View RSS Feed

VKM

What would TNA be like without the Hogan regime? pt 2

Rate this Entry
Now many of you agreed and many of you disagreed. My last blog seemed very interesting to EWN users. To make myself clearer from the last blog i will actually go into more detail.

Vince Russo:

One person from the last blog blamed Russo for this horrible Hogan regime. That is slightly true but Vince was has been writing for TNA since 2002 which is way before the Hogan regime. Russo has made a lot of terrible story lines in TNA but once Hogan came in, it became worse. Let's look at some of the story lines and ideas now and compare from the story lines and ideas then:

Before:

Main Event Mafia: Success!!!
AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels: Success!!!
(This has got to be one of the greatest story lines following up to a great match ever!)
AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe when Joe had the X Division championship: Success
(Around this time, TNA was heavily centered on the X Division)
Jeff Jarrett's last Heel title run: Success!!!
TNA Reverse Battle Royal on TNA Impact 2006: Epic Failure!!!
Christian and his group: Success
Kurt Angle's debut and title run: Success

After:

AJ Styles becoming a heel and becoming Ric Flair's mentor: Epic Failure!!!
Fortune vs. ECW: Epic failure!!!
(And trust me seeing old ECW guys run around TNA is not fun!)
Hulk Hogan and Abyss vs. AJ Styles and Ric Flair: Ultimate Epic Failure!!!
(Why the hell is Hogan and Flair wrestling!!! Abyss's gimmick is totally screwed. Even after Abyss kayfabedly attacked RVD with Janice, I still cannot take him seriously!)
Top Ten Contenders: Success!!!
(It was something new and unique! I like it!)
Sting heel turn: Epic Failure
(His heel turn was unexplainable. I guess it was something to get him on screen)

6 sided ring
The reason why I included the six sided ring because that was another good difference between WWE and TNA. And actually it does help better in ring work, especially from the X Division wrestlers. But now, TNA just looks like it could be a 3rd WWE brand.

Hulk Hogan
Hogan's most memorable moments is with WWE and his less few memorable moments are with WCW. There are no moments with TNA because Hogan is dead to the business. He has no further ideas or impact to give on the company. Now when you think of Hogan's most memorable time what's the first thing that comes to your mind? With WWE, WCW or TNA. You'll be the judge of that. If TNA wants to be different then do different things, have a different storyline and have a different roster from that's completely different than the WWE's roster!

RVD and Jeff Hardy
One comment said that Jeff Hardy and RVD equal star power, well if that's the case then why aren't the ratings higher. I don't understand. No matter what WWE superstar they take except for Austin, Rock, and John Cena, their ratings will always stay at the 1.0. I say this because once upon ago people watched TNA because it was something that was totally different and unique.

For an example, let's look at the two sodas, Pepsi and Coca-Cola. They have been battling for ages. Once Pepsi came out many people targeted their thirst towards Sprite because it was unique and different. Now people actually had a choice. Another example could be McDonalds. McDonalds was a monopoly for many years. But until BK came out people actually could now choose where to go when they wanted fast food. People get tired of the same thing ladies and gents. That's why some of these companies were created so people could have a variety. At one time i though TNA was going to break the barrier like Pepsi did Coca-Cola.

Submit "What would TNA be like without the Hogan regime? pt 2" to Digg Submit "What would TNA be like without the Hogan regime? pt 2" to del.icio.us Submit "What would TNA be like without the Hogan regime? pt 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "What would TNA be like without the Hogan regime? pt 2" to Google

Tags: tna
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

in the words of the iron sheik..."FUCKING BULLSHIT" Kurt Angle is TNA's biggest epic failure. The talking time Kurt Angle got with his horrible / drawn out/ put you to sleep faster than sweet chin music was EPIC GARBGAGE, you couldn't be any more wrong on that one.

When Kurt Angle went to tna....he lost the ability to be funny, Seen one Kurt angle TNA promo....seen em all, kinda like hogan nwo promos

I want tna to fail
    thesurety ure fukin stupid, did u see the match last nyt angle vs hardy??

wow man 4 mi angle is still the best in the business!
    I think TNA really started going downhill after they signed Kurt Angle to the organization. I'm not saying because he's terrible, he's the best wrestler currently. I'm just saying when they signed him, it began a trend of signing proven main eventers instead of underused talent.

