View RSS Feed

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

To TNA: A Letter of Concern

Rating: 4 votes, 3.50 average.
To Whom This May Concern:

TNA...Impact Wrestling...whatever you call yourselves these days - it's time. It is time to make a move. Stop sitting back and waiting for the fans and ratings to come. It's time to make a decision to make yourself competitive in the main-stream wrestling picture. You can be the one that brings wrestling back from it's recession of popularity and creative mediocrity. You can be, but you better hurry.

Above you you have WWE, the powerhouse of the wrestling industry. Over the last few years they have become complacent with their top spot. No longer fueled by any significant competition the creative have gotten lazy and they have been trying to take shortcuts to develop characters to the point that they have only two true mega-stars in Orton and Cena left. Even in this downturn, for some reason you can not take advantage and elevated your product.

Below you is what I am most concerned with. Ring of Honor just got sold to a mid-major broadcast group and now has a large financial backing. Even though you say that Sinclair Broadcasting Group is insignificant in the world of television with their 22% of homes in the US having one of their affiliates and the lack of stations in large markets - the threat of them is still there. Like Panda Energy, the company that is responsible for your existence, SBG has the money to pump into ROH is they please. Unlike you, they have a completely different focus on what a wrestling company is and being backed by a broadcast company gives them an insider to find that significant TV deal.

Personally, I do not follow ROH as mush as I probably should, but I do know that they put on some of the best wrestling that this country has to offer. Where many of their talents lack in mic skills and may not have "the look" by yours and WWE standards, they make up for it in the ring. The thing that gets me worried is that they are nothing like you and WWE, which could be huge for them. They are outside-the-box when it comes to their product and history has shown us that this different mentality can be a good thing.

ECW had this mentality back in the 90s and gained itself a solid #3 spot behind WWE/F and WCW. If ROH does use their difference in style to their advantage and starts to pick up some steam they can solidify their spot in mainstream wrestling. Your problem is that your are no WCW no matter how bad you want to be so you can be easily knocked down from your #2 spot. You could go from sitting on your high horse to wrestling obscurity in a matter of months if things start to fall into place for ROH.

As a fan since 2004, please get rid of Hogan, Foley, Flair and let them go back home to the WWE. Even though Foley brings something to the table, just send him home because this honeymoon has been done for a while now. Take Impact Wrestling on the road or at the very least live on Thursday nights. Bring back what made me a fan of yours in 2004 and stop going towards what drove me away from WWE. ROH is coming whether you like it or not.

Fortunately for me, you guys brought me back into wrestling in 2004, but I never had HDNET.
Unfortunately for you - I do have a Sinclair Channel

Concerned but willing to watch ROH if given the oppertunity,
YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

Crack, out.

Submit "To TNA: A Letter of Concern" to Digg Submit "To TNA: A Letter of Concern" to del.icio.us Submit "To TNA: A Letter of Concern" to StumbleUpon Submit "To TNA: A Letter of Concern" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I find it laughable you're comparing the 1990s to now. Cable television is MUCH bigger with many more providers and channels then when ECW was around. Not to mention the eventual TNN deal they got screwed them over and they got taken off television and their rival was put on. Quite frankly, ROH does have a chance to make a name for themselves more than they would have with HdNet.

Will they beat TNA? No, sorry. They won't. They have people like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, some household WWE names but still don't get great ratings. What in the world makes you think ROH will do any better? And don't even start with the whole non-sense about the people I named being no draws, because whether you as an IWC member like it or not, they are.
    ECW was a small company but their matches got everybody's attention. I use to stay up till 2or 3 in the morning just to watch ECW. If ROH can do the same Both TNA and WWE will have soe competition. Competition what we really need. I agree TNA needs to stop being WCW and be it's own company. They have been improving, Hogan and Bishoff have been getting less tv time. They also been putting on good matches. I'm no longer falling asleep during their show.
    TNA is being run by the same people that kille WCW Eric Bishoff and Hulk Hogan they do not know how to promote anything and their storylines are crap and make no sense at all. I just got done reading the life and death of wcw and the reason WCW die was because of Bishoff and Hogan and now they are running TNA. TNA is no WWE and never will be and I bet one day Mr. Mcmahon will end up buying TNA like he did ECW and WCW.
    ROH is ok, but TNA has come so far. Foley was ehh, but having Hogan and Flair there is good marketing, if you’re going to be competitive, you need big names. AJ Styles is getting there and a really good wrestler but will not put the people in the seats. Any successful wrestling federation needs a good mix of veterans and new stars.
    TNA needs more “live” Impacts, the X division is coming along and there storylines blow away WWE’s. Sting as world champ is a smart move and they actually have a tag team division, if this was WWE they would have Beer Money split up already 3 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by zckhll21
    TNA is being run by the same people that kille WCW Eric Bishoff and Hulk Hogan they do not know how to promote anything and their storylines are crap and make no sense at all. I just got done reading the life and death of wcw and the reason WCW die was because of Bishoff and Hogan and now they are running TNA. TNA is no WWE and never will be and I bet one day Mr. Mcmahon will end up buying TNA like he did ECW and WCW.
    ??You think that WWE has better storylines than TNA? 3 words “email” “General Manager”. There storylines are so old and stale.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.