View RSS Feed

The Doorman

The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 1 Review

Rate this Entry
This is the first installment of a very long series of posts, done by myself, reviewing each week of WWE NXT. I'll go from the start of the show to the finish.

OK, so we start with a good beginning video with the song by Kevin Rudolf, that is quite catchy if I might add. So the divas and superstars come out with their rookies.
Now the introductions are always tough. This is where you need to get the WWE Universe on your side right off the bat to get them to vote for you. Kaitlyn had a little trouble, and obviously Vickie hated it. Who cares? Its a tough thing to do. Aksana reminded me of a not-as-hot version of Maryse with her blonde hair, accent, and the non-english language she spoke in. God knows what she said. Oh yea, she said she likes the Double Double E Universe (or something like that) and that she wants to "EntertainMENT" us. Ok. Maxine was good, she came off as a strong heel in my opinion. AJ gave the childhood dream speech, not that there is anything wrong with that but the object was to introduce yourself. Jamie was standing like she was still ring announcing, so. . . Yea, I think she still thought she was ring announcing. She did sound like she knew what she was talking about though, kudos. As for Naomi, well she stole the show. I think she was the fan favorite before she even picked up the mic. She had the best reaction by far.

Now, the dance contest was pointless. Cole, Chimel and Mathews had more eyes on them than the girls did, at least thats what it seemed like. The only girl I felt bad for was Aksana. Josh Mathews came up to dance with her and instead of letting her do her own thing, he tried slow dancing. She was robbed. AJ looked real sexy, Naomi was really flexible, and for a few seconds, it seemed like Maxine was going to take it too far. Enough said.

The first tag match, for rookie divas, was really good. Both divas, Naomi and Maxine did good, especially Naomi, she showed tremendous athletic ability. It was entertaining believe it or not.

Then was the Capture the Flags challenge. I didnt think it was fair for Naomi and Maxine to be in this right away because they just had a match, whatever, boy was I wrong. Jamie is out first and actually looks happy about it, dont know what that was. Then AJ is gone in the second race. Aksana is gone third. Fourth race comes around and the girls go all out. Maxine slams into the non-padded side of the barricade but till gets up fast enough to climb on the barricade and leap off of it (I think) to grab the last flag, adios Kaitlyn. Now the girls who just had a freakin match are the ones in the finals. What does that say about those two, or the other 4 for that matter? Anyway Naomi gets the final flag and wins again. She was on FIRE!!!! She is gonna go far.

Side note: Listening to Michael Cole and Josh Mathews on commentary is, to me, hilarious. The things Cole says to make Josh flip out all the time is great. They make a good team. "Shut up Cole!!!"

Ok, the main event, Aksana and Goldust vs. Primo and AJ. Well the men looked fine, the girls, definetly not so much. They botched the first ending so had to do it again, and the WWE Universe let them hear it with their share of boo's. I get it, it was their first night in a WWE ring that was in front of
15,000+, is nerveracking, but if you wrestle at FCW together, the matches should be somewhat fluent, right?

Ok, the show was entertaining at some points and was not a failure of a first episode. Out of ten, I'll give it a 5. I think thats generous, what about you?

Final: 5 out of 10

Submit "The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 1 Review" to Digg Submit "The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 1 Review" to del.icio.us Submit "The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 1 Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Official WWE NXT Season 3, WEEK 1 Review" to Google

Comments

First off I'd like to say that I liked your review. Secondly, I think NXT 3 is pointless. Sure these gals can wrestle but why bother when everybody knows they will rarely be used on WWE television an then when they are they are paired on a tag team with other divas an have really short matches, little mic time, and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate
    First off I'd like to say that I liked your review. Secondly, I think NXT 3 is pointless. Sure these gals can wrestle but why bother when everybody knows they will rarely be used on WWE television an then when they are they are paired on a tag team with other divas an have really short matches, little mic time, and so forth.
    Thanks, for the comment. Yeah I guess I'd have to agree, but I'll still watch anyway. I mean, its the only wrestling on Tuesdays so I might as well.
    Yeah it's a nice review but I'd agree with TheDevilsAdvocate, NXT3 is utterly pointless, why they decided to rush NXT2 I'll never know, this show absolutlely sucks, anything more or less all Diva would, if this crap doesn't hit the 0.5s then we are all in trouble as all it will do is prove to Vince that he can churn out any old crap and the loyal WWE fans will watch religiously regardless.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.