View RSS Feed

Smilie

WWE: Extreme Rules Triple Threat Match

Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
So the WWE Championship match at Extreme Rules is a triple threat match between The Miz, R-Truth and yes.....John Cena.

I would have preferred to see The Miz v Randy Orton v John Morrison. How has R-Truth managed to get a WWE title match? Don't get me wrong, he;s a good worker in the ring but he is not one of the potential top superstars. I remember at Vengeance PPV in 2002 with The Undertaker as the current WWE champion defending the title against The Rock and an ever improving Kurt Angle (hot off his feud with Austin through Summerslam 2001 through to the beginning of 2002).

And why, after such an awful performance at Mania 27, is Cena still considered a number one contender for title matches?

And why do we need to have another Lawler v Cole match. If the one at Mania 27 wasn't painful enough, we have to go through the embarrassment one more time that includes JR in the tag match....

With Edge's retirement tonight on Raw, I think that unless they give Del Rio a decent title run, they will merge the Heavyweight Championship with the WWE Championship at some point this year and make Smackdown just an additional show for Raw stars to appear in, as they did back in the days of The Attitude Era.

The Extreme Rules PPV card is a let down again and maybe this will be one they should scrap. There are too many PPV's from WWE and a good few seem to just go through the motions without giving the audience something fresh, something exciting, something controversial.

On a final note, I made a point on previous blogs that The Miz is a breath of fresh air as the WWE Champion and hope he is given a decent run this year as the Champ. My only comment is that they get rid of his sidekick Alex Riley. To date, The Miz has not defended his title successfully without some form of interference. All this does is undermine The Miz's ability as a Champ and as someone who can do it on his own, which is what he deserves.

Submit "WWE: Extreme Rules Triple Threat Match" to Digg Submit "WWE: Extreme Rules Triple Threat Match" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE: Extreme Rules Triple Threat Match" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE: Extreme Rules Triple Threat Match" to Google

Updated 04-12-2011 at 11:03 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    smilie, I get your point about Dolph Ziggler and he's a great performer but, both he and the miz are from the same book. Young, talented guys on a roster with very few determined main event faces. Dolph can't succeed on Raw as a heel as long as Miz is there and he can't it on smackdown because of Del Rio. About your point on Cena not being the number one guy, your just plain wrong. Right now on that roster there are only two determined faces that have any impact on the company. Orton and Cena, and until someone sales more merchandise or gets more of any kind of reaction than Cena he is the top guy. I don't see anyone else who gets to make matches one whole year in advance. Love him or hate him, get use to him being around at the top. Besides, if he wasn't competing for the belt what else could he be doing? Fighting Sheamus for the U.S Belt or hey maybe restarting a fued with the nexus?
    [QUOTE=therealdegenerate;bt4092]smilie, I get your point about Dolph Ziggler and he's a great performer but, both he and the miz are from the same book. Young, talented guys on a roster with very few determined main event faces. Dolph can't succeed on Raw as a heel as long as Miz is there and he can't it on smackdown because of Del Rio. About your point on Cena not being the number one guy, your just plain wrong. Right now on that roster there are only two determined faces that have any impact on the company. Orton and Cena, and until someone sales more merchandise or gets more of any kind of reaction than Cena he is the top guy. I don't see anyone else who gets to make matches one whole year in advance. Love him or hate him, get use to him being around at the top. Besides, if he wasn't competing for the belt what else could he be doing? Fighting Sheamus for the U.S Belt or hey maybe restarting a fued with the nexus?[/QUOTE]

dude, as a former world champion i'd like to think dolph ziggler was somewhat successful in his feud with edge so you're wrong. the difference between ziggler and miz is that at least dolph ziggler can wrestle and have a good match. miz is just all talk, no action.
    @Smilie, great blog btw I forgot to point that out. I loved every word.

Cena & Rock will be 100 times better than Hogan & Rock for the simple fact that Cena is better than Hogan in the ring in my opinion. Hogan did a basic scoop slam, the angry point and punch and a leg drop. Also I feel Cena & Rock will be better because when Hogan & Rock battled, wrestling was at a very positive stage. Everything as far as ratings and entertainment all around was at a high level.

Now that wrestling has stooped to an all-time low, this Cena & Rock match is something that can change the face of wrestling for both TNA & WWE. It couldnt have come at a better time because the product from both companies are cheesy at the moment.

I dont mind seeing Cena in the mainevent but not all the damn time. I mean the biggest stars of the industry hasnt mainevented every ppv. When you go 2years maineventing every ppv, obviously he's being over pushed. I mean Cena can never just have a normal storyline not involving the title. Even Orton, Triple H & Cm Punk can have entertaining angles without the WWE title being involved. So yes I dont mind Cena in the mainevent but they should really give other guys an opportunity as well like Dolph Ziggler or Kofi
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.