View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

The Retiring Stars of WWE: A Rick Starr Blog Splash

Rating: 7 votes, 3.14 average.
Hey Splashers, It's that time again For the Rick Starr Blog Splash.

As many of you know by now, Edge has officially announced his retirement from professional wrestling last night on RAW. As much as this was a shock to all of us, many of us should have seen it coming as he has been openly stating for the past several months that he was seriously thinking about retirement. If I recall correctly, he was in a house show in Canada, where he openly spoke to the fans about retiring there also. I do not remember the full quotes, but it was along the lines of "I think Mania is finally here." If I am wrong, please correct me.

Now at the end of My Blog, a good fried Andy, created this awesome tribute video to Edge. This is not a plug, this is not a promo. If you take it for anything less for what it is, its your loss!

But the real subject at hand is are we starting to see the old faces we knew and loved, slowly fade into the sunset? Hulk Hogan, Ric flair and Mic Foley have already traveled past the horizon, sure we see Hogan and Flair...but do we want to see them? Hogan, is not so bad as a manager, but Flair in the ring, is pathetic! Last year HBK retired and this year Edge retired. But their not really alone are they?

As for The Undertaker won't be wrestling 300 days a year. No And to be honest, I'm not sure I want to see the them around that much either. just like Edge Said last night, I'd rather them retire early, then keep working and wind up in a wheelchair. Do any of you really want to see a 60 year old Undertaker in the ring? I Don't I'm sorry. I think he would be better off as a producer.

Then there's HHH I think the only reason he came back was that match at WrestleMania. I don't think he has any immediate plans on wrestling full time. Sure he will wrestle specialty matches like Vince did, but hey, he's the boss now, he's got a bigger job to do!

Another factor to consider is Rey-Mysterio. His knees are blown-out. He's said himself that retirement is close, which is why I think they brought in Sin-Cara. Sure it's nothing offical, but within a years time, i can see Rey out the door.

Now I hope people don't think I'm stomping on these great superstars, because that's the last thing I'm doing. I grew up with DX, and the Undertaker, as well as Edge, and Rey Mysterio. I remember when Rey Mysterio was Rey Mystero Jr. in WCW. He was the king of Lucha Libre's! I was also horrified when he had to take off his mask. But I'm getting off the subject here.

The WWE is definitely is a transitional stage, where a younger generation of wrestlers are making their mark, and the older generation, are refusing to give theirs up. Some like John Cena, The Miz, and Randy Orton, are some of the younger names in the WWE that were lucky enough to stake their claims in early in the game. Some of the older generation that is still around with no signs of leaving are Kane, Big Show, and Christian. Goldust (Dustin Rhodes) is still on the Roster, however there is reports I read on this site, that he has talked about retiring as well.

If you grew up watching wrestling like I did you know this isn't the first transitional stage of wrestling, and it certainly won't be the last. I remeber watching the WWF with Hulk Hogan, The Junk Yard Dog, Jake the Snake, Macho Man, Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper, and so many others With Jesse The Body and Gorilla Monsoon Commentating. The show will always change..and the show must go on....That's it for now Splasher's See ya when I See Ya -Rick Starr

Submit "The Retiring Stars of WWE: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Digg Submit "The Retiring Stars of WWE: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "The Retiring Stars of WWE: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Retiring Stars of WWE: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Google

Updated 04-14-2011 at 09:16 AM by Frank

Tags: edge, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.