View RSS Feed

knox

Vince, Triple H, and the PG-Era

Rating: 6 votes, 1.50 average.
Hey guys, hope all is well once again. This is a very interesting blog I want to talk about. The Pg Era is something we complain about alot but I want to point out a few things I noticed.

I noticed that the PG Era does indeed draw money which is why many WWE talents are on board. But I also noticed the dissapearance of many of the main guys from the attitude era that are currently with the WWE.

Where is Vince McMahon?
During the Attitude Era you couldn't keep Vince off television. He was involved in almost every Raw with his amazing feud with Austin. I mean Vince takes his little breaks here and there but this break he's taking now from television is longer than ever. He came back for one night to personally wish the greatest star of the Attitude Era a Happy Birthday (The Rock). This proves to me that Vince hates the PG Era but loves the money it draws.

It seems as if Vince wants nothing to do with the PG Era but the fat check he can receive from merchandise sales. I mean the last major angle that Vince was involved in was the D-Generation X feud back in 2006 and 2007.

Ok he competed at Wrestlemania 26 against another Attitide Era legend Bret Hart.

It seems as if Vince only gets involved on television only if its with someone from the Attitude Era. Ever since the PG Era, he's kept himself away.

What Vince needs to realize is that he himself is one of the biggest draws in WWE History. Love him or hate him, he brings ratings when he appears on television. He needs to get back on television for a major angle ASAP.

Where is Triple H?
Ok, let me make a correction: Triple H is the greatest star of the Attitude Era hands down.

Even Triple H has slowly vanished from the scene. Now I might be wrong but it appears that he has retired from in-ring competition because last time I checked he has healed from his injuries for the most part.

Now Triple H ofcourse is backstage calling the shots but I bet he hates the PG Era as well. I believe he is another guy thats on board only because of the money it draws. I mean I never thought HHH would ever retire and he actually disapeared.

Triple H & Shawn Michaels ran the Attitude Era which their over the top DX antics. Eventually during this PG thing, HBK finally called it quits. How do you even fit Triple H in with this huge change of direction with the company.

Since the PG Era these legends have retired or took a hiatus: Edge, Batista, Triple H, Vince, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Chris Jericho and many more.

Lets Talk About Edge & Y2J?
Guys, Edge and Y2J will always be my two favorites of all time but these are two stars that literally look like they havent enjoyed their job for the past 3 years.

I sometimes question the seriousness of Edge's injury that caused him to retire. I believe he was just fed up with the direction of the company. I believe the company knew of his retiring a year in advance and gave him one last title run. Edge was sick of the WWE and the cheesy face promos he was forced to cut. One thing I can say is that it looked like Edge had more fun during his E&C days when the Attitude Era was the hottest thing ever. Edge had the most fun of his life ECW One Night Stand 2006. He got to spear a lady and it was the most Rated R Moment including his Live Sex Show with Lita on Raw.

Those were the times that Edge enjoyed his career. Even with the World Title in 2010, you could see the miserableness on his face. He was ready to get the hell out of there. How can the Rated R Superstar survive in a Pg Era?

Jericho seems to leave whenever the hell he wants. He's another miserable guy whom hasn't enjoyed his career lately either. Jericho was a very edgy heel and face back in the Attitude Era, he crossed many lines with his promos but the dude had fun doing it.

He joined Dancing With The Stars and toured with Fozzy to get the hell away for a while. The WWE isn't doing much for their real stars.

Here is My Solution?
Spicen Up This PG Era and BRING BACK THE CORPORATION.
Announce Vince McMahon & Triple H as the annonymous Raw GM. Turn them heel. Sporadically bring back the Rock as a member seeing as he was an original member of the Corporation back in 99. If they can't turn Cena heel, then turn the Rock hee.l

They have to shake things up. Also bring Stone Cold and the Tough Enough Winner in the Corporation as heels also. This drives ratings through the roof because we all seen what happened to the ratings when the Rock returned. They went through the roof. This also gives the Tough Enough winner a chance to start off with a great push.

