View RSS Feed

WWTNA Mark

WWE's Roster>TNA's roster

Rating: 8 votes, 3.25 average.
Hey, my name is WWTNA. I know what your thinking, "Great, another TNA bashing thread." Thats not the case in this matter. This is just a blog to really look into the hype of TNA's roster. Lets begin:

So I hear people saying that TNA has the best roster right now but creatives just doesn't use them to there full potential. Do they really have the best roster though? I mean sure, they have some pretty good talented people on there roster but I would't say its the best roster going. WWE has a better roster then TNA tbh. Why I feel this way? Well, its simple:

TNA's roster is most of mid-carders

Yup, I said it. How many guys are in the main event? Let see, Sting, RVD, Mr. Anderson, Matt Hardy(he worked his butt off to get that spot), and who else??? There are wrestlers that should be in the main event like AJ, Robert Roode, and Matt Morgan but its obvious that they are getting the mid-card treatment this time around because of the storylines they are in which is understandable. Not really a strong main event scene would you say? WWE has Del Rio, John Cena, CM Punk, Miz, Christian, John Morrison, R-Truth, Undertaker, Triple H, and Dolf Ziggler. How does TNA's main event scene compares to WWE's???

Lack of original stars to claim there own creations

Its no secret that TNA likes to sign former WWE guys into there organization. While its not a bad thing, its not original either. When I tune in to TNA, I wanna see young guys that I have never seen before, prove that he or she has what it takes to be the next TNA star (similar to Sin Cara in WWE). Not some former WWE washed up hasbeen trying to prove he or she still has it when that wrestler should have been retired(Tommy Dreamer). I just want to see new and original stars from TNA like the likes of members in Fourtune, Amazing Red, MCMG, The British Invasion, Gen Me and Ink Inc. Signing WWE hasbeens or neverwas just makes it look like WWE is doing something great since TNA wants there leftovers. I know that Matt Hardy, Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, and RVD, are former WWE wrestlers and are doing pretty good in TNA but thats WWE's creation of Superstars, not TNA's.

Useless talent in TNA

I mean come on. I know people say that WWE has some useless talents but TNA just takes the cake. When you have Tommy Dreamer, Robbie E., freaking Angelina from Jersey Shore, Scott Steiner(He was good in TNA but should now retire), Devon(Whats his role in TNA???), Jeff Jerrett(He should't be a wrestler anymore), and Sting(He is an legend in the business but should retire) and some of them are hogging up the TV time for young talents. Just give the older guys like Sting, Steiner, Devon, and Dreamer backstage roles, announcers, managers, or retire and just keep the rest of the useless talent off TV.

If TNA can improve on these three things, I bet they can have an awesome roster, better then WWE's roster but to say TNA's wrestler is better then WWE's roster is a stretch.

Submit "WWE's Roster>TNA's roster" to Digg Submit "WWE's Roster>TNA's roster" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE's Roster>TNA's roster" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE's Roster>TNA's roster" to Google

Updated 04-20-2011 at 08:18 PM by WWTNA Mark

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great blog man

I kind of think TNA has greater wrestlers but for sake of argument lets agree and say that the WWE has the better talent.

I hate TNA but TNA has the better matches...There is more wrestling on one Impact Episode than one week of Raw & Smackdown....just my opinion...

Once again great blog man
    Completely disagree, and I'll do it point by point.

1. Not everyone can be in the title hunt at the same time. By your logic HHH and Undertaker and half the other people you mentioned are midcarders. Considering the focus being on Immortal vs Fortune I don't see how you can say Roode (who is in a Tag Team. Should they just take the WWE route and break up every tag team that starts to show promise and make them go singles?) and AJ are midcarders when Punk (whom I love) has been jobbing for practically six straight weeks.

