View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Well Splashers they can knock me down, but they can't kill me! Here I am once again to give you me 2 an 1/2 cents! And most likely I'll take back to 2 cents for myself, and you can keep the change .

I watched WrestleMania 27, and I can't say I was that thrilled about it. Sure it had some great points, however it had a lot of dry points as well. I thought the Snooki Mixed tag match was a squash match, but no where as big as the previous 8 man tag match. Hell I went to get my drink, just as everyone got in the ring, and before I got back...the match was over?!

The HHH/Undertaker Match was certainlay the match of the night, however I thought the ending was a bit of overdone. First he's lying next to dead, and then he hast the strength to grab him in a choke hold? That's a bit too much the storyline or "Keyfebe" for me to swallow.

I Thought both title matches were decent even though Edge's & Del Rio's was at the opening. Some thought that was a set back, but considering there was only two matches, I really don't think hurt the match itself. If there was a middle Title match (such as the US Match which was scheduled) then it would have looked shabby. As much as I hate to say it, nobody it going to take a back seat to John Cena and The Rock...there I said his name.

I do think the 10-15 minute opening of WrestleMania was a bit pointless considering the lack of time they were on. He really could have cut his speech in half. Then there those silly promos. I felt like asking myself "Am I watching RAW or WrestleMania?" those burnt up another 15-20 minutes. I know many might disagree with me, but I think if they cut those out, we could have had some better quality matches, maybe even added a match.

Overall I think this was an OK PPV, but it was certainly not a "WrestleMania" quality show. There was not enough match types, and no stips. If it was covered on a different venue, then it would have been better. My overall score is a 7 out of 10.

Cena vs Rock At WrestleMania 2012

As we all know by now John Cena has Challenged The Rock for a match at WrestleMania 2012. Now I don't know why the WWE made this feud last 1 year. A lot of things can happen in one year. God forbid someone could get injured 6 or 7 months before the PPV and be out of the match. What happenes then? wait till 2013?

The Simple fact is setting up a feud for one year for a wrestling match is foolish. Boxers and UFC fighters do it yes. However during that time, the ONLY thing they do is train! Professional wrestling is a totally different beast as we all know. You have to be apart of it 300+ days a year, which means TV and house shows they have to participate in.

Then You also have to consider the fans. Will we remember how or why the dammed thing started in the first place? More importantly, will we even CARE why it started? Sure right now it sounds like the match of the ages, but by the time they get to the match, there will be so much build-up the match itself will be nothing but a puff of smoke. And that itself is the flaw. If they built the match to another big venue..say SummerSlam, it would be a nice wait and it would have a much better effect. Waiting a whole year is just overkill.

I think the WWE simply set this match "One year aft of WrestleMania", was nothing more than to set another "record" for the WWE. The WWE needs to stop worrying about setting records, just for the fact of setting records. When they stop doing this, the quality of their PPV's will return to what they were once known for.

Well that's it for now Splashers. Until next time..See ya When I See Ya -Rick Starr

Submit "Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Digg Submit "Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to del.icio.us Submit "Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rock vs Cana: A Year in the Waiting: A Rick Starr Blog Splash" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Them putting Cena Rock at mania goes to show how two of the big four aren't that big. Look back to 02 03 you could tell WWE would do its best in three PPVs then go all out for the 4th. Now all we have is mania with Summerslam and Survivor sereis ending up like just another of the million PPVs.

WWE needs to cut back PPVs to 8-10 a year, three weeks for a build up is stupid and the PPV quality of recent time shows it.
    ahh stop crying about it
    the Match is already scheduled OFFICIALLY and nothing will change that

and I LOVE the Idea of a One year build up

you just wait and see what they're going to do with it
    and you have the rights to do your favourite hobby "Complaining " in Maybe February or March 2012
    but absolutly not NOW or in 2011 in General
    Quote Originally Posted by TakerManiac
    ahh stop crying about it
    the Match is already scheduled OFFICIALLY and nothing will change that

and I LOVE the Idea of a One year build up

you just wait and see what they're going to do with it
    and you have the rights to do your favourite hobby "Complaining " in Maybe February or March 2012
    but absolutly not NOW or in 2011 in General
    Well your right about one thing, this match will happen. And if I'm not mistaken you were the one, who said "Just watch WrestleMania 27, it will be good wait and see. well I did wait and see", and I know I wasn't the only one who said it was nothing special.

As For my complaining becoming a hobby, I can't disagree with you there either, but then the world of wrestling hasn't been much to cheer for in the past several months has it? TNA's Victory Road, WWE's Royal Rumble, and WrestleMania have all fallen short to say the very least this year. What is there to cheer about? If your a fan of any of these shows, then that's your choice, don't get on my case for mine.
    Updated 04-11-2011 at 09:14 PM by Rick Starr
    Quote Originally Posted by candlelarbra521
    Them putting Cena Rock at mania goes to show how two of the big four aren't that big. Look back to 02 03 you could tell WWE would do its best in three PPVs then go all out for the 4th. Now all we have is mania with Summerslam and Survivor sereis ending up like just another of the million PPVs.

WWE needs to cut back PPVs to 8-10 a year, three weeks for a build up is stupid and the PPV quality of recent time shows it.
    I agree with there, the WWE has just swamped itself with PPV's. There is too much of a good thing, and the WWE has apparently lost touch with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    I agree with there, the WWE has just swamped itself with PPV's. There is too much of a good thing, and the WWE has apparently lost touch with that.
    sir when I tell you to wait before you judge

I'm not saying that it will be Amazing or Expecting anything

I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to Judge Already

it's just too much complaining and annoying

This Match could really have The BIGGEST Hype in History

let's just stay positiver and hope
    Quote Originally Posted by TakerManiac
    sir when I tell you to wait before you judge

I'm not saying that it will be Amazing or Expecting anything

I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense to Judge Already

it's just too much complaining and annoying

This Match could really have The BIGGEST Hype in History

let's just stay positiver and hope
    you just made my point for me already! "This Match could really have The BIGGEST Hype in History" Their hyping up a match for a PPV one year early? C'MON MAN! Even you have got to see through the BS here. To add on to it, Cena made it a title match, which means at some point what's gonna happen? You know...Cena OR Rock is going to become Champion before WrestleMania 28. I'm not gonna HOPE for a good PPV, the PPV should stand on its own, and be good on it's own. You can say I'm complaining, but I feel it's a big mistake on the WWE's part. But don't take my word for it.
    "splash" splash"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.