View RSS Feed

jamez20

Why do People Hate TNA wrestling? Hogan/Bishoff?

Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Why do so many people "hate" TNA wrestling? Is it because of the welcoming of the Hogan-Bishoff regime? I mean, before Hulk and Bishoff step foot into grounds of TNA, the company had a "low-budget" appeal. Their wrestlers entrance video were so budget. And It seem like they were just waiting for their next "major acquistion" to step foot into their company. Jeff Jarret was mostly in the main picture until Kurt Angle debut.

No one can doubt the fact that the signing of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bishoff helped the company. TNA is now a more recognizable name since Hogan and Bishoff made their arrival. They brought in so many good names since the debut of their presence. I mean, you can't beat the name of RVD, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair and so many more. Like are you kidding me. And yet there are so many people that are negative towards this company. Then you have future talent that already have been recognized in past organizations such as Brian Kendrick and Shannon Moore. Ken Anderson also fits that category. Hulk and Bishoff tried so hard to bring in those talents and it wasn't easy. Before the arrival of Hogan/Bishoff in TNA, the company struggled at bringing in at least one major acquisition. Hulk and Bishoff accomplish the dreams of many fans by reuniting the original nWo once again (which was thought to never happen again of tv) and relaunching the faction in TNA. Another dream match that surprised me with the amount of haters it drew was the feud between the Nasty Boyz and the Dudley Boyz. The two teams were so similar in many ways that I found it hard to dislike. Sure the Dudleyz are a better team, but it was like Hogan verses The Rock; past verses the present. When fans wanted RVD to return, he did! So what's the problem now. No one was ready for Jeff Hardy's departure from pro-wrestling. SO Hulk brought him back. So whats the issue?

And to clarify the issues with the 6sided ring, the removal of it was mainly due to the fact that many wrestlers hated the ring. High-flayers disliked the ring because the corners weren't at a 90degree angle, making it hard to perform. The removal was also a result of the fact that it didn't appear well on camera. In my perspective, when talent shoot their promos in the ring, the ring received the most attention than the actually talent. Might sound kind of crazy, but that's my view I guess. TNA never created the concept of the 6sided ring by the way (just to clear that up).

TNA is so great. One half of there announce team has a ECW mind perspective while the other see things from a WCW stand point. TNA is a more recognizable name now than what it was once was.

Submit "Why do People Hate TNA wrestling? Hogan/Bishoff?" to Digg Submit "Why do People Hate TNA wrestling? Hogan/Bishoff?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why do People Hate TNA wrestling? Hogan/Bishoff?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why do People Hate TNA wrestling? Hogan/Bishoff?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks for some honest talk. People hate something they have been programed to dislike. I have been on this site for a very long time and decide to join the game if you will.

Many hate on TNA and have for years, yet they never stop and watch the show. I use to have a youtube channel a few years back. In 08 fire Russo or TNA was going out of business or Pacman Jones was killing the company or Old guys like Booker T and Kevin Nash were holding the talent down. in 09 it was fire Russo or it is was Sharkboy and Black Machismo. In 10 it was fire Russo, old WWE Rejects along with Hogan and Bischoff. Now in 11 it's push the young taleny give the belt to AJ or Joe ans still fire Russo!!!

Bottom line TNA's roster crushes anything in wrestling yet most fans believe is a fake jersey shore version of the ZMan ( Tom Zenk for the rookies) or a lost cause like Nexus or better yet a wrestler who was doing just fine in TNA and if he had stay would have become so much more. Christain you should have stay in TNA!
    Good blog you have to wonder about the pro/e anti/tna fans that always bash tna no matter what they do good or bad. Everything about TNA is better than the e now.
    Its embarrasing the amount of blind wwe fans who dont even realise that TNA is on tv lol
    Another dream match that surprised me with the amount of haters it drew was the feud between the Nasty Boyz and the Dudley Boyz.

This ruins most of your points because i began to not take you seriously...Nasty Boyz in a dream match?! No, No, No. The NWO reunion was abyssmal btw.