2. Lack of homegrown talent getting the spotlight. Umm, do you not know how Vince built his mega empire? By scooping up all the best talent everywhere else. That's waaaaay more underhanded than what TNA is doing. Look, obviously TNA can't offer guys like Angle, Sting, RVD, and the Hardy's more money than WWE. So why do they go there? Because they TNA offers whatever it is they want that WWE won't give. Be it and easy schedule and a blind eye to pain pills, or not wanting to get treated like shit by a man you've seen treat some of your best friends like shit, or just wanting to get fucking high as a kite. All I'm saying is these guys CHOSE TNA, it's not like TNA just threw giant wads of cash at them like some other wrestl...uhhh [I]entertainment[/I] companies.

3. Useless talent. I'll pick you off wrestler by wrestler here.
    Tommy Dreamer. The guy left WWE because he just wanted to wrestle. Why is that so bad? It's not like he can't do what he did 20 years ago. He's a little out of shape, but he wasn't exactly a technical stamina freak. He's a bloody garbage can banging kind of guy, and WWE wouldn't put him on TV anymore. Let's say for example that you're a cop taken off the street and put in a desk job, and another agency offers you a street gig like you want. Should you just retire from doing what you want to do?

Robbie E. The gimmick sucks, but as a wrestler what's so bad about him that you think he's useless?

Angelina. Snooki. Nuff said.

Scott Steiner. From his crowd reaction he's obviously still somewhat of a draw, and I doubt he's taking a million dollar contract like Sting. Far from "useless".

Devon. Obviously 3D will reunite before they really retire, so he'll be around. And so what if he's a midcard guy? It's not like he's being shoved down our throat in the title hunt.

Jeff Jarrett. All you say is he shouldn't be a wrestler anymore. When you come up some facts to back up your opinion I'll give you a better response than "He should be a wrestler still."

Sting. The guy is the biggest draw TNA has, and it's beyond unfathomable that you believe he's "useless" and that thought alone should be enough to discredit every argument you've made in this blog.

1. Not everyone can be in the title hunt at the same time. By your logic HHH and Undertaker and half the other people you mentioned are midcarders. Considering the focus being on Immortal vs Fortune I don't see how you can say Roode (who is in a Tag Team. Should they just take the WWE route and break up every tag team that starts to show promise and make them go singles?) and AJ are midcarders when Punk (whom I love) has been jobbing for practically six straight weeks.
    When did I say AJ was a mid-carder at best? I said that he is getting the mid-card treatment in a storyline which is understandable. I didn't say he was a mid-card at best. Hell, i'll say the same for Punk who isn't in the main event scene as of now. Who is in the main event scene??? RVD? Mr. Anderson? Sting? Matt Hardy? Matt Morgan? AJ? Bully Ray? How do you compare that to Randy Orton, John Cena, CM Punk, Del Rio, Sin Cara, Christian, The Miz, R-Truth, Dolf Ziggler, Triple H, Undertaker, and R-truth? I question your reading comprehension to be honest.

]2. Lack of homegrown talent getting the spotlight. Umm, do you not know how Vince built his mega empire? By scooping up all the best talent everywhere else. That's waaaaay more underhanded than what TNA is doing. Look, obviously TNA can't offer guys like Angle, Sting, RVD, and the Hardy's more money than WWE. So why do they go there? Because they TNA offers whatever it is they want that WWE won't give. Be it and easy schedule and a blind eye to pain pills, or not wanting to get treated like shit by a man you've seen treat some of your best friends like shit, or just wanting to get fucking high as a kite. All I'm saying is these guys CHOSE TNA, it's not like TNA just threw giant wads of cash at them like some other wrestl...uhhh entertainment companies.
    There are key differences with your example of history. When Vince bought them away during the territory days, he bought wrestlers that NOT MANY PEOPLE SAW! Back then, in order to see other matches from other organizations, you needed to go to their county. Vince bought them all together and began the whole idea of one wrestling show for an entire country. You can see a texas style wrestler with a new york style wrestler in California. Also, i'm not saying that former WWE stars can't make a living but when you sign too much former WWE stars but when there in the main event scene more then your homegrown talent and when your TNA World Champion is in his 50's, then thats a problem.

