View RSS Feed

Stern

TNA: WWE's kid brother begging for attention.

Rating: 4 votes, 2.75 average.
I'd like to make the point before anyone (if anyone) reads this blog that I do not like TNA Wrestling, or Impact Wrestling, whatever they want to call themselves. I watched TNA for the first time a few years back when they still had the six sided ring and just had to ask myself "why?" Why would any wrestling company decide to create a ring with an extra two sides? Simple. They wanted to be different from WWE. Granted, I can see why. WWE is the biggest wrestling organization in the world and companies need a niche to get noticed. This was not their niche. If Hulk Hogan has done anything in TNA (other than grind the already slow moving train almost to a complete stop), getting rid of the six sided ring was it.

I watched TNA every now and again and found the whole show laughable. Every time I switched on TNA I found yet another WWE reject, or over the hill, trying to cling on to fame wrestler trying to steal the spotlight. But, I enjoyed watching matches by AJ Styles and Christian when he was a TNA... dare I say, superstar.

Anyway, I'm writing this blog because of TNA's recent name change from TNA to Impact Wrestling. Why? Again, it's because the management of TNA (from what I know, is Dixie, Hulk and Bishoff) are stupid. The story from what I've read is WWE are distancing themselves from the word "wrestling" because Vince has this long term goal to make the WWE into a brand name like the NFL, or something. TNA, in all their glory, take this to mean that WWE no longer want to focus on wrestling. That's right, they genuinely believed that WWE, a company solely based on wrestling, no longer wants to focus on wrestling. Cue TNA wanting to go in the opposite direction of WWE, as they usually do, and completely miss the point.

By all means, I'm not saying WWE are perfect, they're not. WWE constantly push people like John Cena and The Miz. Both of whom have the characteristics and personality of a paper bag. Full of steroids. When I was watching wrestling you had The Rock insulting anyone he felt like, running his mouth at anyone. Austin giving people the finger, 70 year old's crammed in a shower with an overweight, sweaty Mark Henry. Now they're all about "I'mmm Aweeeessssooome." A catchphrase a 12 year old with brain damage might blurt out while dribbling.

I'm going to break down exactly what is wrong with TNA as a whole, as I've got the time, and I'm on a roll here.

On-screen chemistry

I know Vince Russo is booking for TNA, but after helping to completely screw up one company, you'd have thought he'd learnt his lesson? Nope. Absolutely not! The story lines between characters are usually awful. Promo's are even worse and stories just end abruptly. I'm not even bothering to follow the current story in TNA because there's no point. In two weeks it'll be done and dusted, and we'll see Hogan spouting off at someone else in the middle of the ring and some new rubbish trying to be forced.

The wrestlers themselves

Now, I'm not going to generalize here, because TNA do actually have some very valuable assets. Kurt Angle for example is one of my favourite wrestlers, now and when he was in WWE. Do they utilize him? No. Kurt vs Jeff Jarrett? C'mon! I could book a better Impact than Russo/Hogan. Jarrett has the microphone skills of a deaf person. Again, they really do have talent. AJ is great to watch (although, not to listen too), and the X Division is something that WWE is missing. But then you have people like Hogan. Wrestlers that are over the hill and never want to quit. I think it was when he brought in the Nasty Boys, that's when it confirmed to me that nobody in TNA have a clue what they're doing. Bring up new, fresh talent, older talent, job. Pass the torch.

Word to the wise, if WWE are releasing their superstars, they've got a good reason.

Directing

It's a bit petty, but when someone is going to blade, don't stick your camera man right in the face of the wrestler.

Matt Hardy

Okay, this isn't a dig at Matt Hardy, but when he went to TNA he claimed he was "totally re-inventing himself." Plating your hair like a 9 year old girl and changing your trousers isn't reinventing yourself, Matt. If you really want to re-invent yourself, shave off all your hair, start growing a stubble around your chin and try some new wardrobe and go out as a heel. It would work wonders.

Hogan, Bishoff, Russo.

