Blog Comments

Great Entry, and I liked the read. Although the way I see it. Cena's heel turn is coming sooner then what people thing. Look at the way they are portraying Cena. Questions like is the pressure getting to Cena... I think it's coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonett1169
    If they turn Cena heel (which is where I would place my vote), they will have about one month of show stopping new material (like they did with CM punk however they turned that month into 2 weeks). They will have a large portion of the show dedicated to Heel Cena, and this will give them the chance to take 2 mid-card talents and have them topped over to main-event status. 2 things here that concern me if I am Vince McMahon: 1.) Who are my mid-card upgrades going to be? (I personally like A-Ry, Mason Ryan, even Miz.. but that's me, can be whoever) The guy needs swagger & appearance (which are the easy attributes) to be top dog, and NEEDS mic skills.. no script promos. That has to happen. However, 2.) Cena and the make a wish foundation is a VERY difficult bond to break. They would have to keep the kids with Cena, and still have him a heel.. if that's possible. Can't ruin that for the kids, no way. Any opinions?
    I think they can do it. If they were able to do what they did to Sgt Slaughter, they can do anything. Make-A-Wish will still be there, even if he's a heel. And it will be there when they turn him back. After the match with The Rock, turn him back. There's no more need for him to be heel. But since he will be booed astronomically at Wrestlemania, might as well do the heel turn and play into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by captainmoonlight
    someone mentioned this the other day, I reckon you could be right about make a wish, but surely like the blogger mentioned, CM Punk for instance, could just step into cena's face shoes?

surely a heel turn would be for 1 year max anyway? unless it was hugely successful.
    I think they can do it. If they were able to do what they did to Sgt Slaughter, they can do anything. Make-A-Wish will still be there, even if he's a heel. And it will be there when they turn him back. After the match with The Rock, turn him back. There's no more need for him to be heel. But since he will be booed astronomically at Wrestlemania, might as well do the heel turn and play into that.
    I'd have to agree with your Frank...it's time for Cena to turn heel...however...the WWE needs to do this right...in a lot of ways it's got to be some sort of shocker like when Hogan went heel in WCW. For Hogan...that was the best thing he could have done for his career at the time.

It has to be done right and carefully. While Hogan was the Face of all Faces for the longest time, it was all about Hulkamania, take your vitamins, say your prayers, etc. Cena is in a position that does a lot of good and tackles real social issues of the day. Rise Above Hate, Make a Wish Foundation, etc. that both he and the WWE promote heavily and for good reason.

If you turn him just to turn him, the fans will be insulted...as in "really...this is how you went about doing this?". And if you turn him it's got to be in a way that does not attack or take the message away from the good things that have been done (and should continue to do) for all the good work he has done with these charities.

I look back at the Bret Hart situation when he turned heel and did the Canada vs. USA thing. I loved The Hitman and always will. But when that happened it was simply not believable because we all knew Bret...we knew his history…what he stood for…where he came from and who his family was. The WWE simply had to turn him heel so he could leave for WCW. It was a crappy story line for the Hitman character...they simply did not do it right...and in my humble opinion...I don't think anyone enjoyed booing Bret Hart.

Cena needs a heel turn...but they need to do it right...not a build up...he's got to "rise above" all of this...make it seem to the fan base it's not getting to him and then let it go...for now. Make it seem like the heel turn idea has been abandoned.

Then he should come into Wrestlemania...defeat The Rock in a not so fair manner, start beating the crap out of The Rock after the bell, have Piper come in and try to stop him...then Cena just loses it and really beat the snot out of Piper...a HOF Legend. Taking out both The Rock and Piper in that manner, at the Wrestlemania is the best thing he can do if he wants to turn heel.

I think this approach legitimizes the story line a bit. He and The Rock both have a beef…and Cena has basically had enough of taking the shots The Rock has sent across his bow over the past year. He’s had enough of The Rock slamming him to the mat out of nowhere. He’s had enough of the fans cheering for a guy (The Rock) who has done nothing but insult and disrespect Cena, while all the while Cena has tried to break bread with the guy and try to make things right. So he snaps at Wrestlemania and takes out The Rock…and I mean takes him out of action for a while. The Rock needs to get his a$$ beat badly for this to look legit.

Then you throw Piper into the mix after The Rock beat down…after Cena takes out The Most Electrifying Man in Entertainment, Piper comes out to praise Cena and say something like “Ya see? I told ya so” or “No…this is wrong…this was not the way to go about this…”. Then Cena drops Piper…badly.

This does two things….first it gives the heel turn a little more legit stature…second it opens up several story line possibilities for afterward.

Just my thoughts…I’d love to hear back from you all to see what you think..!
    Quote Originally Posted by CenasLamb
    What do you mean women will cheer for another hunk?! We women love the art of wrestling just as much and if not sometimes more than guys! Just bcuz we cheer for him doesn't solely mean bcuz he's hot. I've been a fan of wrestling since I was 8 and a guys 'hotness' has nothing to do with if I like him or not and that's the case for most women!
    many girls I know share your opinion which I can't deny that I'm little bit surprized
    someone mentioned this the other day, I reckon you could be right about make a wish, but surely like the blogger mentioned, CM Punk for instance, could just step into cena's face shoes?

surely a heel turn would be for 1 year max anyway? unless it was hugely successful.
    If they turn Cena heel (which is where I would place my vote), they will have about one month of show stopping new material (like they did with CM punk however they turned that month into 2 weeks). They will have a large portion of the show dedicated to Heel Cena, and this will give them the chance to take 2 mid-card talents and have them topped over to main-event status. 2 things here that concern me if I am Vince McMahon: 1.) Who are my mid-card upgrades going to be? (I personally like A-Ry, Mason Ryan, even Miz.. but that's me, can be whoever) The guy needs swagger & appearance (which are the easy attributes) to be top dog, and NEEDS mic skills.. no script promos. That has to happen. However, 2.) Cena and the make a wish foundation is a VERY difficult bond to break. They would have to keep the kids with Cena, and still have him a heel.. if that's possible. Can't ruin that for the kids, no way. Any opinions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.