Blog Comments

I agree with everything you wrote. As far as who can replace Cena how about Dolph Ziggler. I think at 'Mania it would make sense for him to face Jericho, but then lose to him only for AJ Lee and Big E to attack Ziggler and get him over with the fans. Then after Swaggar beats Del Rio- suddenly out of left field Ziggler will cash in the MITB briefcase, win the belt and be an instant fan favorite main eventer.
    Thats accually pretty good idea, althogh I think its gonna end like the ROck vs Hogan WM match. Instead of nWo attacking Hogan, I see Shield getting at Rock and Cena for the save so we can have a handshake ending :-/ Sucks, huh?
    That would be cool. I like the idea, also like that idea hoping he stays heel through next WM to go on to face Taker.
    WOW very nicely put i agree with the things you said i myself am very curious how the crowd will react to him at WM good or bad and a screw job would be awesome just for the surprise factor alone which is very rare these days ..... now i hope what they have planned doesn't backfire due to the feedback i have read about ppl not wanting rock champion nor cena champion i am not knocking either of them but i do think the only way to keep things kosher would be for cena to turn heel i know they probably wont due to the kids that support him but anything is possible if they do it right
    Hmm...I don't recall JR or Jim Ross ever referring to Swagger as a racist. A Xenophobe, yes, but not a racist. Neither Swagger nor Zeb has delved into racism since neither has identified or targeted a specific race. Their commentary has been about illegal immigrants taking advantage of America, nothing more. However, it is also true that in the extremely politicised environment that America in in right now, such a storyline will be taken out of context.
    Fans seem to confuse patriotism/nationalism with racism, two extremely separate concepts. The line is inevitably blurred by the fact that a common theme seems constant in their ideologies, that is that their targeted demo is usually of minority race.
    To clarify
    This is not a racist angle, it is patriotism by way of foreign relation (a rather decent job on the part of creative for creating an actual provocative arc) Immigration doesnt pertain exclusively to Mexicans, but any other foreign ethnicity... It could be black, Puerto Rican, Gypsy, Romanian, race doesn't matter in nationalism, just ethnicity

For some reason many can't make the distinction between the two
    Umm...I don't think Swagger is going to WrestleMania anymore...hell, even if he does, its only a 50-50 chance.

He got busted for DUI and possesion of Marijuana. He'll be lucky to even wrestle for WWE again, let alone WrestleMania. If he only gets a suspension, he will most likely only be gone for 30 days and make it back in time for Mania. But still...its a breach of contract to get arrested in possesion of non-prescribed drugs and can be terminated on the spot. A suspension will actually be his best outcome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.