View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. What WWE is missing

I have about 35 hours or so of archived WWE footage on my PS3. I sit in my room, on my computer, and occasionally glancing up at the TV screen to see what match is going on. But, I noticed something today while glancing up. Professional Wrestling (Or Sports Entertainment) is missing something. The ability to translate the story that you are telling onto the big screen.

It was once ...
  2. Was Cm Punk's return too soon?

Hey guys, I'm blogging on whether Cm Punk returned soon or not. I love blogging on topics that I'm on the fence about because it leaves a great discussion open. Now personally I feel both ways about the subject.

Reasons why his return was too early:

1. Killed the storyline
    I think this made the original promo he cut at Vegas a waste. I think what made this storyline ...

Updated 08-01-2011 at 02:17 PM by knox

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wrestling Fans Prove Eric Bischoff Right

Since 2007, TNA fans/haters have complained about the lack of focus on the x-division and its wrestlers. They thought it was unintelligent for TNA to put the x-division on the back burner for the former WWE, WCW, and ECW talent because the product was going to end up like WCW and because the x-division was what made TNA stand out and allowed TNA to be an alternative in wrestling.

Last ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. TNA Live Event impressions (Austin TX)

Ok, so first blog, not going to break down match by match but did want to get out my general impressions on the TNA house show that I was at on July 28th at the Austin Music Center, in Austin TX

First was the meet and greet, Don announced that there were 18 "Limited edition" Jeff Jarrett guitars for sale, and that if you bought one (For 175.00) that you would also ...
  5. I Believe the phrase was "Phony Punk"

John Cena has sucked for a long time.

It's common knowledge that the only people still in Cenation are kids and women. Even the few guys who still rock fruity have one foot out the door and dreams of greener pastures in Chicagoland. You take a look at the biggest guys in WWE, the "go-home" guys, and that's John Cena and Randy Orton. And the difference there can be summed up ...
    Tags: cena, phony
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  6. My view on the TNA talent, July 29th 2011

ABYSS: Always gonna be there, accepted in main event scene, interested to see if he leaves Immortal what will happen to him

AJ STYLES: Hope he does well in BFG series. One of the guys that built the company, would be nice if he got a little more recognition in the main events

ALEX SHELLEY: Love MMG, but Sabin's injury might not be a bad thing. Getting involved in X-Division, ...
    Tags: tna
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  7. Rookie Contests: Does it even matter in the 'E Part 1

WWE has always been a fan of new talent, but especially a fan of gaining cheap ratings by having talent competitions like Tough Enough which first started in 2001 to WWE NXT which is fairly recent recovering from the fallout of the travesty which was the new ECW.

The fans would vote for who they would want to win in both of these contests. I have been a wrestling fan since the early ...
  8. Turtle Time: Judgement Day 2000 DVD Review Part 3

Man I've been busy today, nevertheless on with the third and final part of my Judgement Day 2000 DVD review. I apologize in advance that it wasn't done sooner. I went out to eat.

But lets get on with the main event . . .

WWF Heavyweight Title, Iron Man Match: The Rock vs. Triple H.
    Opening Package recaps what happened at Backlash 2000 and the events that led to ...

Updated 07-28-2011 at 05:48 PM by Mr.Turtle

Tags: reviews
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Entertainments simplest narrative device – the Cliffhanger

Having seen the (mostly) positive response to my first blog, I’ve decided to write another just to “test the waters” and see if I can actually keep this up. I intend on writing one blog a week but let’s be fair, even I know that won’t happen. The problem is that I don’t want to fall into the trap of writing about “safe” topics that are abundant within ...
  10. Summerslam predictions/rambling

Alright guys this is my first blog so forgive me if I do a poor job. I would also like to say that although I have posted the matches on here, it does not mean I like them or believe they will actually be on the card. Its just a possibility.

So lets start with the obvious CM Punk vs John Cena - This has more or less been confirmed already. The only thing that I could see being done ...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.