View RSS Feed

Poot-Hair

Was That A Poot? Blog 2: TNA, Will January Be Too Late?

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Hey guys it's the Poot-Hair again and after the relative success of my first blog I decided to give it a second go. If this works out pretty well I plan on writing a weekly/bi-monthly blogs on anything I deem blog worthy

First and foremost let me say that I am not a WWE, TNA, or RoH mark. I am a Pro Wrestling mark. I mark out for all the drama, suspense, and in-ring action that we've all come to love in the Wrestling business over the years. With that being said onto my subject matter which is TNA, Will January Be Too Late...

Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff joined TNA Wrestling on a 2 year contract in January of 2010. The end of that contract is January 2012...about 4-5 months from now. I personally hope that TNA doesn't re-sign them as HH and EB are absolutely trashing the overall product. Now let me say that I do agree that having a HUGE name like Hulk Hogan has given TNA some name value and publicity, I just think that he has harmed the product in the process.

The reason I say this is because in January of 2010 TNA was averaging a 1.0-1.3 in ratings on Spike. What are they averaging now? The EXACT same thing or even less when you think about the last time TNA got anything over a 1.2. PPV buyrates have absolutely tanked, and the whole product is starting to smell like a hot sick ass....Hogan's hot, sweaty, sick ass to be exact. Do I think it's all Hogan's fault? No, Vince Russo has a huge part in it too but I'll save that for a different rant.

The question I bring to the table today is how long before Panda Energy along with Mama and Daddy Carter grow tired of the constant financial drain that TNA has put on them and cut their losses? Take ol' yeller out to pasture if you will. Unless some drastic changes come to fruition I don't see TNA being around much longer and I hate to say that because I truly hope they succeed to be competition to the WWE. Granted they will never be much competition, but they very well could keep the 'E on their toes.

The other question is has the advancements TNA has made recently going to be enough? They have gotten rid of alot of older talents through firing them or them asking for release (The entire EV 2.0 group for example) although they still have several that could go (Steiner and Flair for example). They are starting to revamp the X-Division due to the success of the Destination-X PPV.

In closing, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff's contracts are expiring in January of this next year, and some speculate that they will not be re-signed. But with the downfall of the product and the sloooowwww advancements the product has made recently, will January be too late?

Well guys that does it for this blog, I hope that maybe I have posted some questions to get you thinking abit. Feel free to leave comments below. Am I right? Am I wrong? Full of shit? I'll always try to post blogs that ask questions and get you thinking so until the next time. PEACE OUT!!

Submit "Was That A Poot? Blog 2: TNA, Will January Be Too Late?" to Digg Submit "Was That A Poot? Blog 2: TNA, Will January Be Too Late?" to del.icio.us Submit "Was That A Poot? Blog 2: TNA, Will January Be Too Late?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Was That A Poot? Blog 2: TNA, Will January Be Too Late?" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I hope they don;t resign Hogan and Bishoff.
    Me too AOF666, as much as I respect what Hogan has done for the business, I still think that he needs to back off. Too much of Hogan's ugly mug all over iMPACT! is killing them
    get rid of Hogan & Russo but not EB lets face it B4 he left WCW was doing awesome. He loves the X div & the thing that screwed up stuff for WCW was NWO getting to big(Not the only thing) also yes get rid of steiner & Flair but keep people like Rey & Dvon since they have stepped up their game this last year & they actually help younger talant. Lastly i have a feeling Immortal will be finished at BFG so that would be good & I love Sting but he needs to retire
    Sadly I feel they will get resigned, but would love to be wrong
    @PHENOMINAL ENIGMA I agree Russo needs to go, he thinks that big heel stables vs. face stables = money. That was the case 12 years ago. Now it's just outdated. I just don't know how he manages to keep a job with the track record he has. Diving on Dixie's muff maybe? I agree about bubba ray and d-von, right now bully is the best heel on TNA's roster. Dude can garner some mad heat. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!!
    personally i think tna is doing better. i mean imortal is probally gonna break up. Kurt angle is champion. the x division is re vamped and has tons of potential. wrestling matters and they are rly tryian to prove it
    @the hybrid boxer I gotta disagree with ya on this one. Is tna doing better now? I don't think so. Will it be doing better in the near future after Immortal disband and we start seeing some action again instead of seeing Bischoff talking at the beginning of EVERY single show? That one is a big maybe. The next few months are really the hinge for TNA. It's make or break time. I'm hoping for make but half expecting the break
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.