Blog Comments

Thanks for reading Akbar, I'd definitely be interested to hear your take on CM Punk right now.
    GREAT BLOG!
    Good blog, not sure if I agree with your viewpoints completely, because it seems me and you are looking this Punk character and situation from 2 different angles but that's understandable, nonetheless I enjoyed reading this.
    Well, Jericho never said exactly why it's "the end of the world as we know it".. he just emptily said it hoping it would sound cool. Sure, if you're a Jericho mark, you probably didn't think twice about it, but as a wrestling observer, it's the total representation of how lacking of substance this comeback by Jericho has. It has been just one giant let-down, with no clear, defined purpose. Kane came back with a purpose, Jericho? not so much, and it hurts him.

Time will tell with the new approach to taker: Make him beg for a match with the almighty Triple H. I just know that Taker's only real drawing power anymore is his supernatural gimmick. If you take that away from him, he has little to nothing to give anymore.
    I get Boss point though. Going into every wrestlemania, Taker comes off as a phenom, unstoppable, and every wrestlemania you know Taker is going to win. Of course we know Taker is going to win this one, but I like the approach they are taking with this Mania. Showing a humbled taker, wanting to seek his revenge for how mania ended last year. It is a different side and I like it.

As for your point about Jericho. I disagree. I think the approach they are taking with Jericho is good. Considering they probably had the intention of Jericho winning the rumble when they put out the promos, with the change they made, i think they are going in the right direction with Jerichos promos, and I am excited to see what he says Monday.
    Whoa whoa... throwin' out insults? Classy.

Anyways, wrestling is about building up both wrestlers to face off in a grand match... not one tearing the other down with no means to using it as a positive. Thus far, it's a poorly worked angle on an already poorly thought-up fued. Two mega stars? yes, but not really buzzing with interest... at all.
    You are right HHH made Taker look weak, unpowerful but not unimportant. The reson HHH made Taker look weak so it makes you think if HHH can be the one to end the streak. Isn't that obvious, but it looks like for you its probably not.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.