Blog Comments

Seconded on the point about Del Rio. All around good blog dude. You made some very valid points.
    I completely agree with you on Del Rio. I like the guy and he has grown on me this past year, but he is in no way ready for the spot he has which is why his title reigns were such a flop. The WWE saw a guy that could have been a solid main eventer and gave him the Brock Lesnar treatment by pushing him to the moon incredibly too fast. The only problem is Lesnar had Rock, RVD, Angle, Taker, and Big Show to put him over and make him look like a credible force. He also had Heyman backing him up on the mic and he made Lesnar seem like the real deal. I think Del Rio needs to be around R-Truth status right now, well on his way to the title but not actually having achieved it yet. But that's just me talking here.
    Gotta say, I'm intrigued by your take on the above storylines. I'm not as big on the Kane/Cena feud because my gut tells me that somehow, Super Cena will triumph (as usual) and what have you, but I am glad to see Kane get back to his roots as a monster and hope that it will carry on further. The Cena/Johnny Ace feud... while it smacks of Attitude Era, I love seeing Punk just get to show his @$$ whenever he can (the shot he took on Johnny where he was willing to catch a charge = AWESOME!) And I'm quite invested to see what's in store for Jericho - your prediction got my attention, because I didn't think back to all of the backstory you mentioned above with him. Here's hoping these storylines get awesome - and soon. Great write!
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWonder
    I enjoyed the whole show for the first time in a long time. Every match and segment i enjoyed which does not happen often on RAW anymore for me. I like what Kane is doing to Cena but Ryder should no longer be involved. What I enjoyed the most was Brodus Clay because I was pleasantly surprised that he was turned into a character that I was not expecting him to be by 100%. I thought he would be another plain boring monster heel like A-Train or Snitsky or Mike Knox or Tyler Reks. CM Punk vs. Jack Swagger was a fresh matchup although there was that early shoulder up. But Punk decided to play along. I'm actually liking Daniel Bryan's new attitude; the little guy acting tough. I also really enjoyed R-Truth's bit with Ricardo. Since Ricardo is a wrestler in his own right in FCW, he needs to break away from announcing. Jericho's once again speechless appearance has got me wondering more. And yes Michael Cole was actually tolerable for once.
    Um, okay.
    You say that like people aren't allowed to enjoy Raw. I enjoyed Raw. Sure there were a few fuck-ups such as Zack Ryder bouncing up above the platform after the chokeslam, and the match ending of Punk vs Swagger, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I bitched on the threads (which I was slated for) about the Jericho segment, out of pure disappointment. I've calmed down now and I see the bigger picture to that storyline.

Speaking of the 'ref' botch, that was Swagger's botch. He was meant to go down for the 3, as you could tell by Punk's face and his sudden jerking at Swagger's arm for an improvised Anaconda Vise finish. Totally Swagger's fault on that one.

I know you'll tune in next week, so please try to enjoy what is presented to you. A lot of the complainers go into Raw with the mentality that it's likely to be shit, and therefore you don't allow yourself to be entertained.

Raw was gold last night, best one in a while. Remains to be seen whether Clay can get the Funkasaurus gimmick to work; he has the charisma, but it won't get far on here.

I also agree with Andy about Cole, he was calm and collected, not trying to bury the talent or get himself over; laughing at King's jokes and smiling. I noticed it quite quickly and was pretty pleased with it
    Updated 01-10-2012 at 11:03 PM by CM_SUXX_NOT
    [QUOTE=AndyWonder;bt52270]I enjoyed the whole show for the first time in a long time. Every match and segment i enjoyed which does not happen often on RAW anymore for me. I like what Kane is doing to Cena but Ryder should no longer be involved. What I enjoyed the most was Brodus Clay because I was pleasantly surprised that he was turned into a character that I was not expecting him to be by 100%. I thought he would be another plain boring monster heel like A-Train or Snitsky or Mike Knox or Tyler Reks. CM Punk vs. Jack Swagger was a fresh matchup although there was that early shoulder up. But Punk decided to play along. I'm actually liking Daniel Bryan's new attitude; the little guy acting tough. I also really enjoyed R-Truth's bit with Ricardo. Since Ricardo is a wrestler in his own right in FCW, he needs to break away from announcing. Jericho's once again speechless appearance has got me wondering more. And yes Michael Cole was actually tolerable for once.[/QUOTE

Um, okay.
    I'll say this on every page that mentions Jericho and Brodus Clay: FUNKASARUS was payback for everyone who thought "Mute Jericho" was a GOOD idea last week. I caught hell for thinking Jericho not talking was a bad idea, as well. When this guy everyone was waiting to debut finally did, he came out like The Godfather and Rikishi had an illegitimate child. THAT was a troll JUST LIKE JERICHO. So when Y2J does it, it's brilliant. When Clay is repackaged as a bootleg George Clinton, the IWC gets mad. Boo hoo. I love it!
    I enjoyed the whole show for the first time in a long time. Every match and segment i enjoyed which does not happen often on RAW anymore for me. I like what Kane is doing to Cena but Ryder should no longer be involved. What I enjoyed the most was Brodus Clay because I was pleasantly surprised that he was turned into a character that I was not expecting him to be by 100%. I thought he would be another plain boring monster heel like A-Train or Snitsky or Mike Knox or Tyler Reks. CM Punk vs. Jack Swagger was a fresh matchup although there was that early shoulder up. But Punk decided to play along. I'm actually liking Daniel Bryan's new attitude; the little guy acting tough. I also really enjoyed R-Truth's bit with Ricardo. Since Ricardo is a wrestler in his own right in FCW, he needs to break away from announcing. Jericho's once again speechless appearance has got me wondering more. And yes Michael Cole was actually tolerable for once.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.