View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Well Splashers they can knock me down, but they can't kill me! Here I am once again to give you me 2 an 1/2 cents! And most likely I'll take back to 2 cents for myself, and you can keep the change .

I watched WrestleMania 27, and I can't say I was that thrilled about it. Sure it had some great points, however it had a lot of dry points as well. I thought the Snooki Mixed tag match was a squash match, but no where as big as the previous 8 man tag match. Hell I went to get my drink, just as everyone got in the ring, and before I got back...the match was over?!

The HHH/Undertaker Match was certainlay the match of the night, however I thought the ending was a bit of overdone. First he's lying next to dead, and then he hast the strength to grab him in a choke hold? That's a bit too much the storyline or "Keyfebe" for me to swallow.

I Thought both title matches were decent even though Edge's & Del Rio's was at the opening. Some thought that was a set back, but considering there was only two matches, I really don't think hurt the match itself. If there was a middle Title match (such as the US Match which was scheduled) then it would have looked shabby. As much as I hate to say it, nobody it going to take a back seat to John Cena and The Rock...there I said his name.

I do think the 10-15 minute opening of WrestleMania was a bit pointless considering the lack of time they were on. He really could have cut his speech in half. Then there those silly promos. I felt like asking myself "Am I watching RAW or WrestleMania?" those burnt up another 15-20 minutes. I know many might disagree with me, but I think if they cut those out, we could have had some better quality matches, maybe even added a match.

Overall I think this was an OK PPV, but it was certainly not a "WrestleMania" quality show. There was not enough match types, and no stips. If it was covered on a different venue, then it would have been better. My overall score is a 7 out of 10.

Cena vs Rock At WrestleMania 2012

As we all know by now John Cena has Challenged The Rock for a match at WrestleMania 2012. Now I don't know why the WWE made this feud last 1 year. A lot of things can happen in one year. God forbid someone could get injured 6 or 7 months before the PPV and be out of the match. What happenes then? wait till 2013?

The Simple fact is setting up a feud for one year for a wrestling match is foolish. Boxers and UFC fighters do it yes. However during that time, the ONLY thing they do is train! Professional wrestling is a totally different beast as we all know. You have to be apart of it 300+ days a year, which means TV and house shows they have to participate in.

Then You also have to consider the fans. Will we remember how or why the dammed thing started in the first place? More importantly, will we even CARE why it started? Sure right now it sounds like the match of the ages, but by the time they get to the match, there will be so much build-up the match itself will be nothing but a puff of smoke. And that itself is the flaw. If they built the match to another big venue..say SummerSlam, it would be a nice wait and it would have a much better effect. Waiting a whole year is just overkill.

I think the WWE simply set this match "One year aft of WrestleMania", was nothing more than to set another "record" for the WWE. The WWE needs to stop worrying about setting records, just for the fact of setting records. When they stop doing this, the quality of their PPV's will return to what they were once known for.

Well that's it for now Splashers. Until next time..See ya When I See Ya -Rick Starr

Submit "Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Digg Submit "Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Complaining or whatever aside...we all do it for one reason or another...anyway, it has been a long, long time since a match for WrestleMania or wrestling period has had a year long build. Im not altogether sure if they were billed like this back in the 80's or 70's even. But look, we all agree that wrestling is missing something. The Rock&Wrestling era, the Attitude era...all had something special back then and inbetween we waited for something special. Well, we are in that inbetween point and perhaps we have been for longer than any of us care to admit. But seriously, as much as I would enjoy Rock vs Cena at SummerSlam as much as WrestleMania 28, waiting 1 year for this match and seeing what they do to build this up as much as they can, cant be any worse than all the things we dislike about wrestling at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    you just made my point for me already! "This Match could really have The BIGGEST Hype in History" Their hyping up a match for a PPV one year early? C'MON MAN! Even you have got to see through the BS here. To add on to it, Cena made it a title match, which means at some point what's gonna happen? You know...Cena OR Rock is going to become Champion before WrestleMania 28. I'm not gonna HOPE for a good PPV, the PPV should stand on its own, and be good on it's own. You can say I'm complaining, but I feel it's a big mistake on the WWE's part. But don't take my word for it.
    bro since the 90's we haven't seen such a HUGE feud

: a Fued that started 14 months before they face each other!! .

this Feud hopefully would bring back The Glory of The old Days Rivalies

and if The WWE title will be on the line so be it
    it's gonna give The Title it's Prestige and status that it lost many YEARS ago

although I really doubt any of them will be a champion cuz the match doesn't need it at all

this is one of The Biggest Star Power Matches in HISTORY
    and it doesn't need more than a month to build it

but since they announced it a Year before

yuo must see that they are on Something !!!
    Something BIG!

you know what I'm Saying ?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaston80
    Complaining or whatever aside...we all do it for one reason or another...anyway, it has been a long, long time since a match for WrestleMania or wrestling period has had a year long build. Im not altogether sure if they were billed like this back in the 80's or 70's even. But look, we all agree that wrestling is missing something. The Rock&Wrestling era, the Attitude era...all had something special back then and inbetween we waited for something special. Well, we are in that inbetween point and perhaps we have been for longer than any of us care to admit. But seriously, as much as I would enjoy Rock vs Cena at SummerSlam as much as WrestleMania 28, waiting 1 year for this match and seeing what they do to build this up as much as they can, cant be any worse than all the things we dislike about wrestling at the moment.
    Your right! There definitely is a "Changing of the Guards" so to speak. Which is what I plan on talking about in my next blog. And in between there is a significant dry spell. I've been a wrestling fan for over 30 years, some years its awesome, and others years it down right stinks, but I'll be a fan until they bury me. Do I think this match between WrestleMania between Rock and Cena will be the match of the ages? No Will I watch it? Yes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.