Blog Comments

great way to push talent thats not doing anything
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Good blog, and I agree with everything as I like Tag Teams.

However, I don't think there's enough interest in it, which is why the division is down and meaningless. I know they tried resurrecting it a little these days, but there's not enough emphasis on it and I think it's because people would rather see CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus & Orton. That's just how it is these days. No one cares about The Usos vs Primo & Epico. It is sad but, I think that's why they don't invest time into the division anymore.
    In that respect, its a self-fulfilling prophecy. They don't act to make the division SEEM important, so fans stop caring, so they push it even less.

In the glory days of the TLC era, you think fans weren't wanting to see the top singles stars more than anyone else? Of course not, but the difference from then to now is that the mid card, especially the stronger elements, were allowed to stand alone and breathe.

You didn't get E&C winning TLC one week, only to be jogged out to Stone Cold in a handicap match the next, for example. The different levels of talent were more defined and separated, so they got to develop, have actual story lines and were given the opportunity to entertain. Granted, it didn't always work, but it worked more often than, say, having the PTP become #1 contenders, then thrown away in a 2-on-1 defeat to someone like Sheamus or Orton the next show.
    Good blog, and I agree with everything as I like Tag Teams.

However, I don't think there's enough interest in it, which is why the division is down and meaningless. I know they tried resurrecting it a little these days, but there's not enough emphasis on it and I think it's because people would rather see CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus & Orton. That's just how it is these days. No one cares about The Usos vs Primo & Epico. It is sad but, I think that's why they don't invest time into the division anymore.
    Good blog. I state the following lightheartedly, but I don't understand why you would admit yourself how shitty the title is yet still continue to keep it.. Lol.
    Here's some ideas I have...

1. If you're going to pair two singles wrestlers together, then make the effort to actually make them look like a team. If you paired up two random guys like Zack Ryder and Alex Riley, they don't necessarily HAVE to wear identical trunks, etc., but they should at least wear matching colors at all times, even if they have different gimmicks.

2. If you think a wrestler has potential as a singles star, there is no need to break him up with his partner. Being a successful tag wrestler and a successful singles wrestler do not need to be mutually exclusive. Reason one, if a heel wrestler has a regular tag team partner, that partner can always be booked to run interference on his behalf to help him win or retain a singles title. Reason two, singles wrestlers are only going to end up in tag matches every other week anyway...Holla Holla playas!
    Updated 07-11-2013 at 03:28 AM by TempestH

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.