Blog Comments

Ace's and 8's is compelling if you get drawn in by the cool masks and the feeling of mystery behind them.. and the whole invasion storyline that's been done a million times already in the wrestling business. When you remove the make-up of these guys.. it's just a big multi-man tag feud with no real motive for these guys to be feuding. Ace's and 8's have never even said what they're in TNA for besides destroying it.. and why they want to destroy it. Plus, it doesn't make any sense! Why would TNA give them a chance to appear on Impact every week by giving them a Bound For Glory match when they're destroying everything and running around giving beat downs with hammers and other foreign objects... and their main objective apparently is to destroy the company? How does that make sense? Please explain that to me and I will take back everything I said. It's just a senseless storyline that only entertains those who don't look into the details of things and get too easily caught up in the countless invasion storylines that we've seen throughout pro wrestling's history.
    Exceptional Award show bud. Hell, if the wrestling community would follow your simple guideline as to how awards should be presented, The Slammy's may even be worth watching. You can't win em' all, and I'll even state that some of the "winners", I don't necessarily agree with. Yet still an awesome and well thought out blog.

On a side note when I see sh*t like this, I get slightly pissed off;

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingNerd
    One last thing, and probably the awards I disagree with most... The Aces and 8s storyline is far and away the WORST storyline I've seen all year. It's a complete failure. Ace's and 8's is a MIDCARD feud. They tried it out as their top storyline, but it has now been relegated to a midcard storyline. Nobody cares about Wes Brisco, Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle against D-Von and DOC and these other guys. It doesn't make sense. Why do Ace's and 8's even want the destruction of TNA? If TNA is destroyed like they want, they're all out of a job. So what the hell is going on here? They have no reason for this.. it just doesn't make sense. Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan vs. Bully Ray are far more compelling than this BS storyline. Ugh, utter bullsh*t.
    Facts are facts! A&8's was and still is the most compelling storyline going around in the wrestling business. I'm not going to state that that it's been "top notch" these last few weeks, yet in the same run, to say that it's the WORST storyline you've seen all year, is (in your very own words) "utter bullsh*t"!!!. What the f*ck kind of programming have you been watching all year?? I guess you may be right though, perhaps the AJ/Cena storyline did have a slight advantage over them. But hell....Who am I to say right?!?!...you ARE the "WrestlingNerd" aren't ya?....

Great Blog bro! Glad to see you put the time and effort into it.
    I disagree with most of these awards, actually.
    Best build-up was not Cena vs. Rock. Even though it was booked a year in advance, most of the build didn't even start until about a month before the show, and it was only through corny Rock jokes that got old quick (Fruity pebbles... really?) Cena vs. Punk probably had the best build. I was pumped for all of their matches.

The best crowd is a no-brainer to me. It HAS to be the crowd that popularized the "YES" chants, even when Daniel Bryan didn't even have a match that evening, not until the dark match main event that featured him vs. Cody Rhodes. I forgot where that Raw was.

How is worst wrestler Brad Maddox? He had only one match in 2012 I think and it wasn't that horrible.

I'd give Best Rising Star(s) to Ryback or The Shield

One last thing, and probably the awards I disagree with most... The Aces and 8s storyline is far and away the WORST storyline I've seen all year. It's a complete failure. Ace's and 8's is a MIDCARD feud. They tried it out as their top storyline, but it has now been relegated to a midcard storyline. Nobody cares about Wes Brisco, Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle against D-Von and DOC and these other guys. It doesn't make sense. Why do Ace's and 8's even want the destruction of TNA? If TNA is destroyed like they want, they're all out of a job. So what the hell is going on here? They have no reason for this.. it just doesn't make sense. Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan vs. Bully Ray are far more compelling than this BS storyline. Ugh, utter bullsh*t.
    I have a bit of a slanted view, but Slammiversary X from Dallas was a pretty hot crowd over the likes of the NXT crowd for sure. I'll have to go back and rewatch them, but when you have a crowd that is so hot it makes a Devon and Garrett tag team match seem watchable, that says something... To me at least.

But then again, it's probably because I was at the event
    @ThePiper,
    I've never been a big Joey Ryan fan. He's just not a likable character in my eyes. I can't see the clown lasting 5 seconds in the ring with a John Cena.

@DKWrestlingSavior,
    Welcome back bro! The reason that match didn't make my top 10 is because I couldn't STAND their feud, ALL YEAR LONG! 18 MONTHS for a feud is absolutely RIDICULOUS! It was at a point in time where I completely backed out on their matches due to their storyline, no matter how good it was. The only reason the AJ/Dixie/Daniels/Claire Lynch/Kazarian fiasco wasn't my pick for the Worst Storyline of 2012 was because WWE tried to copy that exact same storyline. It was a strong second place choice however. That's why AJ Styles is my Biggest Disappointment of 2012. He was booked so badly that it became nothing but a sad, sad story. I mean, he's suppose to be TNA's version of John Cena. If you want to keep him out of the World Title Picture, then that's great, but don't take a feud and turn it into something ridiculous.
    Joey Ryan worst wrestler of the year nominee? 'srong with you?
    Good blog bro!
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.