View RSS Feed

Jaitsu

What Makes Great Entrance Muisc

Rate this Entry
Lets face it people, in the mainstream area of wrestling, a wrestlers theme music is just as important as the character itself, if not more.

Tt harolds their coming, it signals defeat for their opponent in the eyes of that wrestlers fans, and it for the most part, helps add to the gimmick.

There are some theme songs people just consider bad, and often, for good reason, so i decided, why don't we see just what it is that makes theme music great. so without further adue (sp?) lets get this show, on the road.

What makes good theme music:

1: the opening, this is most likely the most important part, the first 3 seconds should be able to catch the audience, they need to be able to recognize right away who's coming out. the most powerful example of this would probably be the miz's theme, or any theme that starts with a powerful shout or word.

2: the beat has to not only be catchy, but should be good enough to, at times, time taunts with the music, this is most often seen with triple H, in which he times when he goes up to spit out his water with that powerful bit of his theme, almost every single time.

3: if its not an instrumental, the singer has to have the kind of voice that isn't to generic, nowadays we see a lot of bands with singers that sound exactly, the bloody, same. when rev theory first started for instance, they sounded, for the most part, unique, now almost every band sounds the same. think back, what made bands like motorhead, saliva, metallica, all unique and interesting?

What makes a bad theme song:

1: generic, as in, you swear you've heard the same bloody chorus beat in 30 other songs, this reeeaaally kills the theme.

2: song doesn't fit the wrestler, we've all seen it before, its a great song but it just does not work with the wrestler who's using it. to name a few, Jeff Jarretts old theme from WWE should have been used by a really goofy idiot, and while sometimes Jarrett fits that perfectly, it just didn't fit him.

3: overworking your music developer by always having him write all the songs. this should be obvious what i'm talking about, Dale Oliver and Jim Johnson, eventually, all the songs just seem to start bleeding together for each new one.

Thanks for reading!

Submit "What Makes Great Entrance Muisc" to Digg Submit "What Makes Great Entrance Muisc" to del.icio.us Submit "What Makes Great Entrance Muisc" to StumbleUpon Submit "What Makes Great Entrance Muisc" to Google

Updated 05-09-2011 at 11:47 AM by Frank

Tags: music, theme
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GREAT SONGS

Stone Cold - Starts with the infamous Glass Shatter, catchy beat.
    The Rock - If Ya Smell, un deniable who that is coming to the ring, electrifying, & good beat.
    Christian - Has a pretty good inspirational feel to his song
    Undertaker - The bong hits and u know who it is, now with his newest theme it has a more lively feel to it.
    Miz - STATED ABOVE
    Orton - screams I hear voices, right away and u know who it is, also the lighting and his lyrics are ok, makes sense with his crazed gimmick

ONE person to me doesnt fit this quality but has always had a great entrance, Jericho.
    the countdown. lol.
    My favourite theme song of all time is The Ultimate Warrior's, and that was probably the most simplest to make aswell. Got you really hyped up as soon as it hit
    jericho`s one is awesome, i like both, the one with the countdown and the one that stars right away with the pyro, both great.

i also liked a lot kane slow chemical entrance was good for him
    Edge had the best, hands down. I've heard that song 100+ times ( full version ) and I still keep on listening and that " You think you know me " at the start is brilliant too.
    I used to love the ministry theme. A theme has to have as much character as the person using it. You couldn't imagine the undertaker coming out to a song that doesn't have a death sound (funeral march is just fitting) when he's the deadman.

Most of the Divas music is just cheesy - I mean look at the bella twins; Yuck. I just hate the generic themes (most of TNA as it happens). I mean there's some good ones; Miz's first was an okay theme.

The intro is definitely important though. Most big names will have a distinct starting intro;
    That note followed "It's time to play the game!"; If you smell; *Shattering Glass*; Undertaker Gong; Jericho's Countdown; The Miz's Awesome; Kane's old intro with the eeiry organ music; Randy orton had that distinct sound at the begining (can't describe but it's like a whammy note from GH games) and now voices; Cena has one; Edge's guitar etc etc.

I mean shawn michaels theme is actually horrible! but it works because it fits him. It's got some kind of arrogance in it.
    Jim Johnson should enter in the Hall Of Fame. The guy is a fucking GENIUS!
    Best songs

Christian's songs in WWE and TNA.
    HHH-The Game
    John Cena-Basic Thuganomics
    Sting-WCW theme
    Hulk Hogan-Real American
    Sheamus-Written in my Face
    Drew Mcintyre-Broken Dreams
    Miz-I came to Play

Worst songs

Every single TNA one minus Slay Me, Jeff Hardy's two themes and Christian's Take Over.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.