Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by WeDominate99
    This might make people angry but I don't even think the Punk-Taker was as good as people say it was. And if you watch it again you may agree. Same patron as other matches. Taker hits his finishers, Punk kicks out and otherwise. This was the MOST PREDICTABLE match on the card and even though the IWC hates predictable endings they go praise a match that since it was announced everybody knew who was going to win. There were A LOT of botches. The best for me was when the table didn't break when Punk did the elbow. I thought the Cena-Rock match was better, although it was clear who was going to win, it was entertaining.
    So if you don't disagree, go watch it again and you will see BUT, don't be a little bitch and don't follow what the IWC go with you own instinct. IWC is crap anyway

True that it wasn't a truly great match, but it was the best match of the night. It had one or two things that I thought made it better than Rock/Cena even tho, as I stated early that I loved that match. First of which was the crowd. The crowd was way into the Punk/Taker match and didn't really seem into the main event as I stated earlier. The other thing that I thought set it apart was the ebb and flow of the match. I thought there was too much standing around and posturing during the main event. It was expected because the Rock really isn't in ring shape like all the rest of the guys are. Punk/Taker had everything. A big spot going toward the Spanish announce table, in sync counters and spots that caught the fans off balance. Yes it was predictable, but all of the Taker's matches are predictable. They need to fit in certain things that the fans came to see. The more Punk kicked out, the more the fans got into it. Thats what made it great to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    he was the most overrated wrestler in history because he never had that marquee match.

Curious about this statement. Did you not see the many battles with The Rock, John Cena and HBK? I gotta say those three are much more marquee than Brock Lesnar.
    You see marquee as against big names. I see marquee as Savage/Steamboat, Hogan/Andre, HBK/Stone Cold. Matches that will always be remembered for how great the match was in addition to the big names. HHH vs Cena at WM 22 was a horrible match made worse by the entrances.
    This might make people angry but I don't even think the Punk-Taker was as good as people say it was. And if you watch it again you may agree. Same patron as other matches. Taker hits his finishers, Punk kicks out and otherwise. This was the MOST PREDICTABLE match on the card and even though the IWC hates predictable endings they go praise a match that since it was announced everybody knew who was going to win. There were A LOT of botches. The best for me was when the table didn't break when Punk did the elbow. I thought the Cena-Rock match was better, although it was clear who was going to win, it was entertaining.
    So if you don't disagree, go watch it again and you will see BUT, don't be a little bitch and don't follow what the IWC go with you own instinct. IWC is crap anyway
    "I turned off my brain and enjoyed the spectacle that is WrestleMania " Allot of fans seem to find that hard these days. There was a thread on this forum that talked about good reason for Cena to be champion and all of them (but one) were about the business side of things. The only people who should care about that are Vince and the people that work for WWE.
    he was the most overrated wrestler in history because he never had that marquee match.

Curious about this statement. Did you not see the many battles with The Rock, John Cena and HBK? I gotta say those three are much more marquee than Brock Lesnar.
    Loved it man; wish more blogs were focused on the positivity and passion that you have displayed. Like those before, I want to commend you on a great piece...
    Impeccable read. Thank you for allowing myself, along with the other readers to take a trip down memory lane. It's astonishing how we can all relate in such similar ways. Enjoy Mania this year. It would be a nice touch reading a post Mania blog. Thank you again.
    Updated 03-28-2013 at 04:34 PM by PhEonYx
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.