View RSS Feed

CM_SUXX_NOT

Is CM Punk the adult's John Cena?

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Hi guys, this is my first blog on EWN and probably my last, as I struggle to come up with interesting topics and talk about them in-depth. However depending on the feedback I get, I might consider blogging again.

Let's first go back to a time in PG, before CM Punk was shooting the way only he can, and remember how dull the product was becoming. John Cena was in at least three quarters of championship angles, and although kids love to see 'The Champ' it was getting simply ridiculous. He is super-over under his superman gimmick with children, but it never clicked with adults because he is not seen as a wrestler.

You see, when a guy who is clearly entertaining but lacks a bit in in-ring ability goes over a really talented wrestler, it is very irritating; let's face it, we know the WWE is basically soap-opera these days, but we still want the 'wrestlers' and not 'entertainers' to get the push!

Clearly, Cena is the entertainer and CM Punk is the wrestler.

And yet, hasn't CM Punk become an entertainer recently? I mean yeah, his matches have been great recently - technical AND entertaining. The ending at MITB left us stunned, and until Raw 8 days later no-one knew what Punk's contract situation was. Until then, the storyline had countless possibilities.

So Cena and Punk have their back-and-forth arguments and fights, with the women and children cheering Cena as usual and the guys in the audience cheering the 'heel', thus making him a 'tweener'.

My point about entertainment was backed up last night, when the crowd for Punk vs The Miz was quite dead. Because it's not the matches that get us going at the moment; it is in fact, the promos. Cena is the children's Superman. Now, since his epic shoot, Punk has become a bit of an adult's superman too. When he talks, we stop and we fucking listen, because we know it will be great. We eat up every word that comes out of his mouth like... like little children!

There is a lot more I should add but I want to leave you to think about what I've said and leave your opinions below (which would be highly appreciated). Thanks for reading.

Submit "Is CM Punk the adult's John Cena?" to Digg Submit "Is CM Punk the adult's John Cena?" to del.icio.us Submit "Is CM Punk the adult's John Cena?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Is CM Punk the adult's John Cena?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good job, man. As far as picking interesting stories goes, be like me, don't give a shit and just talk about what you want. Whether it's irrelevant or yesterdays news.
    Pretty good job, and i'd have to agree. Punks promos are usually gold where as cena's seem to become dull. But i totally agree with your point, given that punk is far better than cena in both aspects.
    CM Punk is a whining little bitch. He wears little boy space boots and you want people to take him serious. John Cena keeps it real I don't know what people think but not one word Cena says is bull. CM Punk cries cries and cries, complains and insults the bosses who pay him and even women. Makes me think he really likes to hold and stroke the mike!
    Updated 08-30-2011 at 11:26 PM by ssgsanti (Words I missed)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgsanti
    CM Punk is a whining little bitch. He wears little boy space boots and you want people to take him serious. John Cena keeps it real I don't know what people think but not one word Cena says is bull. CM Punk cries cries and cries, complains and insults the bosses who pay him and even women. Makes me think he really likes to hold and stroke the mike!
    Not sure if trolling or just insane....
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgsanti
    To quote the Miz.... Really? John Cena keeps it real? How old are you 13? John Cena is old and played out he wears his little shorts to the ring does the salute etc. blah blah. John Cena is not real he is a PRODUCT. Ill say it again so youll understand. He is a Product. The only reason Cena is in the WWE is because he sells alot of merchandise if he didnt do you think he would be in the main event? Hell No..... You are a Cena fanboy troll. Now good day sir............................................... ................ I SAID GOOD DAY!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by latreal23
    To quote the Miz.... Really? John Cena keeps it real? How old are you 13? John Cena is old and played out he wears his little shorts to the ring does the salute etc. blah blah. John Cena is not real he is a PRODUCT. Ill say it again so youll understand. He is a Product. The only reason Cena is in the WWE is because he sells alot of merchandise if he didnt do you think he would be in the main event? Hell No..... You are a Cena fanboy troll. Now good day sir............................................... ................ I SAID GOOD DAY!!!!!!
    Nice
    Cena is a product, but so is Punk. There is not a difference between the two. Women and kids buy Cena's merchandise but men buy Punk's. In the end, they're two guys serving the same purpose, making Vince money.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.