Blog Comments

@TheHitMan there was an article/story once from WWE Creative about ideas and matches that were penciled, but never happened. The ones listed above, were included.

The only reason that I didn't include Hogan-Flair at WM8 is because that match eventually did happen. Not only in WCW, but in the WWF. It was on RAW in 2002. It was a title match that we got on FREE TV! (one of the only times that WWE pulled a play out of WCW's playbook.)
    Nice Blog! I'd would have loved to see all those matches. Here's some more matches I can think of that I would have loved to see at WM and it was possible.

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair
    Hulk Hogan vs Undertaker
    HBK vs Randy Savage
    Steve Austin vs Undertaker
    Rock vs Undertaker
    HBK vs Rock
    Undertaker vs John Cena
    Goldberg vs Steve Austin
    Ric Flair vs Bret Hart
    on my list, undertaker vs. kurt angle would be replaced with hulk hogan vs. ric flair. so many people wanted that match. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan definitely would have been one of the biggest draws ever; but it probably didn't happen for the same reason Hogan vs. Flair didn't. The creative and ego differences.
    Great blog man! Angle vs Hart would have been a classic. Too man it never happened though.
    Enjoyed your blog!! i absolutely agree that I would have preferred Austin-Hogan at WM18. I kept hearing "biggest star of the 80s" vs "biggest star of the attitude era"...as big and huge and popular and great as the Rock was...he was #2 during the attitude era. Austin was #1 and Rock was #2...and having #2 vs Hogan (as great as the feud, build up and match was) just wasn't the same as it would have been if it was Austin-Hogan.

Undertaker - Sting would have been cool to see at WM27...but I question "how cool". I've always thought Sting was overrated a bit. And now he is past his prime in all aspects. Sting never seemed to do the same level of work when he had an opponent other than Ric Flair. I just wonder if Sting-Taker at WM27 would have really been a better build-up, feud and match than Taker-HHH was. I'd almost say I was happy with Taker-HHH last year and leave it at that.

You could also add Hogan-Flair at WM8 to this. I know that match eventually happened, but it happened in 1994 at Bash at the Beach. At WM8, these two guys were in their true prime's, WWE and Wrestlemania were the biggest company and event...it would have been more special if it took place at WM8.

Anyway - good blog dude!
    Philly would be a good location...but not Lincoln Financial Field. I dont' see how Metlife Stadium works either. Outdoors in the beginning of April...In this region, there are no weather guarantees. I don't know much about Metlife Stadium and whether or not it has a retractable dome, but being from Philly, I know The Linc does not. Besides,

I'd hate to have Michael Vick even mentioned in wrestling. Sportscenter and Philly Sports Talk already drive him down our throats. I don't need MIchael Cole's endorsement too.
    EXACTLY! It'd be an ideal location.
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.