View RSS Feed

The Animal Batista

Mainstream Fans vs The Internet Wrestling Community

Rate this Entry
Hey, the topic you are about to read has been worked on for the last few days. The topic came about on a wrestling forum i was on and decided to make an article about it. So hope you read it, please comment if you wish.

Mainstream fans: Do not look into every single detail in the aspect of Wrestling, do not tend to be spoiled and usually support the product by what the program gives them, they do not take the companies as seriously as the IWC simply because they are mainstream and look at it from an Entertaining aspect of it; something to watch to keep you in a good mood.

Internet Wrestling Community: Mindset of knowing every detail within wrestling, they know wrestling is kayfabe and scripted, take every aspect of the sport seriously. Most tend to be spoiled with wanting the show to go their ways, but at the end of the day they are the most loyal and passionate fans out there, as they are very opinionated with how things turn out.

This is a debatable topic, as a pro wrestling fan, which one is seen as the better choice to go with? Well, both sides have an upside and a downside over each other. A mainstream fan would quite possibly enjoy watching it more at most cases, but then again if a mainstream fan doesn’t like the product, they would be more inclined to stop watching the sport as an Internet Wrestling Community fan may know more about the sport. Correct that, they would know more about pro wrestling, they would know usually a lot more behind-the-scenes stuff than a mainstream fan. With the Internet Wrestling Community, if the product is bad or don’t like it at the moment, then most Internet Wrestling Community fans know that prowrestling is a cycle, it will have its ups and downs but the fact that they understand the sport better, then maybe it is better to be an Internet Wrestling Community fan. But however, I’m sure most of us have enjoyed the sport before we signed up for forums, reading spoilers, watching other people rant about how bad it is, learning more about backstage politics and what actually goes on. But another great thing about the Internet Wrestling Community, is that it allows you to communicate with other wrestling fans on the Internet, a lot of people enjoy that as I certainly do myself so that’s a major upside. Like for me that’s a good thing, cause me being from Ireland none of my friends watch wrestling. So my pick on this topic, is with the Internet Wrestling Community.

Thank you if you have taking your time to read this, I would love to know your thoughts in this topic; if you disagree with me then I respect your opinion but please give me your feedback.

Submit "Mainstream Fans vs The Internet Wrestling Community" to Digg Submit "Mainstream Fans vs The Internet Wrestling Community" to del.icio.us Submit "Mainstream Fans vs The Internet Wrestling Community" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mainstream Fans vs The Internet Wrestling Community" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I live in England and no one I know still watches wrestling, they used to back in the day but not anymore. So when I found places like this and others it was great because it gave me a whole community to be a part of. Sure we may not be surprised as easily any more, we may know what each company has up their sleeves at any given moment, but does that take away from the experience of finding out for certain when the show actually goes live? No!
    I would not trade being an IWC fan for anything, I remember back when I used to be a main stream fan, sure it was great and I loved every aspect of the shows. But I've never had as much passion for the show until the IWC came into my life. Knowing as much as possible about any given topic is kind of my bad habit, so having that source of knowledge available to me is like a gold mine.
    Sure there are people you aren't going to like, producers you don't agree with and wrestlers you simply can't stand. But had you been a main stream wrestling fan then you most likely wouldn't have had the option to turn against them in the first place.

Rant over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch176
    I live in England and no one I know still watches wrestling, they used to back in the day but not anymore. So when I found places like this and others it was great because it gave me a whole community to be a part of. Sure we may not be surprised as easily any more, we may know what each company has up their sleeves at any given moment, but does that take away from the experience of finding out for certain when the show actually goes live? No!
    I would not trade being an IWC fan for anything, I remember back when I used to be a main stream fan, sure it was great and I loved every aspect of the shows. But I've never had as much passion for the show until the IWC came into my life. Knowing as much as possible about any given topic is kind of my bad habit, so having that source of knowledge available to me is like a gold mine.
    Sure there are people you aren't going to like, producers you don't agree with and wrestlers you simply can't stand. But had you been a main stream wrestling fan then you most likely wouldn't have had the option to turn against them in the first place.

Rant over.
    My friend i am in the exact same position as you, none of my mates know i still watch wrestling. I have been on many wrestling communities and actually apart of a new one. Which is actually how i came about this site, we were discussing best wrestling sources and this came about. And i pretty much agree with things you mentioned.
    I miss being a mainstream fan. Sure, having people who share you same interest is great, but the constant arguing and complaining really takes it away from you.

Raw was great last night. Why are there three articles complaining about Zack Ryder not being there (different site)? The whole knowledge of Hogan behind the scenes ruining my memories of him as a kid. How bad TNA treats their talents that I can no longer watch or support them.

It's like finding out Santa isn't real and is a guy who randomly assaults people.
    I have just one question: Why over-analyze a sport that isn't even real? If this was real wrestling guys like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk wouldn't do half the moves they do on the show. And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most scripted things entertainment?
    is not a sport
    @ Spider. You kind have to look at it like this.The IWC is well aware that it's not real but like with anything else and for whatever reason people will get passionate about wrestling.You have Star Trek Fans and Star Wars fans and you know that's a assionate fanbase.And while I couldn't care less about either of those movies there are people that are just super passionate about it thats just the way it is.Something about wrestling just grabs us fans and its probably because the majoirty of IWC fans watched wrestling from a young age and stayed loyal.For me theres just something nostalgic about wrestling even though I feel it is nowhere near as good as it used to be I cant bring myself to stop watching even when I see a Raw so bad I say I will never watch this shit again.Yet there I will be next week watching and hoping the show turns around and becomes good again.
    I have been watching wrestling almost a quarter of a century. I'm a fan of wrestling whether I'm considered a mainstream or IWC. THe difference is being a IWC is you can share your opinion with other fans even if they don't agree. My personal opinion is we just want a better product than the mainstream fans. It's not whether we know more, let's face we will watch it if even if it is crap. Wrestling will always have it's ups and downs. I don't know what about wrestling that keeps me watching, but I perfer it over sports.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.