View RSS Feed

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

Impact Wrestling: The Rebuttal Blog

Rate this Entry
Let me first off say - if you agreed with my last blog or not, thank you for your click and for the time you took out to make a response. I am writing this blog as a response of sorts to many of your comments. It is just much easier trying to defend myself here than in the trenches of the comment section.

According to Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan, TNA Entertainment is now running Impact Wrestling. So it is not just a change to the show, but a change to the entire name.

Now the main reason for the blog I wrote a few days ago

( http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...-Move#comments )

was to support the business reasons behind the re-branding of TNA to Impact Wrestling. Many of the comments went into the creative, roster moves, and the booking. I am not going to blog here and say that TNA has been perfect in all of those area, because they are not at all, but it is kind of hard to say that the creative is not going to work when not a single full TV episode has been taped under the Impact Wrestling name. The official announcement was only done a few days ago (as of this writing). So I think we really need to all wait and see how all of that goes in the next few weeks. Obviously TNA can talk all they want about this "re-branding" but if the creative side does not follow, this is all just a waste of time.

Next, I got a few comments that said that this was a bad move because it was going to cost more money than TNA has, but I do not believe this to be the case. When WWF turned into WWE years back, the WWF was a worldwide recognized entity for decades and decades. They needed to spend millions on the "get the 'F' out commercials" in order to inform the millions and millions that watched its products. Also, the internet was not nearly as large as it is today, so that restricted the media outlets WWE could have used. With TNA's re-branding, we all knew two weeks ago that TNA was going to re-brand because of the internet. Not to mention TNA is so much smaller, practically a new company compared to the WWE, and has so many less followers makes the re-branding relatively simple for them. Changing up the website, making sure the logo is on the future merchandise, and drilling the new name in our heads during the TV programs will have us forgetting the TNA name in 6 months.

With the whole TNA is copying WWE thing with the re-branding, I know, that's what industries do. Did WWE not re-brand to copy WCW/ECW back in the 90s? Study marketing/business for a day, and just look the televisions commercials and you see after a while they all start copying each other. Any smart business or company goes out and see what their competition is doing and if they are doing something right, you take it and put your own spin on that thing. If they are doing something wrong or neglecting an area, you go and fulfill that need and bash the other company for not meeting that need. WWE does not want to "wrestle" anymore, they want to "sports-entertain." How is TNA being dumb by giving you what you want, wrestling.

Without going crazy, we all know that Impact Wrestling need major creative changes in order to make this work. We know Russo needs to step the booking game up and the oldies need to step off of camera. We know that the young guys need to shine and we know that good wrestling is what they have to do. But please, do not start saying that this is never going to work or has not worked when nothing has happened yet under Impact Wrestling. Next Thursday we will see the direction for ourselves. My original blog was behind the business reasons and many took it in a completely different direction.

But again, thank you for your responses, negative or positive, because friendly-debates are always a good thing. Without opinions, life would be boring.

If you read this far, thank you.
Crack, out.

Submit "Impact Wrestling: The Rebuttal Blog" to Digg Submit "Impact Wrestling: The Rebuttal Blog" to del.icio.us Submit "Impact Wrestling: The Rebuttal Blog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Impact Wrestling: The Rebuttal Blog" to Google

Updated 05-14-2011 at 05:24 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Graffis
    God damn it, WWE only changed their name because the World Wildlife Fund was taking them to court for the WWF initials. It had nothing to do with "entertainment" at the time. If you are going to write a blog about name changes, do it right.
    haha get mad?

If you're going to criticize someone, YOU need to get it right. Everyone knows why WWF had to change it's name but when did I ever go into the why? I was talking about the campaign behind the name change.

Separately, that's why they are in separate paragraphs, I was talking about the re-branding (which does not always mean a name change) of WWF into the Attitude Era to match up with WCW.

Please if you are going to try and be a dick, read the whole thing. Just don't skim to the parts that you want to hear so you can be a dick about whatever you think the blog is about, not what it actually is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
    haha get mad?

If you're going to criticize someone, YOU need to get it right. Everyone knows why WWF had to change it's name but when did I ever go into the why? I was talking about the campaign behind the name change.

Separately, that's why they are in separate paragraphs, I was talking about the re-branding (which does not always mean a name change) of WWF into the Attitude Era to match up with WCW.

Please if you are going to try and be a dick, read the whole thing. Just don't skim to the parts that you want to hear so you can be a dick about whatever you think the blog is about, not what it actually is about.
    Well said crack!
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
    haha get mad?

How can you even compare WWF vs WCW to the not even relevant position TNA is having right now. TNA doesnt even tour and they perform in revenues the size of schoolgyms. The rebranding will not change a thing.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.