View RSS Feed

LKHonor

The Era of Honor is Now!

Rate this Entry
Desperately I breathe what is often called infatuation. I refer to it as passion. Passion stems from ones overwhelming fondness of someone and/or something. Talent stems from ones overwhelming passion and ability to succeed. If visions and dreams never existed, passion would have no roots.

In 2002 the concept of Ring of Honor Wrestling was developed. Some may choose to say the company was born in 2002 but through intense evaluation a question unfolds: Has Ring of Honor Wrestling truly been born? Are they anticipating and expecting new-found nativity?

A fan of 15 years or more understands the business side of the industry, the basics at least, but who am I to put a time-frame on a fan’s intelligence. Business models and infrastructure grow as company’s live on. All-time highs and lows are marked. Furthermore, profits and losses, tragedy takes place and unforeseen circumstances arise.

All of the above is relevant here. Has Ring of Honor Wrestling officially been given an appropriate chance at life? I suggest Ring of Honor awaits discharge from their third trimester but other than backaches, headaches and heartburn, most recently justified by El Generico, Davey Richards and Roderick Strong, common symptoms are unfitting. However, it is fitting that the best is yet to come.

Ring of Honor is alive and well, but so are healthy embryos eagerly awaiting life’s complexity. Was Ring of Honor born in Philadelphia on Feb. 23, 2002 or was it only conceived? Anyone who has enlisted themselves side by side with this company understands how much lies ahead.

From a bias-modern-internet-mark-perspective, every month gets more exciting, every week leading up to a live event feels longer and every DVD pre-order cannot ship quick enough. My anxiousness is a testament to success.

Every mother expects their child to be delivered, disregarding tragic-misfortune, but I can assure you Ring of Honor’s fate has been determined. Fate has never-ending potential but expectations are famous for stunting growth. It is unsettling not knowing what to expect but internal expectations are set aside here. Expectations are not in control because passion, dedication and appreciation for life take control here.

Expectations relate to performance. The bar is set high. Before you judge, watch the jump. Endless potential includes endless possibility. How do you bet against what is proven to be healthy in a time where others struggle internally with identity?

If you want me to say it, I will, quote me.

“I am an ROH mark.”

I desire match-creativity and the Ring of Honor roster provides that better than anyone else. These athletes are the best in the world and my experience with watching and analyzing professional wrestling suggests this company gives me what I crave in this industry. I crave the in-ring ability and lean towards what is most likely to make me awestruck. I fell in love with professional wrestling as soon as I saw Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman on Monday Night Nitro. I mark out every time I see a west coast pop or shooting star press. Not that I need to find compensation but if I did, I found it.

With their fate, predictable, their salvation, complete, and a clear purpose, has the era of honor truly begun? Persistently revolutionizing and re-establishing this business through 2011, Ring of Honor will dissipate my hunger for true wrestling. To satisfy your appetite, consume the product. I know they will continuously provide examples through 2011, as suggested in a recent news wire, of what it means to revolt against the infrastructure of mainstream products and showcase true, great professional wrestling.

“I want to invite anyone who has never been to one of our NYC events to come join us on June 26, at 4 p.m. We return to the Hammerstein Ballroom with what will be our biggest event in our history,” said Cary Silkin in a blog on March 21.

If I am going to call myself a Ring of Honor mark, I should travel to New York City to be a part of the spectacle. Therefore, I will be making the trip and from there I can assure you the era of honor has begun. The era of honor is demonstrated at every live event. Ring of Honor is an era in itself because of its unique distinction. The best way to capture its distinction, attend a live event. I speak from experience.

Ponder how they have developed and how they are evolving; watch and analyze with your own eyes and decide what you wish from Ring of Honor in 2011 and onward. Ring of Honor is on a path to bigger, brighter and better things. How more generic can I be?

These roots stem from a vision pumped alive by a dream. The dream is complete but the vision is never-ending. Ring of Honor has been created, their foundation has been planted and its concept is well underway. However, its true birth has yet to be seen.

Long-live ROH... ROH… ROH… ROH!

Submit "The Era of Honor is Now!" to Digg Submit "The Era of Honor is Now!" to del.icio.us Submit "The Era of Honor is Now!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Era of Honor is Now!" to Google

Updated 05-28-2011 at 06:17 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

i'm so pissed off, i'm going to NYC the week after that event......

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    ive seen roh, i dont get the hype
    Did the fucking Ultimate Warrior type this blog?!
    RoH is a jobber filled company lol
    Die RoH die :P

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.