View RSS Feed

Slickman69

Ideas to improve the WWE

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone . This is my first entry and I wanted to devote it to ideas that I think will actually improve the WWE. As we all know unfortunately the WWE hasn't been producing the most splendid shows as of late, but I think that with a few key, realistic changes the WWE can begin to regain the trust of fans.

Reduce the number of Championships-

This is something that must be done in order for the titles to regain the prestige that they once had. Remember how important the IC title was back in the day ? How it was actually considered the work horse title, and that if you were the champ than you were on your way up ? Look at it now. The only two titles that seem to mean anything today are the two world titles. I believe that there should only be FOUR titles in all. WWE title, IC title, Tag title, and a Cruiserweight or U.S title. This way all the titles are more prestigious because there is less of them. And naturally the storylines should go hand in hand with the titles since the wrestlers need a "motivation" in order to wrestle, that is why the championships exist in wrestling in the first place, they are the centerpiece, the thing that all wrestlers want and fight over. If you have too many titles they simple lose value because you don't have the best competition wrestling over the belt. Now obviously in order to have four titles you would need to combine the two shows which brings me to my next point.

Combine SD and RAW

Rated_R(ob)KO made a good point in his blog about how the brand split only happened because they had too much talent after acquiring both WCW and ECW. There are only so many hours of TV that WWE gets and you must utilize everyone, so it was a smart move to split the brand, since both shows still had enough talent to make both shows credible and to keep the titles prestigious. Now however there is simply not enough good talent to go around. WWE is limiting itself. When two guys are on different shows we can't see them in and angle that leads to a match which is a missed opportunity. Having no brand split would make ratings and PPV buyrates better since we see the best competition going at it, instead of having one guy who is great and the other who seems as though he doesn't really belong on the same stage. Now thankfully they seem to be combining the shows more now which is great, but they must also decrease the title count as stated above.

Don't have women as wrestlers

Now don't get the wrong idea. I love women as much as the next guy, however at the same time I am not 12 years old and do not get a big boner when women are wrestling. Not wanting for this to sound like a knock on women, but women's wrestling is simply not as good as men's. When I watch wrestling it is for the good matches and storylines. I don't look forward to women in the ring because they are simple not as interesting to watch. This is the same reason why I wouldn't watch the WNBA even if the female players were attractive still, it's just an inferior product compared to the NBA. I don't appose to women as managers etc, I actually feel like that is a great role for them. But the time that their matches take on TV could have been spend on male talent who actually draw people to the big events. Regardless, you would not have to fire all the women in the company since they can contribute in other areas on TV, but please don't make them wrestle, it's just not very good.

Give RAW and SD different appearances

Now this is sort of a little thing but I think that it does definitely matter. Granted it would not change things as much as the other ideas but it is still important to have a different look to each show. You want both shows to have a separate personality and atmosphere. The SmackDown fist used to be it's trademark, while the big Titantron instantly meant Raw. WWE certainly began to use the same stage because of the new HD screen, all they have to do is change the color of the structure from red to blue. But i'm sure there is a way to keep the screen but just have a different design for the structure itself. And besides, I don't remember fans complaining about the old SD stage not having a big enough screen. At any cost, this isn't an absolute MUST, but does certainly add a nice touch which doesn't get in the way of anything else.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this blog. Of course we all want it to go back to the Attitude days but first we must make some realist changes, and I think the ideas that I gave can be quite easily executed.

Hope you guys enjoyed

Submit "Ideas to improve the WWE" to Digg Submit "Ideas to improve the WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "Ideas to improve the WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ideas to improve the WWE" to Google

Updated 09-01-2011 at 06:13 PM by Slickman69

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good blog! Interesting ideas. For me, I prefer the brand split, but I think WWE as a media company needs to further separate RAW from Smackdown from writers to talent. Combining the two brands is like selling the same beer in two different bottles. If WWE really wants to up the Smackdown ratings, one, move it to a stronger cable network, and, two, give it it's own Executive VP from a decision point of view (not a storyline). Competition is what made the Monday Night Wars great.
    Good blog, some interesting ideas! The only point I disagree with, is merging of the brands! Yes, they do have less talent now than just after they acquired WCW, however, I constantly see people complaining about the mid carders not getting enough exposure or certain wrestlers getting none (Drew and Zack being 2 prime examples) but what do you think will occur if the brands merge? You'll have the situation where the main eventers will be on both shows, so think about it at the moment Cena may be on Raw for say 25 mins with promos and a match, with the same for Orton on Smackdown! So the brands merge, that's 25 mins for Cena and 25 mins for Orton on both Raw and Smackdown, that's 50 mins. Then you move just below the title contenders to the other main players, CM Punk, HHH, Mark Henry and Christian, they'll be having time on both shows too!! Where do you think all this extra time, will be taken from?! If this happens, guys like Drew and Zack have s higher chance of being, 'future endeavoured!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazztastic
    Good blog! Interesting ideas. For me, I prefer the brand split, but I think WWE as a media company needs to further separate RAW from Smackdown from writers to talent. Combining the two brands is like selling the same beer in two different bottles. If WWE really wants to up the Smackdown ratings, one, move it to a stronger cable network, and, two, give it it's own Executive VP from a decision point of view (not a storyline). Competition is what made the Monday Night Wars great.
    Right that is the only way I see the brand split being a good thing. If they have someone else is charge of the show and actually try to compete with RAW i'm all for the brand split. However at this point they aren't competing, RAW is doing well while SD almost seems like an after thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979
    Good blog, some interesting ideas! The only point I disagree with, is merging of the brands! Yes, they do have less talent now than just after they acquired WCW, however, I constantly see people complaining about the mid carders not getting enough exposure or certain wrestlers getting none (Drew and Zack being 2 prime examples) but what do you think will occur if the brands merge? You'll have the situation where the main eventers will be on both shows, so think about it at the moment Cena may be on Raw for say 25 mins with promos and a match, with the same for Orton on Smackdown! So the brands merge, that's 25 mins for Cena and 25 mins for Orton on both Raw and Smackdown, that's 50 mins. Then you move just below the title contenders to the other main players, CM Punk, HHH, Mark Henry and Christian, they'll be having time on both shows too!! Where do you think all this extra time, will be taken from?! If this happens, guys like Drew and Zack have s higher chance of being, 'future endeavoured!'
    I definitely see what you're saying but it just seems to me as though the WWE has too much excess talent anyway. If you combine the shows, of course you will be forced to let go of some talent which will free up more time for people who actually have a future, like the ones you mentioned. But remember, back in the day when they didn't have the split they had so many main eventers and still found time for new talent to get over, so I think it can work today.
    I think the biggest problem, in all honesty, is the so called WWE 'creative' they just don't know what to do with the mid carders and bring up new talent the right way!!
    good read but i disagree with the complete removal of womens wrestling. They will lose female fans for that and you know people would be on them for that. They just need to get better female wrestlers or train them better.
    The only thing I don't agree with in this article is not letting women wrestle.
    The women's division has been around for so many years, that if you take it away then you are taking away a part of WWE history, WWE could face legal trouble for making them just eye candy managers, and the reason you feel it's unnecessary is because the talent today is not as athletic as they used to be in the attitude era. When I watch wrestling, I have no problem seeing the divas duke it out in the ring. All that is needed in the division right now is more training and athleticism from them. If we saw more decently executed matches from them, Im sure you would rethink that.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.