World Title Champions before Angle...
    Jeff Jarrett 7, AJ Styles 3, Ron Killings 2, Christian 2, Ken Shamrock, Raven, Rhino, Sting, Abyss

Abyss and AJ, home grown talent, won it 4 times in total while underused talent (Killings, Christian, and to a lesser extent Shamrock) won it 5 times. Only 10 of those reigns were by former world champions and Jarrett had 7 of them (being the owner at the time).

World Title Champions after Angle...
    Angle 3(4), Sting 2, Samoa Joe, Mick Foley, AJ Styles, RVD

Only Styles and Joe are home grown and only had one reign each while 7 is held by a former champion. And by the looks of the next champion, there is a 2/3 chance of another former world champion holding it once more. And none of them were originally made by TNA. Heck, Anderson can hardly be called underused since he was used well in the WWE but got injured a lot.

Not to mention, it's not just Hogan's reign to blame for TNA. Why have a time limit on an important match like that on the PPV when you do a double pin spot the next time on TV? Why not use that double pin spot on the PPV to set up for the next? Why have the X-Division title safe on PPV but changed hands on TV? Where is the X-Division? What happened to the Knockouts Division? Why is Generation Me suddenly heels? Why was London Brawling not on the PPV? Why is it called Fortune when there are 6 members? Why give ECW a PPV when you can't barely use anything from it? Why? Why? Why?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan
    I think TNA really started going downhill after they signed Kurt Angle to the organization. I'm not saying because he's terrible, he's the best wrestler currently. I'm just saying when they signed him, it began a trend of signing proven main eventers instead of underused talent.

Jeff Jarrett 7, AJ Styles 3, Ron Killings 2, Christian 2, Ken Shamrock, Raven, Rhino, Sting, Abyss

Abyss and AJ, home grown talent, won it 4 times in total while underused talent (Killings, Christian, and to a lesser extent Shamrock) won it 5 times. Only 10 of those reigns were by former world champions and Jarrett had 7 of them (being the owner at the time).

Only Styles and Joe are home grown and only had one reign each while 7 is held by a former champion. And by the looks of the next champion, there is a 2/3 chance of another former world champion holding it once more. And none of them were originally made by TNA. Heck, Anderson can hardly be called underused since he was used well in the WWE but got injured a lot.

Not to mention, it's not just Hogan's reign to blame for TNA. Why have a time limit on an important match like that on the PPV when you do a double pin spot the next time on TV? Why not use that double pin spot on the PPV to set up for the next? Why have the X-Division title safe on PPV but changed hands on TV? Where is the X-Division? What happened to the Knockouts Division? Why is Generation Me suddenly heels? Why was London Brawling not on the PPV? Why is it called Fortune when there are 6 members? Why give ECW a PPV when you can't barely use anything from it? Why? Why? Why?!?

totally on the mark. You forgot to mention the kidnapping ninjas. TNA is way too random on with their storylines. Why they Kendrick come out to save whats his name last week on Impact? They don't follow up with the events that they write.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
    thesurety ure fukin stupid, did u see the match last nyt angle vs hardy??

wow man 4 mi angle is still the best in the business!
    Dude he's talking about mic skills not in-ring skills. and oh yeah, it's true! he is kind of boring on the mic now.
    [QUOTE=el gabo;bt441]Dude he's talking about mic skills not in-ring skills. and oh yeah, it's true! he is kind of boring on the mic now.[/QUOTE]

i know he is dude but kurt angle's in ring perfomances is what lasts in ya mind not the promos but his promos bro are still amazin and for me never get old, he pumps sum attitude and sum adrenaline into them lol its real its DAMN real
    [QUOTE=Rassling_Fan;bt437]I think TNA really started going downhill after they signed Kurt Angle to the organization. I'm not saying because he's terrible, he's the best wrestler currently. I'm just saying when they signed him, it began a trend of signing proven main eventers instead of underused talent.

Not to mention, it's not just Hogan's reign to blame for TNA. Why have a time limit on an important match like that on the PPV when you do a double pin spot the next time on TV? Why not use that double pin spot on the PPV to set up for the next? Why have the X-Division title safe on PPV but changed hands on TV? Where is the X-Division? What happened to the Knockouts Division? Why is Generation Me suddenly heels? Why was London Brawling not on the PPV? Why is it called Fortune when there are 6 members? Why give ECW a PPV when you can't barely use anything from it? Why? Why? Why?!?[/QUOTE]

So just cause their established stars they don't get the right to fight for a title. This is what we went through with the race wars with black people. All people are equal.. let them do what they do.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.