Blog Comments

I actually loved Kane's theme from around WM XX...it was a slow but heavy rock variation. I don't recall the name of it off the top of my head but that may have been one of the best themes along with the rest of your list.
    If the brands were separate I would say that Punk would be the perfect face on one of the two shows, but since everything overlaps now he's great as a heel. He's the Shawn Michaels to John Cena's Bret Hart. He's the first guy in 6 years to make anything John Cena does interesting. The last time I cared about Cena was when he was in his 2006 feud with Edge. Every time Punk and Cena match up its like Austin vs the Rock, both have huge fanbase, both are considered 2 of the top guys, and the matches can be unpredictable and very entertaining. When the top 2 guys are going at it, you don't know who's gonna win, you don't know how its going to end. They are the only rivalry/match up in the current WWE you can't predict the outcome (minus that RAW match which was still a classic). Unless they can successfully get Randy Orton to that heel status he had in 2008-2009 or get Sheamus back to his heel status of 2010, you can't change CM Punk. There are only 2 SINGLES heels right now that are perfect matchups for any face, CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler.
    Excellent blog but I'll pass on a Punk/Lesnar match. 80 lb difference plus Brock is taller, can you imagine them in the ring facing each other? I know it's fake but Lesnar would kill this guy with one hand. So much to do with Punk when he returns, but Brock has become a niche feud guy. I wanna see him only face guys like Rock, Taker, HHH, Cena, maybe Sheamus, and maybe beating Kane on RAW during a Taker feud.
    This is why I like reading your blogs! Always full of reason! haha

Just to add my two cents, I think he's best when he's a face but not an obvious face. When they turned him into a cookie cutter face right before his heel turn he was boring. Before his match with Daniel Bryan with AJ Lee as the special guest referee he was super fresh; I just hope if they do ever turn him face again that they do it in a fashion that he's the anti-hero that we all enjoy and not the generic face that we all have seen in many others in the past.
    Personally, I think Punk needs to be a face again as him and Cena are two of the best on the mic and WWE really needs a few good faces to be cheered. That said, WWE does have a few good heels that can talk on the mic now. Dean is great on the mic and now with Bray coming, that puts two younger stars with great mic skills right there who need pushing and what better way to push them then to have two faces with great mic skills as well.
    Most crowds cheer him when he comes out anyway. But i agree 100% i like Punk as a face much better, also it gives the people that hate the Cena type guys someone to cheer for that's in the main event scene.
    Punk as an anti-hero, me against everyone face it what he should and probably will come back as. The thing of it is that, even hated, people cheer and respect Punk like no other wrestler in the business today. It doesn't matter what he's doing he gets the boos and cheers. He is the best overall performer in the WWE right now and everyone knows that except for the children who love guys like Cena, Sheamus, Brodus Clay, etc.

The day that Punk teams up with Cena and another boring face to battle the Shield, I will stop wrestling for awhile because that would be an instant injustice to the product and to the fans.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.