Tommy Dreamer. The guy left WWE because he just wanted to wrestle. Why is that so bad? It's not like he can't do what he did 20 years ago. He's a little out of shape, but he wasn't exactly a technical stamina freak. He's a bloody garbage can banging kind of guy, and WWE wouldn't put him on TV anymore. Let's say for example that you're a cop taken off the street and put in a desk job, and another agency offers you a street gig like you want. Should you just retire from doing what you want to do?
    Dude, Tommy Dreamer is way past his prime. He was great in ECW and in WWE but now he should just retire. Thats like saying Ric Flair should still wrestle because he still loves wrestling which isn't a bad thing but you just have to know when to let it go.

Robbie E. The gimmick sucks, but as a wrestler what's so bad about him that you think he's useless?
    Everything about him is useless. Poor man's Zack Ryder. Maybe i'm being too harsh but he doesn't impress me at all.

Difference e between WWE letting Snooki wrestle for one night and TNA actually signing Angelina so there goes your point.

Scott Steiner. From his crowd reaction he's obviously still somewhat of a draw, and I doubt he's taking a million dollar contract like Sting. Far from "useless".
    Really? Steiner has a draw? Santino has big crowd reactions but that doesn't mean he is a draw. Steiner was just there for TNA for the "They" angle and now is just really getting put in random storylines with Morgan. He is pretty much useless tbh.

Devon. Obviously 3D will reunite before they really retire, so he'll be around. And so what if he's a midcard guy? It's not like he's being shoved down our throat in the title hunt.
    Dude, I never said that Devon was a mid-card guy. Devon isn't going to get a big push by TNA like Bully Ray so whats the point of him on TNA tv? TNA should give him a backstage role.

Jeff Jarrett. All you say is he shouldn't be a wrestler anymore. When you come up some facts to back up your opinion I'll give you a better response than "He should be a wrestler still."
    The only storyline TNA has for Jeff was the stupid angle he is in now. Never been impressed with Jerrett and his wrestling days should be done.

Sting. The guy is the biggest draw TNA has, and it's beyond unfathomable that you believe he's "useless" and that thought alone should be enough to discredit every argument you've made in this blog.
    Maybe I should't have said that Sting was useless but if a 50 year old man still doing the face paint stuff who is kinda out of shape still has more draw power, then much power to him but for him to be Champ instead of guys like Matt Morgan, Mr. Anderson, or Matt Hardy is just unbearable.
    Quote Originally Posted by IPOOPINTHEBATH

2. Lack of homegrown talent getting the spotlight. Umm, do you not know how Vince built his mega empire? By scooping up all the best talent everywhere else. That's waaaaay more underhanded than what TNA is doing. Look, obviously TNA can't offer guys like Angle, Sting, RVD, and the Hardy's more money than WWE. So why do they go there? Because they TNA offers whatever it is they want that WWE won't give. Be it and easy schedule and a blind eye to pain pills, or not wanting to get treated like shit by a man you've seen treat some of your best friends like shit, or just wanting to get fucking high as a kite. All I'm saying is these guys CHOSE TNA, it's not like TNA just threw giant wads of cash at them like some other wrestl...uhhh entertainment companies.

you took the words completely out of my mouth-err... fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaitsu
    you took the words completely out of my mouth-err... fingers.
    Please, state your reasons as to why i'm 'wrong'. I really wanna hear what you have to say.
    1. I never said you said AJ was "midcard at best." Just midcard, which you did say. Maybe it's your reading comprehension that needs to be questioned. The majority of the guys you are using as an argument are in the same boat AJ is. You're really trying to make an argument that Sin Cara is a main event guy? Neither R Truth or Ziggler are in the title hunt currently, and HHH and Taker aren't even on TV. For the rest: RVD > Orton, Anderson > Cena, Sting > Christian, AJ is equal to Punk (better in ring, not on mic, evens out), and I'd rather watch Miz but for a good match would you depend on him or Bully? That leaves Hardy, Morgan and Del Rio. 2 on one and I've sniped every other argument you have. Go ahead and completely ignore the rest of Fortune, Daniels, Angle, Joe, and rising star Crimson.