Last thing, I've gone a bit too far here. If you ruin one wrestling company from so violently trying to not be like WWE, the exact same methods you used a decade ago will still not work now. As my title says, you are, and always will be WWE's annoying little brother who is just begging for attention and will do anything for it. You've nothing original. I saw a countdown clock for (I think it was the undertakers return), suddenly, what does TNA have? You guessed it! A countdown clock. There was even a video I saw a few weeks back with a camera angle of (again, I think) the Undertaker coming up from behind the ring looking menacingly, played next to a video of Ken Anderson in THE EXACT SAME SHOT, THE EXACT SAME FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. WWE do something, TNA try to copy, or do the exact opposite. Try something original for a change. Take the title off Sting, put it on a decent heel.

The point is, TNA/Impact Wrestling isn't original. While Hogan/Bishoff are there throwing their weight around, it'll only be WCW but under a new name. I know that's nothing original, people have said that already. But TNA is a sinking ship, and they're all out of lifeboats.

That's all for now. Just wanted to rant, if you read, thanks!

Submit "TNA: WWE's kid brother begging for attention." to Digg Submit "TNA: WWE's kid brother begging for attention." to del.icio.us Submit "TNA: WWE's kid brother begging for attention." to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA: WWE's kid brother begging for attention." to Google

Tags: matt hardy, tna
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
    I cant believe people are so sinicle of TNA the older talent Kurt vs Jeff has been atleast a 4 star match everytime, bully ray has been on fire since leaving 3D & i agree with Nasty boys comment but them & the band were gone after like 3 months (at most), Matt Hardy has become a darker personality since being in TNA & shaving his head growing a beard & getting a different wardrobe wont be reinventing wrestling or himself for that matter also there are 100's of people that have said they will change wrestling. The Sting 3 - 3 - 11 was TNA just mocking WWE for not getting him at WM27. And finally the thing im sick of is people saying that the storylines are all the same well id like some1 to try & creat a completely new storyline after pro wrestling has been around for over 100 years. Obviously WWE is number 1 & people in TNA have even admitted there not gonna take them down doesn't mean they cant try just my opinion
    First off the word is cynical. I don't know why you're trying to use a word that you don't know how to spell. How is it hard to continue to create storylines when WWE continues to make no only new stories, but new stars? A creative writer's job is to come up with new and innovative ideas and if the guys from TNA can't do that, then they don't need to be in business. Mocking the WWE obviously hasn't worked. It sure hasn't improved the ratings any. And if Bully Ray is one of their main draws, then there's no way that I'm going to make an attempt to watch an episode of Impact anytime soon.
    First off I must say calling anybody a reject is not cool. They are wrestler who make a livivng wrestling. So going to TNA is not a bad thing just like going to ROH isn't a bad thing. MVP went to Japan is he a reject?

The problem with this thread and alot of things I have read from the IWC makes it seem like TNA is god awful and it's not. I read this post and wonder where was the Love for the talent TNA has. From Aj to Beer Money to MCMG to Crimson I could go on and on. As a old head when it comes to wrestling TNA is not dropping the ball, WCW 1993 was dropping the ball. Terry Taylor as the red roster is droping the ball. Jay Lethal is something to get mad about when it comes to TNA. Last Year was a great push and feud Flair only to be stop short by the backstage machine. Just like the Pope after AAO or even RVD before BFG. The WWE is no better either I watch Raw for the 1st time since Triple H attack Orton after he came out the back of the Ambulance a back in 09 and found it sad that Kofi Kingston was the US champ when I stop watching it just to return and see him in the same spot. No wolrd Title shot at all. Yet R.Truth is getting the push? Makes no sense. Just like anybody thinking that Kali is worth watching... He never has.

In todays world of wrestling the IWC has the power and doesn't get that. As much as you all hate IMPACT wrestling you must remember WWE will never try to up their game until somebody challenges them like WCW. When you guys hold TNA or WWE even ROH it stops the process from taking place. Because I can promise you the moment the IWC stops giving so much lov e to Vince and the ratings drop he would pull out all the stops to make it better.

And on a side note, if all you can remember from your wrestling past are things from the Attitude Era you are selling the past, presents and future of up the river! I don't miss the Attitude era... I miss that era of wrestling because everybody was trying to be number one and it showed. Nowadays the fans have so much dislike they miss out on the great things from the other company.

