View RSS Feed

BlackFalcon

Money In The Bank Predictions

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
Hey guys, Black Falcon here with my first ever blog on the upcoming WWE Pay Per View ‘Money In The Bank”. Only in its second year as a full PPV, The Money in The Bank match has taken mid-carders such as Jack Swagger and CM Punk and propelled them into big-time matches and Championship reigns.

Here I’ll be commenting on the confirmed championship matches, along with my predictions for who will be involved in the ladder matches.

Raw MITB Match Participant Predictions:

Kofi Kingston: Losing the Us Title may be the best thing to happen to Kofi. This could be the start of him finally getting a push to the WWE Title. He’s had some memorable MITB moments before, his ‘ladder stilts’ to name but one, and has always come close to winning before, making him a good choice.

John Morrison: How could you have a ladder match without Morrison? He has plenty of experience and some awesome moments to go with it. I believe they will use him to do the spectacular stunts now that they don’t have Shelton Benjamin anymore. I just hope he’ll be back from injury in time.

Evan Bourne: With his recent win streak over Swagger, It would be easy to see why Evan would be up for contention. I can’t see him winning it, but he will provide some entertaining moments. If not in the match, I have a feeling he’ll be getting a push for the US Championship

The Miz: With A-Ry most likely being pushed for a US title shot, Miz will most likely find his way back into this. With a win from last year, it’s unlikely he will win again. However if last year was anything to go by, he’ll make it memorable.

Chris Masters/Tyler Reks: Even though they haven’t been seen in the last few months, these guys have each made huge impacts on Superstars. They’ll fill the always present ‘fish out of water’ gap, being big powerhouses not used to being seen in ladder matches. However, with Chris’ strength and grappling skills, or Tyler’s wild unpredictability, they would both be good additions.

Alberto Del Rio: Having already won this year’s Royal Rumble, I doubt they will actually push Alberto for the win. However, we know he is a skilled wrestler, and does have ladder match experience. He will be most likely put in as someone to get pushed off the ladder so the crowd can get a happy moment.

Zack Ryder: The people’s new favourite, I wouldn’t be surprised if the WWE bigwigs didn’t add him just to make sure people watch it. He’s a spirited competitor, and definitely has the charisma for a future champ, if he gets in this match, he’ll be the one everyone will cheer for.

R-Truth/Rey Mysterio: These guys may just get in because they have nothing better to do. R-Truth has previous experience, and my personal favourite ladder match has always been Mysterio vs. Guerrero at SummerSlam, and they both have the skills to excel at this match.

Smackdown MITB Match Participant Predictions:

Trent Barreta: Smackdown has a lot more up and coming talent than Raw does, meaning we can count on guys with potential like Trent. He’s had a good run on Superstars, and I think he is deserving of a push.

Jinder Mahal/Sheamus: With Mark Henry and Kane most likely thrown into the Big Show fued which will most likely get a match as well, it falls to these guys to fill the ‘fish out of water’ role. Mahal’s been on a rampage really, which could set him up for it. However, as a former King of The Ring, with ladder experience, Sheamus would be a definite threat to contend with.

Johnny Curtis: I can’t see a cooler way for Johnny to debut than in a ladder match. He won NXT for a reason, and after all these promos I’m getting impatient for a big match to start his career. Let’s hope his skills match up to talk.

Daniel Bryan: A definite threat, however without a major ladder experience, Bryan might not be the choice. Then again he is a fan favourite as well as having a suitable skill set for the challenge.

Justin Gabriel/Heath Slater: Although good as a tag team, including one of these guys in the match would be good to let show what they can do on their own. Besides, who doesn’t want to see a 450 splash off a ladder?

Tyson Kidd: After he sorts out which pointless manager he’s going to pick (No offence to them because they are pretty awesome besides Vickie) Tyson should be able to pull off a good outing in this match. His technical knowhow and quickness make him a perfect choice in my opinion

Ted Debiase: With Rhodes most likely losing to Bryan in a qualifying match, this match could be used to let Ted distance himself and become his own man again. He is way too talented to be used like he is now so hopefully they’ll see sense and put him in.

