View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. What if Sting joined the WWF/WWE

Alternative Universe XII

Hard to believe when you think about it. Sting, a big name in American wrestling but has NEVER stepped foot in a WWF ring. Even when the WWF acquired all of WCW assets in the takeover and the possibility was there, Sting never joined up. The reason he stated was that he had seen the way the WCW were treated during the ‘Invasion’ story (notably
  2. 3-Hour Raw, Jerry The King Lawler, Attitue ERA, and more....

OK. This had been on my mind for a while now.

1st of all. I hear a lot of people giving Raw a bad wrap for then 3-hour Raw shows, and I disagreed with them for a while. I always loved the big shows, because WWE usually know how to put them on. But after watching Raw last night for 20th Anniversary of the "longest episodic show on Monday nights", I physically felt sick from ...

Updated 01-16-2013 at 02:10 AM by CMBison (Spelling and Grammar errors.)

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  3. Why the Attitude Era wouldn't work now (No matter how much you think it will)

WWE(F) has had millions of fans and these fans have seen the many different eras the E' has gone through, depending on the age of the fan of course. Between the WWWF in the 60s and 70s, to just the WWF of the 80s, mostly molded by characters and gimmicks than wrestling, to the Attitude Era of the 90s, Ruthless Agression for the early and mid 2000s, to where we are now with the PG era. But no era is ...
  4. Triple Threat Top 5 IV: OMG Moments

Hello all Wrestling Fans and welcome to “Triple Threat Top 5 IV: Presented by ewrestlingnews.com”.
    Coming off of a hard fought battle at the “Olympic Triple Threat,” we make our return to the United States to begin another epic battle.
    Folks before we go any further, I would like to say that due to events that transpired backstage after the events of the “Olympic Triple ...
  5. WWE: The New "ERA"

I titled this blog the new "ERA" because I am going to pin point the problems that WWE is having and how they can fix the problems while using some of the simple methods while keeping the family friendly "PG ERA". I know many of use would love the attitude era back in the WWE and many of us thought with the 1000 episode of Raw we would see the dropping of the "PG" and ...

Updated 08-13-2012 at 08:24 PM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  6. Triple Threat Top 5 Olympiad Edition: USA vs. UK. vs. Canada Part 2

Part 1: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?43439-Triple-Threat-Top-5-Olympiad-Edition-USA-vs-UK-vs-Canada-Part-1
    That ends our list. We wish these other fine competitors luck in their lists.
    Follow T-Hughes35 on Twitter @T_Hughes35
    Peace on the Streets, Be Safe, and God Bless America!"

Now it’s time for akbar’s turn to represent ...
  7. Triple Threat Top 5: Olympiad Edition: USA vs. UK vs. Canada Part 1

Welcome wrestling fans and fellow bloggers to a very special edition of The Triple Threat Top 5.

All good things must come to an end, and we have reached that point once every
    four years where the Summer Olympiad must end. It couldn't have been a better
    Olympics. From James Bond skydiving with the Queen, to the performance by
    Paul McCartney. From the dominance of ...
  8. Why a Tag Team Division is Needed

In my previous entry I discussed why a successfully promoted tag team division is no longer found in pro-wrestling today - the WWE in particular. I posited that tag teams, and having a tag team division can, does and will act as cornerstones to power blocks in locker room politics when it comes to booking. Consequently, the McMahon family has no use for them any longer as they have taken a "why-ferment-a-faction-that-may-question-your-absolute-authority ...
  9. Thank You Ultimate Warrior!

With out doubt I have alot to thank Mr Hellwig aka Warrior because if it was not for him I would have never been a wrestling fan today.
    Do not get me wrong I have read all the debates on the guy and to be honest some right and some wrong but thats for others to debate.
    In the UK the wrestling scene was dire and in bad need of updating so was thus slipping off the tv schedule but thankfully ...
    Tags: warrior, wwf
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. An Attitude era fan.... Who came back....

And my, OH MY do some modern fans have a selective rose-tinted memory!

I'm quite new to the old blogging thing, but have enjoyed reading a lot of the entries and thoughts of fellow pro-wrestling fans, a thought I'd give it a whirl. What I want to say is simple - wrestling today, particularly WWE, gets a lot of criticism, especially in contrast to bygone times of golden ages of wrestling ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.