View RSS Feed

Clikka

Sin Cara: Worth the hype???

Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.
I write this with Rick stars recent blog in mind. "Not cutting the mustard" doesnt even cut the mustard when referencing our latest WWE Debut, Sin Cara.
I totally agree with Rick, i have been completely dissapointed when it comes to what we have been shown to date, and its not his super hero outfit (ive seen some awsome luchadore outfits and this one to me just looks like he was taken from a B Grade Power rangers rip off) But enough with random spurts time to actually explain why i feel this way: -

1: - Persona/Character: - From what ive seen and watched of Mistico, He had Passion, he could express his emotions without anyone seeing his face. Am i the only one not seeing this in his new character? I see a puppy dog all excited to be in a wwe ring, when he should be focused on selling the match. I see a wrestler (oops superstar) so focused on looking around at the crowd that he forgets his opponent is already set up for the next fall and wandering around the ring like an idiot.

Yes he has some very cool moves (my next point) and could def. be Dubbed the RM of the new generation....but i dunno something lacks....if he isnt flying around the ring at 100 miles an hour i find myself bored of him within 10 seconds.....and that is worrying.

2: - Skillset/Presicion: - For someone with such a great skill/move set, i would have really hoped his presicion of these had the same WOW factor as the moves themselves. Yes i enjoy seeing him launch onto someones shoulders while mid reverse of a powerbomb or something crazy we expect of him now............but.......i dont expect a bum wiggle around the shoulders as he uses his opponents head as balance while making "hwa hey ha hwa" noises to cover the fact he has botched the rhythm. Now please refrain from the "Well you couldnt do it so why bag him" comments...simple im not paid a triple figure salary to put the effort in, if i was im sure i would be begging every talent around me to practice so i get things down pat. (Especially if i was the only person in a brand IM NEW TO, and no one was prepared for all my moves....)

3:- His general actions/voice in the ring - For a character who is yet to say a word, Sin cara is very talkative during a bout, or is it just me who is only starting to hear full conversations happening between wrestlers. (Yes you get the occasional comment made that stands out) but i can literally hear him talking between every move, every block every break, he is talking....and if you dont believe me watch his mouth piece it is constanly moving. And if its not sin cara, its ironic that it is only his matches this happens in.

Also he needs to stop over selling his beat downs....or is it me that believes that if sin cara cops 1 offensive move from a punch to enziguri he is down for 5 minutes. Apparently Primo is as strong as the (recieving a new push) amazingly powerful and agressive (thanks jr) All American american, Well thats how sin cara would make u view things, as a slam from JS recieved the same sell of beat down as primo slapping him did....................hmmmm

Either way after all my slamming above, im still a fan....im one to say he is new to WWE and has ALOT to learn as WWE is not like any other company out there. but i dunno everyone, whats your thoughts? Im not saying im correct, but definately feel that the push he has been given was not deserved......or at leats should have been put off like A.Kong's....

Take it easy fellas
CLik

Submit "Sin Cara: Worth the hype???" to Digg Submit "Sin Cara: Worth the hype???" to del.icio.us Submit "Sin Cara: Worth the hype???" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sin Cara: Worth the hype???" to Google

Updated 04-20-2011 at 08:54 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I agree with most of what you say. Considering he was a previous wrestler of a year and one of the biggest stars outside the WWE I was expecting a lot more from him. Plus where is he going to go? He's a masked wrestler that doesn't talk.
    Yer I hate to say not a great start but I saw him live at the show last week and it was off the hook. Give him a couple of weeks and he will be amazing. I know everyone hates it when someone gets a push when there are other wrestlers waiting for their spot but he will get his just for the South American demographic so might as well enjoy it.
    I agree with many of the points you've made, but I'm willing to wait a little while for making a judgement call on him. As for overselling, he is smaller than Evan Bourne who gets KOed by a right hook as well.
    So far he has been a major disappointment IMO... His costume is horrendous... that overcoat he wears when he comes out makes him look like a giant banana. Sure, he is very acrobatic, and may have plenty of "ohhh ahhhh" moments, but not so far he has not been all that impressive.
    First off, thanks for the shout out I'm glad I was not alone, as some of my friends has been defending the new-comer, saying "He's just new to the WWE." There is really no excuse when you have been in the business for so long.
    Hey guys im new to the forum but i wanted to put in my input.sin cara has just recently started in the wwe and has had a rough start but please stop bashing him with time i believe he can be a top superstar just give him time he is getting better every week.
    Updated 04-20-2011 at 03:17 PM by sincara117 (miss spell)
    Give him time. But what i think this blog makes a great point in highlighting is just how important fluidity can be in a wrestler. great example is Christopher Daniels. Every move is hit so preciesly, he just makes it look fantastic even is he's only hit a drop kick. If Sin Cara can learn that art he will be very impressive
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.