View RSS Feed

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

To TNA: A Letter of Concern

Rating: 4 votes, 3.50 average.
To Whom This May Concern:

TNA...Impact Wrestling...whatever you call yourselves these days - it's time. It is time to make a move. Stop sitting back and waiting for the fans and ratings to come. It's time to make a decision to make yourself competitive in the main-stream wrestling picture. You can be the one that brings wrestling back from it's recession of popularity and creative mediocrity. You can be, but you better hurry.

Above you you have WWE, the powerhouse of the wrestling industry. Over the last few years they have become complacent with their top spot. No longer fueled by any significant competition the creative have gotten lazy and they have been trying to take shortcuts to develop characters to the point that they have only two true mega-stars in Orton and Cena left. Even in this downturn, for some reason you can not take advantage and elevated your product.

Below you is what I am most concerned with. Ring of Honor just got sold to a mid-major broadcast group and now has a large financial backing. Even though you say that Sinclair Broadcasting Group is insignificant in the world of television with their 22% of homes in the US having one of their affiliates and the lack of stations in large markets - the threat of them is still there. Like Panda Energy, the company that is responsible for your existence, SBG has the money to pump into ROH is they please. Unlike you, they have a completely different focus on what a wrestling company is and being backed by a broadcast company gives them an insider to find that significant TV deal.

Personally, I do not follow ROH as mush as I probably should, but I do know that they put on some of the best wrestling that this country has to offer. Where many of their talents lack in mic skills and may not have "the look" by yours and WWE standards, they make up for it in the ring. The thing that gets me worried is that they are nothing like you and WWE, which could be huge for them. They are outside-the-box when it comes to their product and history has shown us that this different mentality can be a good thing.

ECW had this mentality back in the 90s and gained itself a solid #3 spot behind WWE/F and WCW. If ROH does use their difference in style to their advantage and starts to pick up some steam they can solidify their spot in mainstream wrestling. Your problem is that your are no WCW no matter how bad you want to be so you can be easily knocked down from your #2 spot. You could go from sitting on your high horse to wrestling obscurity in a matter of months if things start to fall into place for ROH.

As a fan since 2004, please get rid of Hogan, Foley, Flair and let them go back home to the WWE. Even though Foley brings something to the table, just send him home because this honeymoon has been done for a while now. Take Impact Wrestling on the road or at the very least live on Thursday nights. Bring back what made me a fan of yours in 2004 and stop going towards what drove me away from WWE. ROH is coming whether you like it or not.

Fortunately for me, you guys brought me back into wrestling in 2004, but I never had HDNET.
Unfortunately for you - I do have a Sinclair Channel

Concerned but willing to watch ROH if given the oppertunity,
YOUcanCALLmeCRACK

Crack, out.

Submit "To TNA: A Letter of Concern" to Digg Submit "To TNA: A Letter of Concern" to del.icio.us Submit "To TNA: A Letter of Concern" to StumbleUpon Submit "To TNA: A Letter of Concern" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TNA has national syndication whereas ROH does not. Spike Television is a single cable network operated and owned by a subsidiary of MTV Networks which is wholly owned by media conglomerate Viacom. Sinclair Broadcasting owns a few locally broadcasted channels throughout the United States. The two just don't compare, friend.

Though I do believe TNA is making a step towards a better direction with their re-branding.
    I agree its time to step up a bit impact should be live & on the road every week as being in the same old place does suck a bit. Foley is leaving anyway as for hogan & flair i just think they should be on tv less but their main role should be helping develop talent behind the scenes.
    TNA as of late has been doing everything in their power to turn things around, the rebranding has truly started working in their favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax
    TNA has national syndication whereas ROH does not. Spike Television is a single cable network operated and owned by a subsidiary of MTV Networks which is wholly owned by media conglomerate Viacom. Sinclair Broadcasting owns a few locally broadcasted channels throughout the United States. The two just don't compare, friend.
    ECW was a minor league with only access in Philadelphia but became #3 of America. Even with a minor Broadcasting company, it is still a threat.

Though I do believe TNA is making a step towards a better direction with their re-branding.
    Now they just need to live up to it, which they haven't.
    TNA was just like ROH back in 2004 they just started changing the more WWE guys they could get and i dont mean RVD Jeff Hardy Anderson i mean hogan foley but you watch ROH will do the same thing if they get the chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan
    ECW was a minor league with only access in Philadelphia but became #3 of America. Even with a minor Broadcasting company, it is still a threat.

Now they just need to live up to it, which they haven't.

ECW was AWESOME! but lets face it they were never a legit threat they only had a TV deal for a matter of months but heyan couldnt compramise his image of the company
    Quote Originally Posted by PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
    TNA was just like ROH back in 2004 they just started changing the more WWE guys they could get and i dont mean RVD Jeff Hardy Anderson i mean hogan foley but you watch ROH will do the same thing if they get the chance
    Only the people they could possibly do so was with the company before. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Chistopher Daniels, Lowki, big names in wrestling who were a big part of ROH.

Quote Originally Posted by PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
    ECW was AWESOME! but lets face it they were never a legit threat they only had a TV deal for a matter of months but heyan couldnt compramise his image of the company
    Like ECW, ROH have something the other two companies didn't bring with a loyal fanbase that rivals the company.

Unlike ECW, ROH have a bigger Television deal (ECW's original Phili Channels compared to Sinclair) and a willingness to possibly change the face of main stream wrestling with a company who is willing to support them.

If they play their cards right, ROH could be the #2 in a couple of years, with TNA playing catch up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.