Blog Comments

Rock can't wrestle.
    You can't really compare a guy like Floyd Mayweather and Lawrence Taylor to a guy like The Rock because The Rock actually has wrestling ability, Mayweather and Lawrence Taylor don't. The Rock does train and work out by stepping in the ring from time to time as he stated way before he returned to the WWE so its not like he is just some retired wrestler who doesn't know how to wrestle anymore. As for The Rock winning being good for business, not really. The Rock vs John Cena ITSELF is good for business. No matter who wins, you are still watching that match because its the biggest match that is taking place in recent memory. That's why WWE booked the match at Wrestlemaina 28, to get a lot of buyrates. Cena winning will probably tick off some fans but it still won't hurt anything from a business standpoint.
    You know I was the main one preaching that if the Rock beats Cena, then its bad for business but my opinion has changed since reading this blog. I think your absolutely right.

I mean the Rock is one of the greatest entertainer's ever in and outside of wrestling. He has so much family lineage in this business. What would be so unbelievable and unrealistic if Rocky was to go over on Cena? Great blog and thanks for making this clear.

I think Rocky should win and Cena should make that full blown heel turn the next time. I really think this Rocky match is a setup for Cena's heel turn. Rock is the biggest babyface ever and putting him against Cena is the WWE trying to fully turn the fans against him to make his heel turn that much special.

Cena has been a babyface for 8 years. You can't just turn someone like that heel in a matter of months. His heel turn started being built the day the Rock vs Cena match was made. Expect a heel turn. Not to mention the whole Piper's Pit segment.

Again great blog and please continue blogging. This is very well written and informative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death
    It makes absolutely no sense for Rock to win at WM 28. It's like Vince telling the world that his product sucks, and I for 1 don't think he's that dumb. Also it would help if Rock could actually wrestle instead of having to be carried through most of his matches in his career. A win loss record don't mean squat at WM unless your talking about Undertaker's streak. Personally, I've found Rock to be boring and repetitive for his 7 - 8 years in the business. Cena prooved that he can wrestle at MITB this year vs CM Punk. To say otherwise is just plain obtuse. While I'm not a Cena fan, he has a better attitude than the Rock in all aspects of life and especially when it comes to other wrestlers in general.
    Dr. Death, when Lawrence Taylor a football player who had no care to be a pro wrestler... When LT beat Bam Bam Bigelow at Wrestlemania 11, would you say that Vince was telling the public that his product stinks? I mean if a boxer, movie actor, or football player goes over a wrestler isn't Vince telling the public that his product stinks?

The Rock is WWE bred. He's never wrestled for another federation not counting developmental and I don't even think the Rock wrestled there either. If people accept LT, Mike Tyson, Mickey Rourke going over a wrestler then what's the problem if a WWE legend like the Rock goes over Cena?

And the Rock looks pretty good at Survivor Series so I believe he can wrestle pretty well.

I agree that Cena can wrestle very well in fact with my last blog I defended Cena. But I think that a loss can still help Cena and the WWE.
    @Dr. Death you must of lost your wrestling history a long time ago or maybe just started watching I don't know cuz I don't know you but for you to say John Cena has a better attitude than The Rock your just wrong cuz First The Rock was a character he was not being Dwayne Johnson thru his career as for John Cena and I have to proof to show it wants to be himself in Wrestling Entertainment he says it in his promos all the time that's why he is hated cuz he has no character, no charisma, he's stale and for him to say he cares for the fans BULL**** he only cares for the ones who buy his merchandise. The Rock had countless great matches way better than John Cena The Rock vs Brock Lesnar better than John Cena vs Brock Lesnar, The Rock vs Triple H better than John Cena vs Triple H, The Rock vs Kurt Angle better than John Cena vs Kurt Angle I mean I can keep going for you to say John Cena vs Cm Punk was a great wrestling match then you must mean The Rock vs Stone Cold was an awful match. I know your not a Rock fan for your own reasons but for you to say Cena is better than The Rock your wrestling history is worthless
    neither big show nor bam bam were the biggest stars in the company when they lost and neither of them lost to former wrestlers who had had one match in the last 7 years they lost to current top of the line athletes who were dominant in their particular sport so that argument is null
    It makes absolutely no sense for Rock to win at WM 28. It's like Vince telling the world that his product sucks, and I for 1 don't think he's that dumb. Also it would help if Rock could actually wrestle instead of having to be carried through most of his matches in his career. A win loss record don't mean squat at WM unless your talking about Undertaker's streak. Personally, I've found Rock to be boring and repetitive for his 7 - 8 years in the business. Cena prooved that he can wrestle at MITB this year vs CM Punk. To say otherwise is just plain obtuse. While I'm not a Cena fan, he has a better attitude than the Rock in all aspects of life and especially when it comes to other wrestlers in general.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.