Blog Comments

I am all for Titus ONeill & Darren Young. Love their chemistry and on-air charisma. The Usos do nothing for me. If I never saw Primo & Epico on TV again, I'm not sure I'd even notice. However, the WWE does need a nice balance of teams and singles stars that can make teams. Old federations like World Class, Mid-South, etc used to do it this way and it was great. One of my favorite tag teams of recent memory was Jeri-Show. IMO, the hay day of tag teams was around the late 80s when you had the Road Warriors, Freebirds, Hart Foundation, Bulldogs, Midnight Express, Rock n Roll Express, Midnight Rockers, Demolition, Powers of Pain, Arn & Tully, etc. However, with teams like those you usually have 1 dominate star and the other guy.
    The problem with the tag team divison in WWE is the fact that WWE doesn't believe they can draw anymore . This is why they are treated as after thoughts . Also WWE wants people who can talk and work on there own sad but true .
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cobb
    The problem isn't putting two singles wrestlers together. As stated above, NAO were singles wrestlers. Even though Morrison was previously a tag team guy, he and Miz paired up and had a good run.

The problem is they simply don't care about the tag division. The titles are now used to promote two guys who they want to push, but not enough to give them a singles title.
    Which was my point exactly, they don't care enough to pair wrestlers who have a common ground or enough chemistry. Although previously singles wrestlers, the New Age Outlaws had great chemistry and effort in pushing them as a convincing tag-team took place. That effort isnt made anymore and tag-teams are carelessly thrown together. In the case of the Miz and Morrison, they had a common ground and their personalities were not dissimilar which is why it worked so well.
    The problem isn't putting two singles wrestlers together. As stated above, NAO were singles wrestlers. Even though Morrison was previously a tag team guy, he and Miz paired up and had a good run.

The problem is they simply don't care about the tag division. The titles are now used to promote two guys who they want to push, but not enough to give them a singles title.
    I really like O'Neill and Young now
    new age outlaws were single wrestlers not gettting anyway until the wwe put them into a team, then they became one of the greatest tag teams ever.
    Amen. Great blog! Im with you 100% and feel the same way about the lack of tag teams.

However, I was just mentioning to one of my friends that I'm diggin Young and Oneil. WWE needs more teams like them. They definitely gave me a Throwback tag team feeling.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.