Wade Barrett: I’m guessing that Sin Cara will have an IC title push which will leave Wade wide open to storm into this. With his ruthless fighting style and aggressive streak, Wade would be sure to use those ladders to maximum effect.

WWE Championship Match: John Cena vs. CM Punk

CM Punk’s final match in the WWE will definitely be one to remember. Always a great performer, as well as one of the greatest wrestlers to ever grab a microphone, I can’t think of a better place than at the PPV of the event that made him a champion. However I can’t help but feel that they will let him win the match just to screw him over like they did to Mysterio last year, by letting whoever won the Raw MITB cash in on him. Even if that does happen though, it will great to see CM Punk one last time.

World Heavyweight Championship Match:Randy Orton vs. Christian

Okay, I know his foot was outside the ropes, but Christian seriously needs to get over himself. Okay, so he pinned Orton on Raw, but that means nothing. I have nothing but respect for CHritians legacy from the Era of Awesomeness to his return and becoming ECW Champion, but this feud is just becoming boring. They might make it a ladder match to spice things up but otherwise just another boring Orton/Christian match.

And this is it for my first ever blog. The last thing I’m going to put is the match I want to see most:

Otunga and McGillicutty vs. Hawkins and Ryder vs. The Usos Triple Threat Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships.

As long as someone besides Z-List and Mr. Not So Perfect wins I’m happy. Usos are finally getting the push they deserve and Ryder and Hawkins are always fun to watch.

Anyways hoped you like this.

Black Falcon signing off.

Submit "Money In The Bank Predictions" to Digg Submit "Money In The Bank Predictions" to del.icio.us Submit "Money In The Bank Predictions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Money In The Bank Predictions" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hate to break it to you but Morrison will be out for at least another 2 months
    I want Christian to win so that he get his balls back & Cm Punk to win so that a tourney can start on Raw and , like mentioned in another post here , it would give some of the lesser known superstars a chance to show us what they've got . I want Wade Barrett to win the Smackdown MITB in order to make sure people never forget him as a threat who can show up anytime to ruin your night . Also , I want ADR to win the Raw MITB and cash in on CM Punk later and be the first person to unsuccessfully cash in MITB . They should also have a 4-Way Elimination tag team match with pinfall anywhere , featuring The Uso's vs. Otunga/McGillicutty vs. Ryder/Hawkins vs. Slater/Gabriel just to give the titles to a more deserving tag team ! As for the Divas Title , Brie should use her rematch and Nikki can interfere . Then Beth Phoenix comes in for the save and the GM makes the match a tag match for the new Divas Tag Team Titles . That's my opinion and my opinion is usually the best one , So Deal With It !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @ChaoticChris: You better be joking about the bottom half of what you just said. The WWE has several divas, true, but the majority of them cannot put on matches that prevent me from going to the bathroom. And the WWE only showcase their flavour of the month divas at any given time anyway, so if the Divas got a tag title, it would be like the TNA KO's tag title-pointless.
    good stuff man i agree 100 percent
    No qualification matches? No chosen one Drew Mcintyre? The way they're doing it this year makes me sick lol.
    First of All , @The Brown One , The WWE has too many Diva's for 1 title , so either get rid of 4 or 5 divas , get Divas Tag Titles or give the divas an hour-long show of their own with tag titles and the divas title and keep those shitty divas and their terrible wrestling off RAW & Smackdown . Also , I would like Sheamus & Drew McIntyre to team up in some kind of "Celtic Connection" and challenge for the tag titles . Also they should have an invitational Over the Top Rope Battle Royal to determine Cena's opponent for SummerSlam . Cause even if CM Punk wins , Cena has his rematch clause and he needs a SS opponent ! Or they could have an Over the Top Rope Battle Royal for the new Unified Cruiserweight Championship , without Hornswoggle included !!!
    Updated 06-28-2011 at 07:59 PM by ChaoticChris
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.