View RSS Feed

Parallax

Top Wrestlers of the WWE

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Decided to start blogging here just to "get the poison out", so to speak, about my thoughts on various things in the wrestling business. Starting with the top guys in WWE.

John Cena - Always compared to Hogan. Don't get why. Hogan's promos were always fun. Cena's are boring. Even when he was a heel rapper, all his promos did was give the crowd an excuse to yell a swear word. The crowd didn't even care half the time. Hogan wasn't the greatest ring technician, but he could go in the ring when called upon. Cena can't.

Cena has always been more like Ultimate Warrior to me. Brightly colored. Bad talker. Bad ring worker. Only looks good when being carried. Except Cena is able to play politics enough to keep his spot. Warrior wasn't. IMO, Cena is Warrior, if Warrior were a stooge.

Randy Orton - His last heel run came off like a cheap Jake Roberts imitation IMO. Without the charisma. He really needs something that's all his own. He has so much potential, but seems to be content on being a stooge and holding guys back. Which is sad. I want to like him. I want to be a fan of his. But until something changes, I will change the channel 90% of the time he comes on TV.

Christian - What are they doing with him? The fans want him on top. they wanted him on top before he went to TNA. Even returning in ECW couldn't slow him down. Vince doesn't think he's a top guy. That's fine. Someone remind Vince that the fans are ALWAYS right. Make him a top guy already. More than anyone else on the roster, he's earned it.

The Miz - Never got why they pushed him so hard. Doesn't have an original voice. Bad talker. His ring work is improving. But I don't think he's ready to be a top guy. I thought he was better in a tag team. At least in a team, his flaws can be covered somewhat by his partner. As a singles guy, his flaws are spotlighted, and make him look bad. Maybe someday he can be a top guy. But I think it was way too soon. I always saw him as a transitional champ. And it seems that thought was accurate. He got buried twice in 24 hours to get Cena and Riley over. Either way, he needs some help with his mic work. The ring work is coming along decently.

CM Punk - Not technically a "top guy" at the moment, but he's the best heel they have. Think about it. He took the positive straight edge message , and turned it into something fans hate. Hogan and Cena preached the same kinds of things. Punk does it, and it's a bad thing? That's talent folks. His ring work is great. His mic work is great. And yet he's been bogged down with the Nexus gimmick , which already failed once. As much as I want him to stay, I kind of hope he does leave WWE. They aren't using him very well at all. And I don't think that will change.

HHH - Shame on him for burying the entire locker room on Raw just before WM27. For a guy who got buried about as much as anyone could be, and was able to fight through it on his way to success, you'd think he'd do everything his could to help the younger guys instead of hurt them. But NOPE. I guess he hasn't matured with age. Still the same old Hunter. Bury everyone to get himself over for ONE MATCH. I hope he's done in the ring. Don't give me the "paying your dues" crap. That was just uncalled for. Stick to talent development. Hopefully he can ween Vince off his "let's only hire bodybuilders and hot chicks" kick. Signing Sin Cara and Kharma is a good start.

The Undertaker - Supposedly retired. Works for me. 19-0 is more than enough. Doesn't need another WM win. Was clearly hurt after WM27. And if he is done, he was classy enough not to have the big ego-boosting send-off. I think to him, he's just one of the "boys", and would like to keep it that way. It's no wonder everyone respects him. I'm curious how the locker room will adjust to not having him around anymore though.

Vince McMahon - His ability to make smart decisions has deteriorated greatly. He favored his daughter so much that it drove his son out of the company. He has been ignoring the fans for the last 5 years or so. I remember reading or hearing about how frustrated his is in not be able to create new stars. What he doesn't seem to realize that he, the Genetic Jackhammer himself, is both the cause, and the solution, to that problem. He keeps getting in his own way for one reason or another. He needs to take a step back, and really look at his company. If he did that, he'd see a lot of the problems that we all see. Until then, things aren't going to get much better.

OK. That's it for now. Leave a comment.

Submit "Top Wrestlers of the WWE" to Digg Submit "Top Wrestlers of the WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "Top Wrestlers of the WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top Wrestlers of the WWE" to Google

Updated 06-02-2011 at 06:45 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    well that was a lot of negativity right there man, but you have some points right, like that orton needs to improve his character and punk should have a better spot, but personally i would like to punk stick with wwe, otherwise it would be hard to watch him wrestle.

