View RSS Feed

VKM

The WWE's Philosophy

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.
From the title, I can expect that most people will believe that this blog is more than likely about how WWE is currently forcing us a terrible product. However, this is not the case. This blog is about why WWE has decided to make the product the way it is now.

For the past 3 years or so, WWE has managed to turn it's product into a family orientated product. In doing so, their hardcore fans or the IWC has detested the company because of their change in direction. However, even though i dislike the product now, i believe that they changed for the better. And here's why:

One of the reasons back then, WWE had the attitude Era was because the evolution that TV had undergone. During that time, there were more violence on TV. And at that time it was when reality TV shows became popular because of their cursing and their filthy on-screen characters. WWE had to evolve as well and if it did not, then right now as we speak, there would be a DVD called the "Death of WWE". The Attitude Era was made in response to the direction that TV had undergone through that time. WWF was as filthy and violent as those reality shows and other TV shows.

During that Era of violent and rude TV, most parent's blamed TV for the behavior of their children. People blamed TV for crime and etc...TV had to change and so it did. Which is why there is less violent and rude TV shows then there was back then. So, ask yourself this, would evolve with TV again or would continue to produce the "Attitude Era" wrestling? My answer is "no". And I might even get a little heat for that but I will not change my answer because I firmly believe WWE has changed for the better.

WWE's philosophy has somewhat to do with evolution. How many Era's have WWE(F) been through during their beginning? WWE has went from the "Golden Age" to the "New Generation" including Bret Hart and HBK, to the "Monday Nigh Wars" and finally the transitioning from the "Attitude Era" to the "PG Era". For a company to stay fresh and live and last forever it has to evolve. Even if it involves losing the IWC fans.

With IWC, most of us want the company to cater to us. We want the WWE to do what we say. However, it's not about us nor is it about the writers and bookers. The truth is, it's about the masses, the fans that go out and buy the Cenation T-Shirts, the real fans that will support WWE no matter what. In this case, I am talking about the children.

WWE is a very smart company and here's why. During around 1996, there were some goofy segments and things that could never happen in real life. However, at that time WWE catered to the teens and older age group. After watching an interview that Vince Russo had done, I realized exactly why WWE changed their viewer age group to children. During the interview, Vince Russo had stated that around 1996, WWF were doing 1980's wrestling and the internet was just coming into play. Russo stated that he came to the committee and bookers and explained to them that the wrestling buisness isn't the "smart" buisness anymore because anybody that could go on the internet would be considered as smart to the buisness. On the internet, people could read about everything they needed to know about the wrestling buisness.

Now that WWE has changed their focus to children, they became blatantly fake and do wacky things because now they are treating their company as more of a circus or family oriented company where it is more catered to children in the 5-11 age group. In the interview, Russo stated that instead of insulting the fans, he wanted WWE to challenge the fans. However, WWE has done something that is very smart where they don't have to struggle with creating a segment that has to be totally believable. The WWE's philosophy has changed to the point where its no longer about getting the viewers to believe, its just about making the company entertaining and funny to the families.

The WWE has found a way to get good ratings and not have to work as hard at doing it. WWE knows that the little children will enjoy WWE no matter if they know its fake or not because it catches their eye.

Not only has WWE changed their philosophy, they have smartened up by becoming more broad with their entertainment to the point where it's not all about the wrestling. It's about the movies, celebrities, charity, etc...

Even though the WWE has managed to make the IWC dislike their product, they have gotten more publicity than they ever have and to them that's more important. The WWE has found the easier route and in my opinion, its a route that could take them to new heights.

Submit "The WWE's Philosophy" to Digg Submit "The WWE's Philosophy" to del.icio.us Submit "The WWE's Philosophy" to StumbleUpon Submit "The WWE's Philosophy" to Google

Updated 06-19-2011 at 11:47 PM by Frank

Tags: wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Crap crap crap lol
    lol wwe is getting low rating and very low ppv buys
    It's not pg I have a problem with. It's how they do things. They don't create new stars. They bury everyone else for Cena and Orton. Heels rarely get a clean win over faces. Every Cena and Orton match are fifteen minute beat down with all of a sudden victory. Heels get buried, have to cheat to win. I think there is a problem when heels are being cheered and faces are getting bood.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOF666
    It's not pg I have a problem with. It's how they do things. They don't create new stars. They bury everyone else for Cena and Orton. Heels rarely get a clean win over faces. Every Cena and Orton match are fifteen minute beat down with all of a sudden victory. Heels get buried, have to cheat to win. I think there is a problem when heels are being cheered and faces are getting bood.
    They buried everyone that faces Hogan the same way. Exactly the same way. Hogan's entire face career was this. Think about it, who as a face did Hogan put over?
    [QUOTE=Rassling_Fan;bt5703]They buried everyone that faces Hogan the same way. Exactly the same way. Hogan's entire face career was this. Think about it, who as a face did Hogan put over?[/QUOTE]

Hogan has plenty of losses putting the competition over. as a face, he put over the Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, Brock, The Rock, hell even Billy Kidman. Not to mention the Undertaker (not clean though). As a heel he put over flair, Piper, Sting, Goldberg, Luger, ect. Hogan as put over more wrestlers than many people would like to admit! This is coming from a non Hogan fan!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.