Blog Comments

This was superb!!! Finally a person who exhibits some intelligence about the wrestling product. Someone else who isn't afraid to say "I like blah blah, but I didn't like blah blah blah". I can appreciate you honesty. I think to many of these wrestling fans or marks claim that they have to be one way versus another. People we are not wrestlers who have to be face or heel; We are fans. We are allowed to love and hate at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce
    Great blog!!! I think you speak like the realistic smart fan should... The fact is that there is always gonna be good and bad with every part of life. Its only when people get this pationate about something they love that they get so wrapped up and emotional over it... Always have loved wrestling and i always will... Monday night is for chilling out and forgetting about lifes real problems... Even if we have to see tensai in lingerie..

Thanks! Always appreciate any comments!!
    Great blog!!! I think you speak like the realistic smart fan should... The fact is that there is always gonna be good and bad with every part of life. Its only when people get this pationate about something they love that they get so wrapped up and emotional over it... Always have loved wrestling and i always will... Monday night is for chilling out and forgetting about lifes real problems... Even if we have to see tensai in lingerie..
    WWE needs to take the floundering mid carders and place them in long term tag teams, first off. They need to realize that not everyone is meant to be a singles star. They push everybody to be a singles star and when they can't live up to expectations they cut their losses. Some great talent has been fired. Put them in tag teams. No shame in that. Some of the greats have been tag team competitors and failed as single stars. I can name tons of greats, that were great because of tag team wrestling.

Second it would be cool if they resurrect the Jim Crockett Cup Tournament. They can name it the McMahon tournament. If you never witnessed the Crockett Cup Tournament you were either too young or you missed out, BIG time.

It's too bad TNA beat the WWE to the bunch with their random placement tag team tournament that produced Samoa Joe and Magnus. That was a good move by TNA and would have worked really well in the WWE.
    i'd have the usos win both funky and lord tensai are boring and they are not quite young if you'd give the usos the win over the miz and jomo that would really make the usos credible as a tag team.
    I enjoyed reading your blog...I am 33 so we've grown up watching the same era's, familiar with the same wrestlers. I was a huge Rock fan during the attitude era...he wasnt my #1 but I loved the Rock. I am glad he's back...and I love the feud with Cena and am very excited for the Mania match. I'd tend to agree with The Next Big Thing in that, I think the Rock is here for the fans and to help the business. I really do.

I don't buy into rumors and backstage gossip on wrestling websites. What I am seeing each week on RAW is an exciting feud between Rock and Cena that feels special because of the year long build up. A great feud takes time to build...and this Cena-Rock feud has that. Both of these guys are two of the best ever...they both are good wrestlers (Rock a little better than Cena but that really doesn't matter) and they both are amazing on the mic. I don't see Rock having any disrespect for the fans, the wrestlers or the business. I'm just excited he's back.

I will agree with you on Cena should get more respect than he does. He's a good wrestler who gives his absolute best each and every week for the fans. I personally have no problem with Cena. He's not my favorite. But I don't hate him at all. I like the guy. I think for the most part he does nothing but good for the company. I loved his rap promo this week - the old school Cena - it was a nice trip back to what started him off and running towards being the #1 guy. And he deserves the spot he has.

Personally, I'm cheering for the Rock...I'm loyal to him and the attitude era. It was my favorite time in wrestling and until a new era passes it...I will always back those guys. I won't be pissed if Cena wins though. I'd understand if that's what has to happen.
    This blog is great and brings back a lot of memories. In 1991 for some reason my entire housing estate got Sky 1 for free and big shows for me were superstars followed by wrestling challenge. I Remember guys like The Berzerker, Mr. Perfect, The Warlord you name it. Every character was absolutely awesome for a kid. It makes me sad that kid's these days have to watch with all these tame characters, absolutely nothing like the awesomeness the Legion of Doom.

We didn't get sky sports for ages but it was great to get it, and though I always looked down on wcw I was glad it was there on tnt.

My opinion of all the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson stuff is this - Whatever everybody thinks about him, or is compelled to think about him, it really is just rumors really. I personally don't really care what rock's agenda is, nobody really should. I didn't before and I don't now. Dwayne is the same man he has always been, whether you thinks he reeks of a dickhead's aura or you think the man can do no wrong, he's always been the same. He has as much respect for the business now that he did in the attitude era. I'm not going to say the man's a saint, he might have no respect or he might have huge respect, only the man himself genuinely knows. As long as he's there that's what it is, money or spots being taken should be irrelevant.

Thanks for the great read.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.