I'm not defending TNA, WWE or ROH if you do us wrong as fans your gonna hear about it
    Not to over do it but I have to say this as well. If the K.O. are so bad why are you guys so hyped about Kong... I mean Kharma in the WWE? Atlease the knocouts had great battles with Kong. The Divas will never have those types of matchs with her before or after the baby.
    Thank you A.Jay I completely agree with you. It's the WWE marks that annoy me. I'm by no means a TNA mark and see some value in what WWE does. In fact I started watching wrestling over 10 years ago with WWE, but let's face it the days of great feuds and storylines like the ones we used to get are gone. I completely agree that WWE has gotten lazy and that their best days were when they actually competed to be the top fed so they knew they couldn't put out the crap they put out nowadays. If the current WWE was competing against WCW still they would by no means be the number one fed but they would surely step up their game. Some of these people who criticize TNA are the same people that complain about Super Cena and Randy being on top all the time, who think WWE should push guys like Swagger, JoMo and Zack Ryder, who hate how kid oriented the WWE is nowadays but at the end of the day they're still the same marks who would rather continue supporting the bad bookings in WWE than support something different. Keep in mind guys WWE came to be the number one fed with your support, it continues to be the number one fed cause of your support and if you were to support something else maybe something else has a chance of being the number one fed some day or maybe seeing your lack of support for WWE will drive it to better itself again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl
    Thank you A.Jay I completely agree with you. It's the WWE marks that annoy me. I'm by no means a TNA mark and see some value in what WWE does. In fact I started watching wrestling over 10 years ago with WWE, but let's face it the days of great feuds and storylines like the ones we used to get are gone. I completely agree that WWE has gotten lazy and that their best days were when they actually competed to be the top fed so they knew they couldn't put out the crap they put out nowadays. If the current WWE was competing against WCW still they would by no means be the number one fed but they would surely step up their game. Some of these people who criticize TNA are the same people that complain about Super Cena and Randy being on top all the time, who think WWE should push guys like Swagger, JoMo and Zack Ryder, who hate how kid oriented the WWE is nowadays but at the end of the day they're still the same marks who would rather continue supporting the bad bookings in WWE than support something different. Keep in mind guys WWE came to be the number one fed with your support, it continues to be the number one fed cause of your support and if you were to support something else maybe something else has a chance of being the number one fed some day or maybe seeing your lack of support for WWE will drive it to better itself again.

I should be thanking you for what you just wrote. I promise you and anyone who reads this... If everybody would watch TNA over WWE Vince would have to better his show.

We as the fans have the power to make the changes we want, we just have to support TNA enough to make Vince WANT to do more,
    Updated 06-10-2011 at 11:47 AM by A.Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Bralon23
    First off the word is cynical. I don't know why you're trying to use a word that you don't know how to spell. How is it hard to continue to create storylines when WWE continues to make no only new stories, but new stars? A creative writer's job is to come up with new and innovative ideas and if the guys from TNA can't do that, then they don't need to be in business. Mocking the WWE obviously hasn't worked. It sure hasn't improved the ratings any. And if Bully Ray is one of their main draws, then there's no way that I'm going to make an attempt to watch an episode of Impact anytime soon.
    First off you don't have to knock people for spelling, it makes you look like a jerk towards others. And were all fans here so please try to respect those that respect the samethings you do.

WWE is not trying any new storylines, Rtruth is doing the modern verison of Faarooq Hasan back in 1997. " Why is Vader getting a Title shot over me Vince Mcmahon? Why because he's a white man that's why" It's played out to have the Black guy play the Sterotype roll in wrestling. It's not working for the pope either.

Second Bully Ray has mic skills for days and a gimmick so much better in TNA then when he went solo with the WWE.

You don't watch IMPACT so how can you knock it so much? That's like me tell you to brush your teeth everyday with crest instead of aquafresh and the moment I see you using Aquafresh I stop being your friends just because of the tooth paste you use. Doesn't make since huh? Now you know how your comment came across
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.