2. You make good points about Vince, but this is a business and I still don't see why people get on TNA's case for using WWE's leftovers. They've dropped some amazing talent and everytime someone uses the term "WWE reject" the only one I can come up with is OJ. And you end your argument about a 50 year old champ. UMMMM, HELLOOOOO? Taker was holding the WHC just last year. He's waaaaaay more dated and in need of retirement than Sting. Another argument bites the dust.

3. You're comparing two people who are about 20 years apart in age. Horrible analogy, and I've already said Dreamer deserves to jump in the ropes now and then if he wants. Don't even know why you're bitching as TNA never uses him on TV.

4. I still think you're just hating on the gimmick. He's no worse than most of the WWE lower card, and he's TNA's lower card.

5. Except Snooki was going to be a full time Diva until she changed her mind. You know WWE would have signed her. So there goes your point about my point going.

6. Do you not read the notes from people at the show? Because I keep reading that Steiner gets big pops. You're putting too much weight on storyline. How is it his fault if they have no storyline for him? He still gets out there and gets a reaction from the people, and I bet his merch sells too.

7. You didn't say he was midcard, I did. Once again, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. He's not going to get a big push so he should just go backstage? Not everyone can be in the main event, and I think that's a fundamental flaw in your thinking throughout the entire blog. Take Jericho for instance. He's been quoted as saying he doesn't need to be the main event championship holder. He just goes out, does his job, and puts on a show. And guess what? He loses a lot. Losing isn't a push, so I guess Jericho should just stick backstage too huh?

8. Did you read what I said? Back up your OPINION, with FACT. Storylines are not the wrestler's fault and should not reflect on their talent. And the other point you made was more opinion. I'm still waiting.

9. Putting the title on Sting his first night back was stupid, but it's not stupid that he has it period. Once again I direct you towards Undertaker. A 50 year old man who wears a trenchcoat and eyeliner and loses all of his power when a fat high pitched lard opens the lid to an urn. Was it "unbearable" when he was the champ?

I've been arguing wrestling on message boards for ten years, you're going to have to up your game or I'm going to continue to smoke and embarrass you point by point over and over.
    1. I never said you said AJ was "midcard at best." Just midcard, which you did say. Maybe it's your reading comprehension that needs to be questioned. The majority of the guys you are using as an argument are in the same boat AJ is. You're really trying to make an argument that Sin Cara is a main event guy? Neither R Truth or Ziggler are in the title hunt currently, and HHH and Taker aren't even on TV. For the rest: RVD > Orton, Anderson > Cena, Sting > Christian, AJ is equal to Punk (better in ring, not on mic, evens out), and I'd rather watch Miz but for a good match would you depend on him or Bully? That leaves Hardy, Morgan and Del Rio. 2 on one and I've sniped every other argument you have. Go ahead and completely ignore the rest of Fortune, Daniels, Angle, Joe, and rising star Crimson.
    Actually, ya did say that I said AJ was a mid-carder and Really?!? Comparing AJ to Punk??? AJ isn't even in Punk's league. RVD, AJ, Sting, Angle, Jerrett, Hardy, Fourtune, Bully Ray, and Matt Hardy doesn't even compare to guys like Randy Orton, John Cena, Del Rio, Christian, Miz, R-Truth, John Morrison, SIN CARA(yes I said it), Undertaker, Triple H, and CM Punk. How TNA's roster can compare to that is laughable but it is your opinion.

