View RSS Feed

WilloTron 5000

And I Quote - Extreme-ish Rules and Rock Solid

Rate this Entry
I'd like to start this week's blog by addressing something that i 'blogged' last week. I stated that Booker T's accent sounded like he was from Holland, i genuinely believed that he sounded Dutch. However after being told off by a Dutchman as well as being told that it's a 'South Houston' accent. So i suppose i retract that statement, even though i think he still sounds a wee bit Dutch.

I tuned into the Extreme Rules PPV with a certain degree of cynicism. I was cyncial about the WWE title steel cage match for a few reasons. I thought that John Morrison didn't really fit into the Miz + John Cena equation and so that factor didn't make sense. And i generally didn't think that a triple threat steel cage would work. But in my opinion it did work and was of a greater caliber than i cynically expected. I wasn't happy with the outcome of John Cena winning a tenth WWE title, i believe Miz has been let-down with the run that was given to him. Maybe i'm sounding bitter now rather than cynical.

To me John Morrison should have been in a match with R-Truth at Extreme Rules. One argument is that this feud needs a bit more time to develop however it didn't take that long for Sheamus and Kofi Kingston to strike up a feud for a US title tables match at Extreme Rules. Ah well.

Christian vs ADR in the ladder match was better than i anticipated too. A decent quality of match and a fantastic and much deserved finish in favour of Christian. Great to see Edge have some involvement to help his great friend win the title too.

My thoughts pre-Extreme Rules were that Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio & Randy Orton vs CM Punk would be the best two matches of the PPV. I even went as far to say 'show stealers' as i thought the quality of the feuds and the type of stipulations were condusive to these two fights being the cream of the Extreme crop. I have to say that they didn't live up to the level that i had built them up to be. Rey Mysterio's winning finish with a shout out or 'spit-out' to Tajiri and my issue with the Punk vs Orton match was that they may have well made it a Singapore cane match. Could've been better!

Now to Monday Night Raw (2/5/2011). I titled this part of the blog 'Rock Solid' for a couple of reasons. The Rock stole the show even though it was his show anyway being his birthday celebration. But that coupled with the amazing spirit inside the arena in Miami just made the show. The great sense of pride and patriotism from the fans inside the arena summed up a national celebration which as an Englishmen even gave me goosebumps. This was felt worldwide in my opinion and Monday Night Raw showed that no other show in the world could have encapsulated spirit like the fantastic spirit in Miami which was felt across the world. Generally a Rock solid Raw.

Things to watch out for in the coming weeks:-
- Mason Ryan - push???
- R-Truth vs JoMo - has potential to be a great feud
- Commentary situation - When is going to stop rotating?

Submit "And I Quote - Extreme-ish Rules and Rock Solid" to Digg Submit "And I Quote - Extreme-ish Rules and Rock Solid" to del.icio.us Submit "And I Quote - Extreme-ish Rules and Rock Solid" to StumbleUpon Submit "And I Quote - Extreme-ish Rules and Rock Solid" to Google

Updated 05-03-2011 at 11:30 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Extreme Rules was fantastic. Hands down one of the best PPVs I have ever seen. Every single match was superb and the perfect amount of EXTREME.
    In almost all the matches there was near falls and kicking out of finishers.

-- Wrestling Rant
    @Wrestling Rant, I completely agree I thought it was brilliant, one of the best WWE PPV's in a while. The quality of the matches were good and they were all a decent length apart from the tag team title one but that was there just to waste a bit of time. Christian winning made the PPV for me, he fully deserved the win and I hope he has a long run.
    Cody/Rey match was a fun brawl,and the video package for Cody is AWESOME(whoever edit that video deserve credit)
    @jethro I thought the same thing. The video package for Cody was spectacular and the match itself was the best on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Rant
    Extreme Rules was fantastic. Hands down one of the best PPVs I have ever seen. Every single match was superb and the perfect amount of EXTREME.
    In almost all the matches there was near falls and kicking out of finishers.

-- Wrestling Rant
    HAHAHAHA
    Man it's hard to show sarcasm over the internet but you did it perfectly.
    HAHAHAHA
    The near falls thing... I know what your doing... Your making fun of the 12 year olds right?
    Bravo
    @jethro But when WWE fans are paying good money for a WWE ppv we should expect more than a 'fun brawl'. Yes the video package was good and Cody's character is going places. The match was alright but i expected better.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.