View RSS Feed

knox

The Lightweight or Cruiserweight Belt Must Come Back

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Hey guys hope all is well. I've been blogging lately and I must admit something. Both TNA & WWE have an amazing Lightweight roster. I would go as far as to say WWE's & TNA's Lightweight roster are better than the heavyweights or maineventers as far as in ring ability.

WWE's Lightweights/Cruiserweights:

Chavo Guerrero, Curt Hawkins, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Heath Slater, Jey Uso, Jim Uso, Justin Gabriel, JTG, Justin Gabriel, Michael Mcguilicuty, Primo, Santino, Sin Cara, Trent Baretta, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder.

This list alone has alot of talent to make a division out of. A division in which history shows is known for providing the best matches.

Chavo: He's the veteran of this group. Certainly can still tango with the best and can help this division very well.

Daniel Bryan: Has all the internet buzz in the world to be the first holder of this belt to give it a little pride. And I respect Daniel as a U.S. Champ but I feel the WWE has to build him to that because they gave him the U.S. Belt too soon.

Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel: These two are the future, enough said.

JTG: Last time I checked he holds a pin fall victory over Chris Jericho. The Creative team seen enough to let him beat Y2J when Cryme Tyme were in a program with Jeri-Show. Why drop the ball on JTG because his partner left?

Santino: Definitely a good name to throw in the mix

Sin Cara: Hey Rey Mysterio made his name twice as famous in his classic Cruiserweight Title matches back in WCW verses names like Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Juventude Guerrera, and plenty more. Look at where this belt has took his career, along with Y2J & Guerrero's. This belt has made World Champs.

Trent Baretta & Tyson Kidd: These two keep getting better week by week.

Yoshi Tatsu: He needs his spot. The dude has the stuff.

Zack Ryder: Not a big fan of his but he's made some noise lately.

I didn't mention Christian, Cody, Cm Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, and Ted Dibiase because they have enough experience, talent, and overall crowd participation to compete for I.C., U.S. or World, WWE Title Gold.

Disputes & Issues:

The WWE are trying to merge titles and drop titles so I don't know if they could possibly bring back another.

Also, time constraints are a huge problem. The WWE doesn't seem like they would take the time to showcase this group of talent on Raw or Smackdown. They would give them the same two minute matches they give the divas which would piss me off.

Hardcore Title:

This was an awesome belt for a while but in a PG Era, these matches would be lame with the weapon restrictions. If the WWE brings a belt back, it would have to be the Cruiserweight or Lightweight Title back. Those names mentioned above have proven that they can put on quality edge of the seat matches. Trent Baretta in particular, he's one of favorite guys and I would hate to see him get cut.

Ok, so What do with all the extra names?: Re-Build the Tag Team Division

Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins could reform.

The Usos could get back on the scene.

MM & Heath Slater can join forces because judging by the spoilers, Justin Garbiel is headed for a faceturn.

Theres alot of things the WWE can do with this large group of talented stars. But keeping them on Superstars and not giving them a lick of a chance on Raw is not helping them at all.

I'm pretty sure Trant Baretta vs Tyson Kidd is more interesting than watching Cena vs The Miz. We know these guys aren't maineventers, but the Cruiserweight division was created to translate great wrestlers. Save the storylines for the maineventers.

Thanks guys for reading my blog and please leave feedback.
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6MSACDcwd8

Submit "The Lightweight or Cruiserweight Belt Must Come Back" to Digg Submit "The Lightweight or Cruiserweight Belt Must Come Back" to del.icio.us Submit "The Lightweight or Cruiserweight Belt Must Come Back" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Lightweight or Cruiserweight Belt Must Come Back" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Awesome blog, 100% agree, I would love if that happend
    thanks alot lol i've been getting heat for my last couple of blogs...i hope the majority will agree with this one...I mean back in the day The Cruiserweights were the reason I watched WCW
    I would love to see the cruiser-weights comeback but my only concern is that they won't see the time of day on TV. I think if they drop the IC or US title it can work since they are barely worth anything now-a-days. I think if they ever did bring it back, they are just going to use it as the main belt on Superstars since that's where most of the cruiser-weights are anyway.

Nice blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
    I would love to see the cruiser-weights comeback but my only concern is that they won't see the time of day on TV. I think if they drop the IC or US title it can work since they are barely worth anything now-a-days. I think if they ever did bring it back, they are just going to use it as the main belt on Superstars since that's where most of the cruiser-weights are anyway.

Nice blog!
    thanks man, yea back in the 90s and early 2000s, it was so much time for good lightweight battles because they generate great wrestling and the mainevent stars generate great stories. Everything was balanced out.

Now a days, both the WWE & TNA are so focused on so many other aspects to squeeze into their product other than actual wrestling. TNA is basically a Reality Show & WWE is like Entertainment Tonight.

Both companies rather showcase celebrities insteas of great matches. I love kofi but they throw the IC or US belt on him whenever they wanna die down on the buzz of the belt because people have adapted to him having those belts over the past 3 years so when he's champ, you basically forget about the title.

The Lightweight & Cruiserweight belt has created stars like Y2J, Rey Mysterio, Eddie G and possibly alot more if they bring them back
    I agree, they always brought great matches. Give TNA a little credit for giving the X-Division a story line. Not a great one but it works.
    While i do enjoy the cruiserweight matches, I think that it would just be another title no one cares about. They should put some of these guys together and create a real tag division.
    Name one time that the Cruiserweight/LHW belt meant anything. I remember Dean Malenko holding that for like 7 months and only defending i once in a blue moon on velocity. Thoes belts have never meant anything in wwe, and they wont start now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.