2. You make good points about Vince, but this is a business and I still don't see why people get on TNA's case for using WWE's leftovers. They've dropped some amazing talent and everytime someone uses the term "WWE reject" the only one I can come up with is OJ. And you end your argument about a 50 year old champ. UMMMM, HELLOOOOO? Taker was holding the WHC just last year. He's waaaaaay more dated and in need of retirement than Sting. Another argument bites the dust.
    First off, I said TNA signs WWE hasbeens and neverwas. Secondly, if you were reading properly, I wasn't getting on TNA for signing hasbeens. My point is that they have too many former WWE stars in the main event and not enough homegrown talent. Another one of your points bites the dust.

3. You're comparing two people who are about 20 years apart in age. Horrible analogy, and I've already said Dreamer deserves to jump in the ropes now and then if he wants. Don't even know why you're bitching as TNA never uses him on TV.
    Don't know what the hell your tyalking about with the bolded part but okay. Anyways, Dreamer does not need to be an active wrestler in TNA. He isn't going to get a push in TNA nor should he. Whats the point of him being there? Just give him a backstage role and everything will be op. He doesn't need to be an active wrestler IMO.

4. I still think you're just hating on the gimmick. He's no worse than most of the WWE lower card, and he's TNA's lower card.
    I'm not hating on the gimmick, just cannot stand the point of the character. Sure, him and Zack Ryder has similar styles but Ryder has been doing the gimmick before Robbie E and before Jersey Shore even came about. Typical TNA to copy WWE's idea.

5. Except Snooki was going to be a full time Diva until she changed her mind. You know WWE would have signed her. So there goes your point about my point going.
    How can you prove that she was going to become an active wrestler after Wrestlemaina? Do you work for WWE? Don't believe the dirtsheets.

6. Do you not read the notes from people at the show? Because I keep reading that Steiner gets big pops. You're putting too much weight on storyline. How is it his fault if they have no storyline for him? He still gets out there and gets a reaction from the people, and I bet his merch sells too.
    So just because he gets pops, that means he still can draw??? Really??? Like I said, Santino gets pops but that doesn't mean he brings in the ratings and can draw money for the WWE.

7. You didn't say he was midcard, I did. Once again, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. He's not going to get a big push so he should just go backstage? Not everyone can be in the main event, and I think that's a fundamental flaw in your thinking throughout the entire blog. Take Jericho for instance. He's been quoted as saying he doesn't need to be the main event championship holder. He just goes out, does his job, and puts on a show. And guess what? He loses a lot. Losing isn't a push, so I guess Jericho should just stick backstage too huh?
    So why bring up the mid-card thing in the first place??? Talk about a pointless comment then. Also, your not seeing my point here. Devon is in his 40's and won't get a push like Bully Ray so why does he need to be an active wrestler? He isn't a draw and is good at building talent(hence is 3-D school) so that can be good for him. Also, comparing Devon to Jericho is beyond stupid. Jericho is 10x better then Devon and has a lot of things to bring to the table, something Devon can't.

8. Did you read what I said? Back up your OPINION, with FACT. Storylines are not the wrestler's fault and should not reflect on their talent. And the other point you made was more opinion. I'm still waiting.
    Yes I did read and I still gave my reason as to why Jerrett should'nt be a wrestler anymore. I already gave my reason so i'm ignoring this.

9. Putting the title on Sting his first night back was stupid, but it's not stupid that he has it period. Once again I direct you towards Undertaker. A 50 year old man who wears a trenchcoat and eyeliner and loses all of his power when a fat high pitched lard opens the lid to an urn. Was it "unbearable" when he was the champ?
    That was like, what, last Summer ago when Undertaker was World Champion? We know Undertaker isn't getting another World title reign so comparing him to Sting isn't even relevant. TNA has Morgan, Anderson, and AJ, who they could've put the title on but choose to put it on a 50 year old wrestler who wrestles in a t-shirt. Yeah, great choice.

I've been arguing wrestling on message boards for ten years, you're going to have to up your game or I'm going to continue to smoke and embarrass you point by point over and over.
    Just because you spent your 10 years arguing on the message boards, i'm suppose to be afraid of you??? No. Keep on giving me your points and i'll hold my own. I ain't afraid to take anything I can't dish out.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.