I suggest you consider your next blog on positive stuff other than just complaining about everything
    @ helmsley - Agreed. I have a pretty cynical outlook when it comes to WWE's main event picture at the moment. It's my first blog, so I'm cutting my self a little slack on how I express that cynicism. From now on, I intend to make any posts a little more balanced. In fact, I think I'll write another one right now. Thanks for the input.
    When guys are on there way up on the roster people here on the iwc jock them, as soon as they get to the top you want to bash them. I am not disagreeing with the take on Cena. He is flakey as hell, just saying had christians title run been longer he would be getting bashed on here probably.
    Great blog man but here is my thoughts:

I think its unfair to say Cena is a bad promo cutter as hes working in a PG environment. It limits Cena to say certain stuff. Stone Cold and The Rock in the Attitude Era could say just about anything they wanted and crossed a line to the point where we liked it. Cena can't but he does a good job IMO.

I in no way see any comparison between Jake the Snake and Orton. Orton's heel work was great and he did his job of making you hate him. Also, he doesn't hold people back, creatives does.

Christian seems to be fine to be honest. Hes in the main event scene having great matches with Orton so I don't see a problem.

Miz is improving. I really disagree when you say that Miz is a bad promo cutter. He is probably one of the top WWE promo cutters currently and thats saying a lot.

Whats wrong with Punk's current state in the WWE? Just because hes not currently in the main event scene doesn't mean that WWE is giving up on him. You have to be patient and realize that WWE has more heels besides Punk. I'm 100% sure Punk will be in the main event more often, at least, thats what I hope.

HHH buried talent, no doubt but that was in 2003 and now, he along with Vince are really trying to push talents like Sin Cara. To say he hasn't matured is kinda harsh.

I agree with you about the Undertaker part.

Vince IMO needs to hire new writers as the current ones aren't getting the job done. That is pretty much the only minor problem with the WWE.
    Good blog, but isn't the Christian part a double-standard? Everyone ignored Christian's roles unless they were fans of TNA. Christian has become more acknowledged since the departure of Edge and now everyone's jumping on the band wagon. When Christian was feuding (for a short time,) with the likes of Goldberg no-one wanted to accept how good he was at his role. Now that Edge has left and has strong ties with Christian all of the Edge-heads are jumping on Christian now?

Now, notice something about your blog that was contradictory I'll quote what you said about The Undertaker, "And if he is done, he was classy enough not to have the big ego-boosting send-off." That's pretty much what Edge had and ever since people have felt sorry for Edge and decided to hop on Christians band wagon? So how can you want the push for Christian knowing the circumstances surrounding his sudden popularity but be against an ego boosting send-off, isn't that a double-standard?

The rest of the blog was amazing. x
    @Spectroheliographies (I care enough about this response to actually type your ridiculously long name): You seem to really hate Christian for some reason, and your reasons seem to be coming out in saying that everyone who was a fan of Edge is jumping into his corner...
    Really? I'll admit he never really showed me that he was talented until he changed his image in 2003, but there's a good reason for that. He was in Edge's shadow for most of their run as a tag team. Edge got the push and Christian was left behind to effectively start from scratch. TNA might even be a big part in his fan support now, but that's only because he had the balls to leave Vince's multimillion dollar company to further his career and get his solo career truly up and running. If anything, Christian has earned the respect of any fan who knows how the business works and even his run of 5 days (kayfabe) as World Champion is an achievement because he has put himself in the main event despite never really having the support of Vince McMahon. Christian has fans because he has taken the chances and earned his right to be at the top of the biggest sports entertainment company in the world, not because Edge's fan base is left with nowhere else to go.

P.s. I personally feel like Edge's heart wasn't in it for the last 6 months. PG is not something the "Rated R" superstar can really succeed in.
    I enjoyed this blog, very good for a first blog.

I agree with your opinions on Cm Punk, Taker & McMahon and Christian and Orton

Cena however was amazing during his rapper gimmick. His promo game is whack now because he can't say much for PG.

The Miz is a great talker and puts on solid matches and I feel he's carried Cena in all their matches.

And Triple H stepped up to face The Undertaker at WM27 because Triple H was the only person that the Undertaker trusted as a opponent seeing as Taker was injured. Triple H has been putting people over his whole career. He's put Batista, Orton, Benoit & Sheamus over. He's also tapped twice at WM. Not alot of big time stars ever tapped.

And yea you are spot on about Orton. Orton is a spineless dick that expects everything handed to him because he's 3rd generation. Orton has never put anyone over when you think about it other than The Miz. Never been an Orton fan because he plays way too much backstage politics.

Once again great blog and keep em coming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.