Blog Comments

You guys need to try to catch a few SHIMMER matches. It seems that the so called big leagues of wrestling disrespect women's wrestling, they truely kick ass on the independens.
    Quote Originally Posted by samwrigz
    I'm sorry but are you for real? They should only be used as eye candy? I think you're missing the point here. Womens wrestling has developed over the years to where it is today, my point is that WWE aren't using their talent the way they could. If WWE gave divas the air time to promote, have decent matches and even have decent long feuds like the days of Trish/Lita they could make it interesting! They have the likes of Kharma, Beth, Natty etc to make good tv time! Womens wrestling is not a waste of time and your point is completely sexist. I'm not saying that Womens Wrestling is anyway better than the Males, because it isn't, but I am saying that Womens Wrestling in both WWE and TNA can be utilized to make decent matches and good interesting matches to watch!
    Women's wrestling has greatly regressed since the 80s and early 90s. If you watched GLOW, you saw females that could wrestle with any male. Today they are pushing model types who cant hold a candle (in the ring) to the women wrestlers of the past. And yes, my point may come across as sexist, but it is the truth. Why should I care? I guess I have to be a fan of the WNBA as well?

The only time I'll get into a Diva match is when Beth Phoenix is in the ring. I used to love Molly Holly as well. I'm not sure why I need to enjoy watching a flat black chick in Kharma. I never got into Viscera.

Kelly Kelly was botch city. The Bellas never did anything for me. I have more important things to do with my time over watching TNA... like watching paint dry. So, yes, the women in wrestling need to go back to being valets & managers. And apparently most in the business agree with me since the most over female in wrestling is Vickie Guerrero.
    Quote Originally Posted by samwrigz
    I'm not saying that Womens Wrestling is anyway better than the Males, because it isn't, but I am saying that Womens Wrestling in both WWE and TNA can be utilized to make decent matches and good interesting matches to watch!
    You are dead on 99%. But I have to respectfully disagree. I've seen some Knock Outs matches that put on a way better march than a lot of the guys. But that too has to do with poor booking.
    WWE lost its touch. Its said to see what a shit product it has become. The only thing i can thank mcmahon for was putting vader in a match, that was a real treat. Other than that they really need to get off their PG or whatever crap era they have going on, because raw was garbage. Slammiversary definately solidified TNA as a legitimate company. It was definately a solid PPV and TNA is starting to put some better storylines now that Vince Russo is off the creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl
    The Divas, Knockouts, women wrestlers in general are not interesting. Both companies are using them wrong... outside of Vickie Guerrero. They should only be used as eye candy, managers or valets. That's it. If I wanted to watch women's wrestling, I'd search out old VHS tapes of GLOW. The women wrestlers do not sell merchandise. They are not draws. Anyone who claims they paid to see a particular female wrestler is either not a wrestling fan or a flat out liar. Women's wrestling is a complete time waste.
    I'm sorry but are you for real? They should only be used as eye candy? I think you're missing the point here. Womens wrestling has developed over the years to where it is today, my point is that WWE aren't using their talent the way they could. If WWE gave divas the air time to promote, have decent matches and even have decent long feuds like the days of Trish/Lita they could make it interesting! They have the likes of Kharma, Beth, Natty etc to make good tv time! Womens wrestling is not a waste of time and your point is completely sexist. I'm not saying that Womens Wrestling is anyway better than the Males, because it isn't, but I am saying that Womens Wrestling in both WWE and TNA can be utilized to make decent matches and good interesting matches to watch!
    The Divas, Knockouts, women wrestlers in general are not interesting. Both companies are using them wrong... outside of Vickie Guerrero. They should only be used as eye candy, managers or valets. That's it. If I wanted to watch women's wrestling, I'd search out old VHS tapes of GLOW. The women wrestlers do not sell merchandise. They are not draws. Anyone who claims they paid to see a particular female wrestler is either not a wrestling fan or a flat out liar. Women's wrestling is a complete time waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAndy
    As far as my comment about getting rid of them, I know that they left of their own accord. I just feel that the WWE should let them go, not try to resign, look for talent elsewhere, and will have a stronger division because of that. Not to mention they've thankfully taken the orange goddess that is Eve out of the ring. That was just as painful to watch.
    Ok I got ya. But it's still going to take a lot more than getting rid of a couple women. If they don't push the division it can't grow and get better.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.