View RSS Feed

jrsckilla23

WrestleMania: Passing of the Torch

Rate this Entry
Hey was up everybody I was thinking about this the other day I though i would share this with you but let's get to the point on Passing of the Torch IMO....

Wrestlemania 6 - It was Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior the two top faces in the WWE went head to head for the WWE Championship and Intercontinental which we all knew Hogan was kind of passing the torch to the second face of the company Warrior. I was rooting for Ultimate Warrior cuz i never liked Hogan when i was started to watch wrestling but this was exciting Match i think but did Warrior actually deserve to get the torch passed to him cuz after just a couple of years after that match Warrior left the WWE.

Wrestlemania 12 - Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels one of my greatest matches of all time. Bret Hart was the face of the company while Shawn Michaels was the Second as these two went head to head for the WWE Championship as the torched was passed to the Showstopper Shawn Michaels i was rooting for both of them cuz they both are clearly the best in the ring and gave us a very great match especially wrestling for an Hour in a 60 Minute Iron Man Match. Does Shawn Michaels deserve to get the torched pass to him Yes!!! because he gave us great matches thru out the years.

Wrestlemania 18 - The Rock vs Hulk Hogan two of the biggest Icons in WWE history gave us a great match i don't want to go to much detail on the match cuz we all saw it but the only thing that got me pissed was when all the fans turned on The Rock and cheered for Hogan, Yes we know Hogan put wrestling entertainment on the map but The Rock entertained us with everything Promos, Wrestling Matches and Entertaining the fans. Well Hogan passed the torch to The Rock which IMO was a very good decision cuz The Rock deserved it.

Which leads me to this....

Wrestlemania 28 - The Rock vs John Cena those of you that have read my blog you guys know I Ain't a Cena fan but these two are going head to head and IMO i really don't think this match should happen because i really don't think Cena deserves to get the torch pass to him cuz first he's not really that entertaining to people who are 18 and over, he doesn't give us something exciting in wrestling matches as he always does the same and win all the time. Like I said about Wrestlemania 28 The Rock gave us everything to be on our feet and screaming our lungs out which clearly Cena don't do unless your 15 and under who like him. So my question to you is does Cena really deserve to get the torch pass to him??? Does he need another victory at Wrestlemania against someone who is a Billion times better than him and especially at his hometown well i for one Don't think Cena deserves it yet i think he needs another 9 more years to get everyones Respect inside the Wrestling Ring.

Once again Leave Your Thoughts but if i left anything out just let me know...

[IMG]http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/rockbottomjohn-cena.jpg[/IMG]
[B]THERE IS ONLY ONE GREAT ONE AND THATS THE PEOPLES CHAMPION[/B]

Submit "WrestleMania: Passing of the Torch" to Digg Submit "WrestleMania: Passing of the Torch" to del.icio.us Submit "WrestleMania: Passing of the Torch" to StumbleUpon Submit "WrestleMania: Passing of the Torch" to Google

Updated 06-23-2011 at 11:26 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Just because you have hate for Cena doesn't mean he shouldn't face The Rock. You should be happy this match is at Wrestlemaina in the first place to be honest. You rarely see Rock wrestle these days and John Cena vs The Rock at the grandest stage of them all is something big, no scratch that, huge.

As for The Rock passing the torch to Cena, why not? Ric Flair passed the torch to HBK, Hulk Hogan passed the torch to The Rock, and Hulk Hogan passed the torch to Ultimate Warrior. I feel The Rock should pass the torch to Cena because Cena is the face of WWE whether you like him or not and The Rock's wrestling career is pretty much over so putting the face of the company over is the right move.
    @wwtna mark - I agree with everything you said except one thing. Do you really think the rock is gonna come back after a hiatus this long to lose? Also, he's a Hollywood guy now. A celebrity. Celebrities have a tendency to go over at mania. From Mickey rourke to LT. I think
    Cena is going down in this one. Just got that feeling.
    I think theres a difference in scale of match that's been overlooked, I agree with you that hogan passed the torch to warrior (shortlived as that was) and that Hart passed the torch to Michaels. But when Hogan faced The Rock it felt like something else. The Rock had already established himself as company leader and it was more like the great guy of the time verses the biggest past legend. It was amazing the way it split the crowd, Maybe my all time best wrestlemania match for atmosphere. It was the whole attitude era verses the golden age (although it wasn't really built that way).

To me Cena/Rock is more like a repetition of that, but with the build for it. Cena is hogan for the current era, he's already company leader (like it or not) and has been for years (as was Rock v hogan). Now I'd actually argue that Cena v Miz from wrestlemania 27 was one of those passing the torch scenarios your talking about, but it was built in a unique way. (it is a shame about the way it ended)

On another note, the thought of royal rumble winner actually ending up in this match making it a triple threat for the wwe title, say the Miz, extending the whole feud from last years build. Then you'd have the past, present and future in the main event in a completely new scenario (i think). I'm not sure if I'd like it if this happens but could almost see it, if cena manages to still have the belt for the match...

To answer your question though, I feel Cena does deserve the match, even though I'm not a fan of his personally. Good blog man

PS Bret Hart passing the torch to Austin at Wrestlemania 13 is a good one in my opinion!
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    @wwtna mark - I agree with everything you said except one thing. Do you really think the rock is gonna come back after a hiatus this long to lose? Also, he's a Hollywood guy now. A celebrity. Celebrities have a tendency to go over at mania. From Mickey rourke to LT. I think
    Cena is going down in this one. Just got that feeling.
    I see your point blink but heres the thing, The Rock to me has no problem putting people over. He put over The Hurricane so him losing to Cena at Wrestlemaina isn't going to bother him. Also, I'm not saying that there is a 100% chance John Cena is going to beat The Rock, I just feel that it would be the right thing to do and thats Cena going over The Rock at Wrestlemaina. I'm a huge fan of The Rock but it makes no sense for him to go over Cena even if he is wrestling in his hometown.
    Great Blog man,,loved the sentence Does he need another victory at Wrestlemania against someone who is a Billion times better than him ,I dont think The Rock should lose 2 Cena @ WM28,,but i think thats whats gonna happen as WWTNA MARK mentioned he has no problem putting people over,,,the hurricane example is the best 1,,But personally i hope that he beat Cena,,& no we dont wanna c a triple threat,,We want cena to go ONE ON ONE WITH THE GREAT ONE,,,,
    I personally think thats how its gonna end,,it'll b great match with both kicking out of each others finishers several times(just like HBK TAKER 1 & 2)..in the end The Great one should win,,then they both shake hands & Rock giving a promo that this win is the biggest of his career & cena was the toughest opponent he faced ever etc,,This way The celebrity status of The Rock woulnt b damaged & WWE gets what they want,,Respect 4 Cena (Sighhhhhhh)
    & as far as passing of the torch is concerned,,hell man,,,cena is already holding the torch without any 1 passing it 2 him,,lolzzzzz
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.