View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. WWE Raw Walkout is More Compelling than "Occupy Wall St."

Much media attention has been given to the protests over lack of jobs and "corporate greed" labeled Occupy Wall Street. Like the protest itself, some of this attention is legitimately warranted, while a lot of it is manufactured. Garnering virtually no attention from the traditional media, however, was another protest over jobs, working conditions, and an unresponsive corporation; the ...

Updated 10-07-2011 at 10:49 AM by Frank

Tags: raw, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. WWE in 2011 - In good shape

The last few months have been absolutely fantastic in the E, and not just because of the storyline you think. Let's take a look through what is going on right now and whats decent

Punk v The Establishment

CM Punk for the longest time, was the most entertaining thing on WWE programming as a self righteous heel. There wasn't much that needed to be done with his character ...

Updated 09-11-2011 at 07:42 AM by The Next Big Thing

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Is the “Rawkdown” really beneficial for the WWE?

Now, I’m going to play devil’s advocate (well, sort of devil’s advocate) for keeping the Split-Brand concept. It seems that one of the main reasons for combining the two shows, which I collectively call the “Rawkdown” is to get better ratings for Smackdown. Now the fact is the hottest draws will always be on Raw and they will always be on Raw because that’s ...
    Tags: raw, smackdown
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  4. WWE: Return to glory

Introduction

This is my first blog entry, and depending on its reception I'll determine whether I'll begin making this a habit. But before I go any further, let me give you a brief synopsis of my wrestling background. I grew up (early-mid teens) on the WCW/nWo and WWF Attitude era. My interest began to dissipate as the product began to decline, and I eventually stopped watching all ...
    Tags: cm punk, raw
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  5. Three Champions in one night?!

Last night saw not one, but two new WWE Champions crowned and the return of the biggest commodity in professional wrestling, CM Punk, to Monday Night RAW.

It made for a great episode of RAW, and for once Cena being WWE Champion is interesting. Pretty much everything was in place and seemed relevant (if you excuse Michael Cole being put into a match, snore). Rey versus Miz was a great ...
    Tags: punk, raw
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  6. Dream Announce Team for Raw & Smackdown?

Hey guys, hope all is well. I've been looking at the Raw & Smackdown team and it is definitely lackluster to say the least. I love all the current announcers but some of them clearly should not be together and maybe mixed up with a few additions.

Now keep in mind these are my dream announce teams I'm about to write. Not sure they all can possibly go down seeing as some aren't ...
  7. The Ladder was knocked out from under us

Today is 1/25/11, and I had to sleep on this before writing this week's blog.

Last night's Raw had almost everything right that WWE needed to do to give us the show we wanted. Great build up, so fun story telling, hell even character development and energy for feuds. It also let me down worse than a Kizarny promo (side note, he has popped up in CHIKARA, and being used right it seems). ...
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  8. WWE Raw: Nottingham House Show Report

Raw House Show Report - Nottingham

The place was about 90% full and most of the arena was full of John Cena fans.

Match 1 - Singles Match
    RTruth Def. Alex Riley
    Good match to get the crowd pumped, RTruth came out to Whats Up?

Match 2 - Tag Team Match
    Santino and Kozlov def. The Uso's
    A comedy match that was preceded by a Dance ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. New Interactive Concept: You are the GM of RAW

Since it seems apparent (at least to me) that Edge has seemingly done away with the anonymous GM by destroying the laptop 'he' used to communicate 'his' rulings, I think it would be a great time for RAW to introduce a brand new concept that would actually engage the WWE Universe in a way that has never been done before.

The WWE has tried to cultivate the millions of fans they have across ...

Updated 10-01-2010 at 11:46 AM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions , User News
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.