My issue with TNA right now is they are doing storylines that make them come across as a WCW 2. They focus on "Wrestling" but are doing stupid storylines and filling their shows up with backstage interviews and promos that usually don't even help a fued grow. The talents that were "the future" like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe have been in limbo for the past year too, which is why many "pre-hogan" fans are starting to get a bit pissed off at the changes. Yes signing big names is all well and good, but only Anderson is being used well imo. The main event scene has been the same since january 2010; Hogan and bischoff. Both are usually involved in the main event stroylines. TNA's roster doesn't crush anything "A. Jay" because Wrestling is all about selling tickets, and TNA clearly does a poor job at that. Just because WWE wrestlers are told to wrestle a particular style, doesn't mean that in the Indies/Japan they would suck. MVP is an excellent example of that and has made quite an impact in Japan - Where wrestling is actually BETTER than in the States.
    Good blog, but I'm going to be slightly critical of it.

There's a lot wrong with TNA and WWE have just as many (although completely different) things wrong with it. The Nasty Boyz and the Dudleyz was never a dream match for me. Knobbs leeched on to Hogan years ago so he can make some sort of come back and the match itself was awful.

I wasn't a fan of TNA before Hogan/Bishoff, and I certainly not a fan now. They came in thinking they can once again be different from WWE and other wrestling organizations and were arrogant from the get go and what have they produced? As Lowki said; WCW 2. People like AJ and Samoa Joe are getting looked over for ex-WWE talent that TNA wet their awfully tight wet pants over.

Hogan will always try to involve himself in main event storylines, even Bishoff is doing it. Hogan is especially arrogant because he still believes that he's a bigger draw than anyone else on the roster. He has the business sense of a tape worm and won't do TNA any good until he's gone. Bishoff however, DOES have business sense, but does he use it to good cause? No. He's also an arrogant fool who'd rather push awful story lines, jump to silly conclusions and puts himself on TV. Vince did it because at the time, it fuelled a story, once that story is over, he goes away from TV. Bishoff seems to need to stay in the spotlight, just the same as Hogan. Both petrified that if they're away for too long people will stop giving a sh*t about them.

What's the issue with Hulk bringing back a drug addict? Hmm. Well, Jeff wanted to take time away from wrestling and I'll admit, at the time it was a good decision to bring Jeff in to TNA, he was a big draw at WWE, but where exactly did it get them? The guy never got over as well as he did in WWE because TNA just doesn't have the pull it does and Jeff was an idiot to think things had changed. All that ever happens is Hogan throws his name around, and the idiots who actually think it's worth anything jump to it. Then they find they're going no-where. Queue exit.

" They brought in so many good names since the debut of their presence. I mean, you can't beat the name of RVD, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair and so many more. Like are you kidding me."

Interesting. RVD and Ken Anderson, I haven't seen produce a decent match in over a decade between them. Anderson was a great heel with great mic skills, but that's it. RVD does the same routine he was doing in ECW 15 years ago. And as for Flair? I believe you're the one that's kidding. Flair was over the hill two decades ago, but he's got the same problem Hogan has. Step out of the spot light, nobody notices you anymore, so you've got to do it. He's still pinning people! How can a 60 year old with more loose skin than melted mozerella cheese pin a fit, healthy twenty-something?

Also, the dreams of many fans re-uniting the nWo? Just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiconsting
    Good blog you have to wonder about the pro/e anti/tna fans that always bash tna no matter what they do good or bad. Everything about TNA is better than the e now.
    Its embarrasing the amount of blind wwe fans who dont even realise that TNA is on tv lol
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    I just don't enjoy the product they show.

I didn't watch it for a while, watched it twice like, 2 weeks ago? And didn't enjoy it.

It was just a little, uninspiring. For me, it's not doing something right, and you can just feel it.
    Great blog. I am a weekly watcher of Impact and have been watching since Hogan and Bisch came in and its the first wrestling program iv watched regularly since Nitro all the way back in 1999. I for one am glad of the alternative it offers to WWE, which iv never really enjoyed from the attitude era onwards, cant really get into any of the main characters, the humour is often lame, the overbranding "sports entertainment" WWE Universe", the over scripted promos and i can never forgive how badly the invasion angle was handled, any genuine WCW fan knew it was a shambles i mean they didnt even use the right logo!
    Impact has great promos, good tag division, legends and brilliant younger talent, has compelling characters and the promos are bullet pointed which i think leads to better promos where the talents personality actually shines through an makes things seem a little less predictable than the sterile and overproduced vibe i get when i watch wwe. Sure its not all great but as i say its brought this rasslin fan back into the fold after a ten year break, thanks TNA!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.