View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Last Night's Raw: Thoughts and Prayers with Jerry Lawler

Hey fans. Savior here. The tone of this blog is going to be a little down, for obvious reasons. I will start by saying that I think New Jack needs to get out of his mom's basement and grow the hell up. Jerry Lawler is a legendary figure in wrestling, a little respect is in order. I'm sure everyone is with me when I say our thoughts and prayers are with Jerry Lawler.

Now, I watched the ...
  2. How to Produce and Direct an episode of RAW

I have zero experience producing, directing or promoting a product that consists of a professional wrestling TV program. That said - I have to seriously question whether or not anyone working for the WWE who does produce & direct these RAW shows has anymore experience than I do.

I will admit that I only watched the first 10 mins. of RAW and the last 15 mins... So I can't speak ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. How to Regain a Loyal Fan - Pt X

Raw is now 3 hours each week. Unfortunately it has more time spent in commercial break than it does on action in the ring. The thing that gets me is that I don’t understand how people can still call WWE a “wrestling program”. To me, WWE (minus NXT and FCW) is what I have been trying to distance myself from for the majority of my wrestling fandom; A Male Soap Opera. I love the, to quote Shane Douglas, ...
  4. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

SummerSlam recap

Last week I labelled the end of Raw as a disaster. I should have known that it was just a precursor to what would be the worst SummerSlam I have ever seen. If you ignore the fact that Punk retained, Jericho finally won a match on PPV in 2012, and Santino lost his United States Championship on the pre-show, WWE really dropped the ball here.

Every ...
    Tags: raw, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Bottom Line: Raw Firing, SummerSlam, More

Hello wrestling fans. I’m Ace Lancaster and welcome to the first edition of hopefully a weekly blog about RAW, Smackdown, and the WWE known as The Bottom Line. This blog will have both reviews and opinions on Raw and Smackdown as well concerns about certain storylines and wrestlers. I will also include opinions on hot topics within the industry such as the firing of AW and the unhappiness of nearly ...

Updated 08-13-2012 at 08:25 PM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  6. Silly Brit: WWE Wrong Calls

Hi everyone!

So yesterday, I did WWE's Right Calls', so I figure it'd only be right if I did a 'Wrong Call' blog as well! The interesting thing about this one is it might be influenced by hindsight more than the other one, but I'll try to be as objective as I can. If you read the last blog, you'll know that my focus is really starting in and around 2002 (when I first started watching) ...

Updated 08-13-2012 at 01:07 PM by DavidCharlie

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  7. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

The difference between a face and a heel when you’re an older fan is often the opposite of what the WWE considers to be its ‘universe’ sees as a face and a heel, and tonight was a prime example of the audience being split between who the bad guy really was.

Back when I was a kid the heel was the guy whose ideals I didn’t agree with, or the guy who decided to take a dislike to somebody ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

Arrogance is something which is thrown around WWE (and pro wrestling as a whole) an awful lot. Just look at Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho (heel or face, the man exudes it), Damien Sandow, and even TNA’s Bobby Roode use it to be different. It’s now time to add an exaggerated sense of arrogance to CM Punk’s heel turn, and it’s actually working on me.

Not only did we get the new, more arrogant, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. What to expect on RAW on 7/30/2012?

A week after a memorable 1000th episode of Monday Night RAW which saw appearances by many WWE legends as well as a shocking ending, the 1001st episode of RAW will no doubt be equally exciting.

And so without further delay, here's what to expect:

​A VICIOUS CM PUNK PROMO
    Yep, you got that right. CM Punk is expected to explain why he attacked The Rock during his WWE Championship ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Yes! Yes! Yes! The Raw Review (#YYYTRR)

1,000 episodes and hundreds of shocking moments, and Raw 1000 was no different.

To put it simply, last night’s Raw was amazing. I refuse to go as far as saying it was the WrestleMania of Raw’s, like Michael Cole, but pretty much everything that happened lived up to the hype. Give or take the fact that World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus was put into a six-man tag team match rather ...
    Tags: raw, raw1000, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.