View RSS Feed

Spectroheliographies

WWE's List Top 50 of All Time

Rate this Entry
Been a while since I've blogged about anything but coming across the top 50 wrestlers of all time, and Kurt Angle's comments I'd have to say I agree... here's the list:

1. Shawn Michaels
2. The Undertaker
3. Steve Austin
4. Bret Hart
5. The Rock
6. Harley Race
7. Ricky Steamboat
8. Andre the Giant
9. Rey Mysterio
10. Roddy Piper
11. Eddie Guerrero
12. Triple H
13. Gorgeous George
14. Randy Savage
15. Curt Hennig
16. John Cena
17. Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes (tied)
18. ?
19. Edge
20. Jerry Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan
24. Bruno Sammartino
25. Chris Jericho
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Fabulous Moolah
28. Freddie Blassie
29. Randy Orton
30. Pat Patterson
31. The Iron Sheik
32. Jimmy Snuka
33. Mick Foley
34. Kurt Angle
35. Buddy Rogers
36. Gorilla Monsoon
37. Junkyard Dog
38. Billy Graham
39. Jake Roberts
40. Big Show
41. Jack Brisco
42. Sgt. Slaughter
43. Kane
44. Nick Bockwinkel
45. Jeff Hardy
46. Dory Funk Jr.
47. Bob Backlund
48. Rick Rude
49. Batista
50. Killer Kowalski

I managed to find it online but it doesn't make sense at all to me what I see is that all of the older guys they've tried to push or mention recently have been pushed higher. But people like Kane who should be higher than he is not by much are left dwindling two places above Jeff Hardy? Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho alike deserve a higher spot it looks to me as if WWE's trying to sell their crap again and this list isn't legitimate.

I'm sure you've assumed by my comment about Jeff Hardy that I'm not a giant Jeff Hardy fan. (Not saying I wasn't, because I was at one point...) but look at how high up Edge is compared to Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan and Jerry Lawler. Now the argument could be that he was starting to make a huge impact and it's due to his retirement they pegged him so high. But really below Ric Flair, especially since even above him they have Rey Mysterio above Rowdy Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero, John Cena (who I dislike but I'll concede that he has possibly made one of the biggest impacts in WWE,) and Triple H? That's all fine and dandy if you can look past all of this but there's still one question... why is Sgt. Slaughter above Kane? (Assuming their Kane is all-time Kane including when he was masked.)

Just something I wanted to get off my chest.

Submit "WWE's List Top 50 of All Time" to Digg Submit "WWE's List Top 50 of All Time" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE's List Top 50 of All Time" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE's List Top 50 of All Time" to Google

Updated 09-04-2011 at 10:44 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

i have to agree.
    top 5 i agree
    like him or not Hogan became the face of wrestling and brought it into the main stream more than anyone else. and he's 23rd?
    he might be a legend but what has harley race done which would make him that high?
    Hogan, Randy Savage, Ric Flair and maybe even Ted diBiase should all have made top 10
    this list wasn't made to be legitimate, to what i understand, just for another dvd...
    goog blog man i agree im a huge kurt angle fan he is way to low he is the beest in the world. i like the idea of the list no doult but they messed up list rey mistreo and cena over edge and jericcko come on now
    The list was compiled by the vote of current WWE superstars.
    As much as I can't stand him Hogan should be in Top 5. Ric Flair Top 5. Triple H below Eddie Guerro? Can't see that. He should be Top 10. Randy Savage Top 10. Cena is in the right spot although him and Edge should be one after the other no matter what order. Jake Roberts should be higher. Chris Jericho at least Top 15 and above Cena and Edge. Kurt Angle defineitely higher. I ould say Top 25

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.