View RSS Feed

WilloTron 5000

Smack"Let"Down, Top Heel, and P.S Your a Racist

Rate this Entry
I think that this week WWE has seen one of it's weakest weeks of TV in a while in my opinion. And from what i've heard, TNA had a strong week with a decent rating.

Of course just like any blog it is a mixture of fact and opinion. Therefore just like that mix i think there will be a mixed response to this blog. I believe this because in my humbled opinion Smackdown has been a hell of a lot weaker since the draft. Pre-draft i think Smackdown showcased good quality matches every week however i think we've seen the opposite in the last few weeks. Particularly this weeks edition of Smackdown where we only saw 4 matches. It was a weak show, whereas pre-draft i'd have looked forward to seeing the likes of ADR, Drew Mcintyre, Kofi Kingston et al. Sin Cara vs Daniel Bryan had great potential but didn't deliver. If them two got it right i'd love to see a series of matches between them two. Although Chavo vs Sin Cara is promising. I just hope that the Smackdown roster is in a period of settling down and that things are going to improve in the coming weeks. The absence of Edge is certainly noticeable and the fact that 'from the vault' has been filled with matches featuring the Undertaker for the past god knows how many weeks shows that his absence is felt on the roster too. Another bit of positive news was the foundations being set for The Great Khali and Jinder Mahal to form an alliance. This could make Khali prominent again and give rise to Mahal on the Smackdown roster. In addition, the recent re-signing of Daivari could be another great addition to that team. Promising!

After this week's Raw as well as Smackdown i came to the conclusion that Michael Cole is the WWE's top heel. CM Punk is arguable however he isn't on TV consistently week after week with the opportunity to get the crowd on his back - unlike Cole. I like Michael Cole and his character is brilliant; some of his quotes and one liners are fantastic. In terms of his heelish persona, when he gets a mic and starts talking usually negatively about; Jerry Lawler or the city that their in the crowd go out of their way to boo him and jeer him. And it's not just a certain area of the crowd, there is a resounding wave of heat on Sir Michael which as of late has been unmatched. He's certainly WWE's top heel at the moment. CM Punk needs to take note, and work to get that crown back.

I was very suprised and slightly puzzled to watch Superstars and find Tyson Kidd being accompanied to the ring by Michael PS Hayes. Now the former Freebird has a past, and not one that is warranted or tollerated in the WWE or anywhere for that matter. Back in 2008 he was suspended for 60 days by WWE for making racist remarks to Mark Henry. And now the WSM is on Smackdown. That could get interesting backstage. However i feel Hayes is a strange choice to manage Kidd. There's no doubt that Hayes can give Kidd much needed advice however, it just doesn't look right on TV. They look like the odd couple. Perhaps a diva as a valet could be Kidd's bets option. I wonder if Hayes, as Smackdown head creative writer has any plans for him and Kidd to build a racist faction? Perhaps the ressurection of Kerwin White? Back to my smackdown rant above, Tyson Kidd vs Trent Barreta would have fit perfectly on Smackdown TV this week, perhaps bettered the show!

Just a quick pointer about the draft 3 or 4 weeks ago. Why is it when a superstar get's drafted to the opposite show, the superstars on that show look really pleased. It really puzzles me. If i was Rey Mysterio when he was on Smackdown, i wouldn't be celebrating if John Cena was coming over. Or somebody like Drew Mcintyre, when Randy Orton got drafted. I'd be worried about my own path to the top. It happens at every draft every year and puzzles me.

Anyway after what has been a piss poor WWEek, i'm hoping for a stronger one next week

Submit "Smack"Let"Down, Top Heel, and P.S Your a Racist" to Digg Submit "Smack"Let"Down, Top Heel, and P.S Your a Racist" to del.icio.us Submit "Smack"Let"Down, Top Heel, and P.S Your a Racist" to StumbleUpon Submit "Smack"Let"Down, Top Heel, and P.S Your a Racist" to Google

Updated 05-14-2011 at 05:23 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Of course the fact that regular TV fans dont have a clue who barreta or kidd are makes a difference whether they should be on smackdown together or not. Now if it was Tyson Kidd against someone like Daniel Bryan or Barretta vs Sheamus, That makes sense because they would be against someone that TV fans regualary see. What your suggesting is that you put a match on because its a good wrestling match when it makes no sense to any story line with any relevance to anyone watching. It was a good match but doesnt have any storyline what so ever hence why it was on superstars. According to your theory you might as well just randomly put roderick strong vs colt cabana on smackdown because its a good wrestling match. Do anyone know who these people are barring proper wrestling fans who know who ROH is? NO ONE. Im not doubting that smackdown could do with some proper wrestling but before you make a suggestion use your brain and make sensible suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by ut11smithcor
    Smackdown has been more entertaining than RAW lately and for years for that matter, TNA is still crap(:

LOL seriously what world are you living in? your ether talkin about 1999-2001 smackdown or the brock lesnar/kurt agle era of smackdown
    how to you expect Punk to get the crowd back if he is NEVER out there?
    you expect him to do all of this while in the corner of Fake Batista?
    don't blame him. its Vince that's to blame.
    really? a commentator the top heel on Raw!? over a talent such as Punk?
    get real.
    what has this company become.
    @cmason - calm down ranting Kevin Keegan
    @StevenT8481 - well you've kind of said what i have about CM Punk, he's not regularly in the spotlight having a good enough amount of mic time. So we don't get the full extent of what a great heel he is. Probably the best heel in the WWE when regularly on TV and not accompanying Mason Ryan. I still believe that Punk trails Jericho in the heel ranks when of course Y2J is in the WWE. Although i stick by my point that the amount of heat from the crowd that Michael Cole generates is unmatched at the moment, without a doubt!
    The cheering is because kayfabe all wrestlers want to be on the "strongest" brand, nicking a high-profile star from the "other side" is thus a plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by DXFan619
    In what world are you living in? (In regards to the SD/RAW comment)
    Well lets see the real one? SD has been putting on better matches than RAW for idk how long, RAW is just the top show because its live, won the monday night wars and was the first brand so its their main brand but did u notice how the really good superstars are built on smackdown with real talent then sent to RAW so they can be milked for money, just a few off the top of my head, Cena, Batista, Orton, Angle got good on SD. Lesnar. Eddie Guerrero, Bobby Lashley. Miz. Morrison. Del Rio. Rey Mysterio.
    You know just some really big guys in WWE not that i agree all of them should be big but yeah. SD is definitely better, They have Sin Cara VS Guerrero right now and thats worth watching, they have Orton VS Christian also worth watching and finally for once Khali is in an interesting angle. RAW has... Cena... wooo!!!
    *waves imaginary flyer sarcastically*
    lol.
    Updated 05-16-2011 at 12:43 AM by ut11smithcor
    if you think RAW is better than Smackdown then you are far beyond delusional, RAW takes every good talent Smackdown gets and still Smackdown retaliates with real story lines that are easy to follow, entertaining, & dont have the same Super Cena winning each time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.