Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ET2PHM
    I totally agree with you on the Michael Cole subject. Sometimes I switch the channel to something else just because I can't take listening to him anymore. One thing I would add is that when you had Bobby the Brain or Jesse they were not the dominate or lead annoucer McMahon or Gorrilla were the leads and kept them in check. Maybe Lawler should be the Lead annoucer. Just a thought.
    Great point! but back then there was also a lot more emphasis on the match itself - the moves, the dynamics, the feud, while now it's Twitter This and Twitter That.
    I would of course love to see Cole take a backseat to Lawlers (or most anyone elses) commentary, but unfortunately that will never ever ever ever happen... Sigh
    I totally agree with you on the Michael Cole subject. Sometimes I switch the channel to something else just because I can't take listening to him anymore. One thing I would add is that when you had Bobby the Brain or Jesse they were not the dominate or lead annoucer McMahon or Gorrilla were the leads and kept them in check. Maybe Lawler should be the Lead annoucer. Just a thought.
    You absolutely hit the nail on the head with that blog. I'm fed up with Cole, especially because there is no diversity in his commentary. The closest thing to inventive commentary he has is when he calls Daniel Bryan a dork or a geek, instead of nerd. And I mean, it's very possible that they're feeding him lines endlessly, but he must have SOME creative freedom in the way he delivers those lines. Honestly, I just don't think MC is creative enough himself to do that.
    But great read DK - Hop to see more blogs from you!
    @hbk.. I think dubs would argue with dry paint..i dont like ziggler..and just cuz they cream their pants over him doesnt mean I will..and the reason I bring up mic skills is because they are important just as much as a hiptoss..listen to dolph cut a promo, look me in my eyes and tell me he is main event level..i guess u will be sayin zackryder deserves the wwe title lol.
    I must have wrote my blog incorrectly or used incorrect grammar. Oh wait, no I didn't. I never mentioned mic work at all. I only wrote how he reminds me of Mr Perfect, who also oversold moves left and right. How many times did Bret Hart kick him behind the knee and he almost flipped upside down before practically landing on his head? How many times has he been tossed over the ropes and he kicked his legs up so high he couldn't control his landing when he hit the floor? How many times has had his head rammed into the turnbuckle and flew backwards and halfway across the ring? But it was good. He was Mr Perfect and he was one of a kind. I only said he reminded me of him. Not that he was as great as him.

No,but you must have assumed that people only reply to your comment. I was also replying to other comments about Ziggler's mic work. There we're six replies when I wrote mine. You must have thought you wrote all of them. Oh wait, no you didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbk2416
    IMO, Ziggler over sells almost every move he takes. At TLC, he took a slingshot into the ring post and actually wound up his arm and hit it with his fist. I know everyone hits the post with their hand, but he made it so obvious it looked stupid. As for his mic skills...how many times in one promo does he need to tell us that he brags because he can back it up(once per promo is enough. I feel he has taken a step backwards in previous weeks. Mr. Perfect, I don't think so, more like Mr. Kennedy. More style than substance.
    I must have wrote my blog incorrectly or used incorrect grammar. Oh wait, no I didn't. I never mentioned mic work at all. I only wrote how he reminds me of Mr Perfect, who also oversold moves left and right. How many times did Bret Hart kick him behind the knee and he almost flipped upside down before practically landing on his head? How many times has he been tossed over the ropes and he kicked his legs up so high he couldn't control his landing when he hit the floor? How many times has had his head rammed into the turnbuckle and flew backwards and halfway across the ring? But it was good. He was Mr Perfect and he was one of a kind. I only said he reminded me of him. Not that he was as great as him.
    IMO, Ziggler over sells almost every move he takes. At TLC, he took a slingshot into the ring post and actually wound up his arm and hit it with his fist. I know everyone hits the post with their hand, but he made it so obvious it looked stupid. As for his mic skills...how many times in one promo does he need to tell us that he brags because he can back it up(once per promo is enough. I feel he has taken a step backwards in previous weeks. Mr. Perfect, I don't think so, more like Mr. Kennedy. More style than substance.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.