Ride this Corporation thing to the max because this really will excite the 18 and over crew that grew up on the Attitude Era. The Corporation: Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, The Rock (Periodically) & Stone Cold (Periodically). This will freakin deliever.

Basically I wrote this blog because I wanted to point out how Vince & HHH are controlling this PG Era but obviously can't stand it which is why we don't see them on television anymore. The WWE needs to spice their product up and bring back the Corporation.

Thanks guys for reading and please check out my youtube link to my song and help me get views. Thanks & Be Safe Guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6MSACDcwd8

Submit "Vince, Triple H, and the PG-Era" to Digg Submit "Vince, Triple H, and the PG-Era" to del.icio.us Submit "Vince, Triple H, and the PG-Era" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vince, Triple H, and the PG-Era" to Google

Updated 05-30-2011 at 11:30 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    nice blog, and i agree with you, i dont think that wwe is satisfying the wrestlers,wwe needs to stop putting limitations on them
    i do blame pg era but not fully, wwe just hasn't had much excitement since 2005
    An ok blog but i totally disagree with HHH being the biggest star of the attitude era. He was a great heel but surely Stone Cold & The Rock were the biggest stars in that era
    The start of the attitude era is commonly considered Wrestlemania 14 (although id say the first hell in a cell match is when it really got going good) which was HBK's last match untill 2002, so he really wasnt around for the great attitude years. And the current holyer shawn michaels would probably look back on the not so holy early dx him not so well.The undertakers not around as much as Im sure he wants to be he gets hurt almost as much as ric flair bleeds, and i believe he worked Wrestlemania 27 hurt. Plus if they try to bring back the corporation now you could just hear the "you already did that" people lining up. The wwe right now is like it was in the late 80's minus some more star power at one point this group of fans will grow older and you'll probably see attitude era 2.0.
    Good point big bang except without competition you will never see an attitude era again. It was a spur of the moment thing and due to the amount of money WWE makes now through sponsors, i'm sure they wouldnt want to lose them by going back to risky storylines.
    First off, where is the proof that Vince hates the PG era? The PG era draws him money...Vince loves money...Vince loves the PG era according to simple math. If Vince wanted the end of the PG era, he would find a way to kill it.
    The PG era itself is not the problem. Wrestling in the 80s - mid 90s was also PG, however it was still decent. Hell, some will argue the golden era (84-92) was the greatest era ever...better then the attitude era. The problem lies in the fact that the writing is at an all time low. There is no substance to the feuds and the wrestlers are not very charismatic compared to wrestlers from yesteryears.

P.S. Bret Hart may have been around the attitude era along with Shawn Micheals, but they were a part of the New Generation rather then the Attitude era. Shawn was done in 1997 a year after the era began. Bret Hart, tbh, had little 2 do with the Attitude era itself other then 1 year or so worth of feuds with Austin, Micheals, America. Attitude era was more about Rock, Austin, DX (hunters version)
    First off, where is the proof that Vince hates the PG era? The PG era draws him money...Vince loves money...Vince loves the PG era according to simple math. If Vince wanted the end of the PG era, he would find a way to kill it.
    The PG era itself is not the problem. Wrestling in the 80s - mid 90s was also PG, however it was still decent. Hell, some will argue the golden era (84-92) was the greatest era ever...better then the attitude era. The problem lies in the fact that the writing is at an all time low. There is no substance to the feuds and the wrestlers are not very charismatic compared to wrestlers from yesteryears.

P.S. Bret Hart may have been around the attitude era along with Shawn Micheals, but they were a part of the New Generation rather then the Attitude era. Shawn was done in 1997 a year after the era began. Bret Hart, tbh, had little 2 do with the Attitude era itself other then 1 year or so worth of feuds with Austin, Micheals, America. Attitude era was more about Rock, Austin, DX (hunters version)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.