View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Shane Douglas: The Forgotten Franchise.

Hey Splashers! I just finally updated my twitter page. Anyone interested in me find me at Twitter.com/@RickStarr. Ok enough with the cheap plugs, let’s get to it.

I read Shane “The Franchise” Douglas’ recent interview on Busted Open that was posted here on ewrestlingnews.com, and I ...

Updated 11-08-2011 at 11:26 PM by Rick Starr

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Is the Grass Greener in TNA?

Welcome back Splashers to this follow-up blog. Last weekend I talked about how the WWE had no problems using wrestlers from other organizations, and I got some excellent feedback. In that blog myself and my readers had no problems pointing out that when all those wrestlers came to the WWE, their careers ...

Updated 11-04-2011 at 08:29 PM by Rick Starr (spell checking)

Tags: tna, wwe
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. WWE Picks Up the Leftovers Too?

Hello once again Splashers! For those of you who have read my blogs you might have noticed I have been gone for a couple of weeks. This was due to my laptop crashing, and costing me over $150 to fix. Well enough of the chit-chat, let's get down to it!

Whenever I read blogs or news reports ...

Updated 10-31-2011 at 01:20 AM by Rick Starr

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. TNA Impact Wrestling : Pros and Cons

Firstly, I want to say that i'm not a TNA hater or in love with the WWE. I'm simply a wrestling fan who wants to watch good wrestling and be entertained.

Now on topic, TNA was started some 10 years ago by Jeff Jarrett. Its grew swiftly, until about a few years ago it was purchased by Dixie Carter.

PROS-
    1. The Roster -
    TNA has one of the most impressive ...
    Tags: tna
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  5. WWE vs. TNA. Like Ruth's Chris vs. Huddle House, not that Huddle House is bad, but..

The title of this post is not original. As a former radio boss once told me, 99-percent of great ideas are stolen, and the title was sto..., errr, borrowed from a Tweet posted by the best wrestling announcer not calling matches right now, Joey Styles (well, the best announcer not calling matches until halfway through this week's Raw, anyway.) It took me until the last week or so to discover for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. BFG predictions thoughts and hopes

Ok well I,m away and have no internet connection so I can't post this on Saturday like I,m doing for all tna and wwe ppvs now but today will do. So This is my first of a series of blogs as I said I will post for both TNA and WWE. I will put Each match highlighted in bold then say my thoughts hopes and predictions,ok so lets start
    Knockouts championship match winter vs mickie james vs madison ...
    Tags: bfg, tna
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Good things in the wrestling world

Hello once again all my fellow wrestling aficionados. It has been awhile since my last post, but I, like all of you, have been following our shared passion most diligently. For those of you who have read my blogs and/or posts you may know that I tend to be a positive person and choose to on occasion acknowledge the good things going on in wrestling today. This blog is meant to highlight some of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Bound For Glory Series – TNA’s highlight of 2011?

Although at this stage we don’t know the results of the final BFG PPV, I’ve actually found the BFG Series matches & theme to be the highlight of Impact. If you can ignore the PPV name (bit dicey, IMO), for once, it gave the TV main events a purpose, beyond some half witted feud decided when two names were pulled from a hat.

It allowed the top stars to build momentum, raised the ...

Updated 09-26-2011 at 06:47 PM by kiltbill

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  9. The Odds and Ends of TNA and WWE

What’s up Splashers! In This edition, I take a look at the differences between TNA and the WWE. Now before anyone gets the wrong idea of me being just a WWE mark or a TNA mark, you got the wrong idea. I am a wrestling fan, which means I am bias. With that said let’s get down to business.

Updated 09-26-2011 at 09:50 PM by Rick Starr

Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Educating Your Audience (My letter to TNA)

Dear TNA,

I have faith in you. I may not watch you like I use to but still, your property of one of favorite pure wrestler in America today: AJ Styles. But we have a problem. Its about your audience, I undertsand that the ratings are down and this that and the third. But we have a BIGGER problem. Educate your audience. What I mean on that is not the ones in Orlando. I mean if Total
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.