Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by AJ1981
    I think people have read far too much into the UK crowds. TNA only comes to Britain once a year so obviously people are going to be far more excited than if they saw it on a regular basis. I live in England and have attended many lives events for various promotions and the reactions are usually louder because we get them only once or twice a year.
    Well that's whole point. They have stayed in the same arena in the same town pretty much all year round for 5+ years and the fans there are bored of it. There are hundreds upon hundreds of places they could be touring Impact with.

Like i said in a previous post they are doing house shows so why not set one of those house shows aside for doing an Impact taping then moving on to the next town for house shows and set a show aside for another Impact episode there. They will be doing their house shows as normal and getting Impact tapings done at the same time and in different towns.

They will be making money hand over fist, people will be paying to get in instead of giving out free tickets and they won't be wasting money on paying for plants to bulk the crowd up. It's a win win situation, I really don't see the problem they have for implementing it, it just makes no sense. I'm not exactly the brightest person around but I'm not stupid to not realize they are going to die if they stay in that damn amusement park.
    Updated 04-17-2012 at 01:49 PM by matt1tude
    I think people have read far too much into the UK crowds. TNA only comes to Britain once a year so obviously people are going to be far more excited than if they saw it on a regular basis. I live in England and have attended many lives events for various promotions and the reactions are usually louder because we get them only once or twice a year.
    It's not wanting to be there cus they buy there ticket they do want to be there but they don't dream of it, there will be people all over the US that want TNA to come to them if it does it will be a first experience for them and they will want to make signs and do chants, and if each appearance in a certain place is about 1 year or even 6 months apart they will be excited about it
    I mean they are doing house shows more often why not tape 2 episodes in that town while they are there. then move to the next town for house shows and do the next 2 episodes there.
    The problem is when you stay in one location, you got to keep people to want to come back. It is like a circus being in town. Money is great the first month, but than the money coming in goes down. It is just like football games locally. It is there every friday in the fall, but I don't go to every game. I just go to the ones that means something. January 4th is big, ppvs are big, huge debut is expected such as Kurt Angle or something like that. Don't go for moments you could live without such as a promo with Garrett, Gunner, and Eric. Would you really like to see that on a weekly basis? I certainly wouldn't.....LOL! Prob just walk around til someone gives me a free ticket.
    Good Read...Pretty much right on point with my TNA blog from last week.
    Jan 4, 2010 -- The day the real TNA died.

Honestly TNA would only need to do two or three things to become a decent competitor and they're things that won't ever happen now.
    1. As you've said, road shows. They serve a few purposes, not the least of which is getting the brand's name out there.
    2. They need to buy out ROH and bring the entire roster on board while cutting the bullshit and ancient guys from their current show. From here maybe even creating a second show, one a road show and the other the stationary show we've seen.
    3. Return to the six-sided ring. While it may have been a gimmick to set them apart visually, it worked. When they had the six, everything seemed so much more exciting and energized. Once they switched over to the standard four poster, things seem to have slowed down almost dramatically.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.