View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. WM27: I liked it! mostly...

I watched WM27, had some beers, this came to my mind as I watched:

Rock promo: The pop was cool, promo not as good as his first raw one but still good to pump the crowd. Maybe a tad too long, but you could tell rock was feeling awesome to be back in front of 70,000 which is good enough for me if it keeps him excited enough to stick around for a match or two.
    Title of ‘host’ ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rivalries...where did they go?

This is gonna be a tough subject to hit upon since its true that rivalries do still exist, however they feel so lack luster nowadays that I feel like we really dont have any real rivalries to speak of and Im gonna do my best to hit the point as best as I can with a few examples from past years. Ok here goes...

Remember Triple H vs The Rock? If your a long time wrestling fan and were ...
  3. The Royal Rumble winner to headline Wrestlemania?

Ever since 1988, the Royal Rumble has been classified as WWE's most popular events. This year, Alberto Del Rio was the 24th winner of the traditional royal rumble match. Alberto Del Rio won by eliminating Santino Marella. Ever since 1990, the winner of the royal rumble would always have an opportunity to face the world champion and headline Wrestlemania. However, this year is a little different ...

Updated 04-04-2011 at 05:36 PM by VKM

Tags: wwe
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  4. Why Wrestlemania was Shocking

I tuned into wrestlemania with somewhat mixed expectations. Despite given a longer time between the Elimination Chamber PPV and Wrestlemania to build storyline, WWE really failed it. Time was needed to develop the main storyline going in between Cena, Miz, and The Rock. Most things were golden since it's a unique storyline and I'm sure no one could be certain of the way it would play out. Never ...

Updated 04-05-2011 at 08:10 AM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  5. Review: WrestleMania XXVII

Let's be honest, WrestleMania XXVII was never really expected to be the greatest of all-time. It had a slow build-up, very few star-studded matches, and was outshone by the return of The Rock and Michael Cole's ego. What we got was still a shock to me though...

The first shocker came in putting the World Heavyweight Championship match on first. What I thought when this match was announced ...

Updated 04-04-2011 at 10:35 AM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  6. Next Generation of Wrestling

With the Undertaker vs. Triple H WrestleMania build-up focused around the ability to perform at their ages, now is probably a good time to look at who can stand in to take their place.

Firstly it should be noted that both Undertaker and Triple H can still perform to the highest level. Some people seem to think that Undertaker is ‘past-it’ but he’s far from it. His last four WrestleMania ...

Updated 04-03-2011 at 07:44 PM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  7. What we Already knew...

I was up last night thinking about this and it was almost a shocker, even though i knew it all along. Now I cant speak on TNA, simply because i don't watch it, but as far as WWE goes, the era of tag teams seems to be all but dead. They just don't seem to have as much prestige as they used to have in the past, and WWE has no one to blame but themselves...

The last good tag team to hold ...

Updated 04-06-2011 at 07:53 PM by BigRon73

Tags: lod, tag titles
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. ROH - Honor Takes Center Stage - Atlanta, GA, 1 April 2011

I didn't really know how to send results to RC, so here are the results from last night's show here in Atlanta.

Michael Elgin defeated El Generico, with a tilt a whirl powerbomb.

Hiroyo Matsumoto and Ayumi Kurihara d. Sara Del Ray and Serena Deeb, after Serena took a massive suplex and landed on her head. After the match, SHIMMER Tag Champions Daizee Haze and Tomoka ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Wrestlemania 27: The Rise of A New Generation

Figured I'd go ahead and write a blog giving you guys my thoughts on Wrestlemania as a whole and discussing the matches. Enjoy.

This year's Wrestlemania showcases a lot of the younger, newer talent in WWE and I think its a great thing to see. If things turn out well, we could be seeing numerous young wrestlers being made stars by the end of he show. Now I know a lot of people have ...

Updated 04-02-2011 at 11:38 AM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions , User News
  10. The many Faces (and Heels) of Wrestling Alignments

We all know it as one of the mainstays of wrestling psychology. How feuds are fueled and matches booked is down to the alignment of the wrestler: Is he or she a Face or a Heel. Somewhere along the line we also got the classic Tweener.

But in modern wrestling there is more to it than just these three options, there are nuances that get lost in the shuffle if we just talk about «faces ...

Updated 04-03-2011 at 05:47 AM by Iscariot

Tags: alignments
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.