Blog Comments

Love the Uncooked blog, as always.

For obvious reasons, I was okay with The Miz vs Ziggler...especially the ending. But as you read on my last Coffee Talk, WWE is either forgetting about him, or he's being buried for whatever reason. I liked the Miz's use of the Figure Four...He bridged himself up and it looked awesome.

You didn't mention the New Age Outlaws. To me, it was good to see them but hopefully not on a steady basis...they are looking old.

Nice job my man. Hopefully we'll see more. Someone actually requested me to do some special edition Abdominal Stretch blogs leading up to Wrestlemania. Perhaps that's on the horizon.
    Nice uncooked blog, I agree with your choices for the good, indifferent, and bad. maybe moving team hell no to the indifferent... and fandago into an even lower category.
    Remember AJ/Cena love trist...Kane/DB Hell NO...whatta crock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    Stihltygre, Do you remember the aj styles baby storyline? WWE is much more creative IMO in their storylines, and give them their due diligence and be done with them. With the exclusion of the anonymous gm.
    You said it "BROTHER"! I compare TNA (favorably) to WCW/Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling...good wrestling, with a bit of bravato...fightin' it out...not stories written in tabloids, internet spoilers(CENA/ROCK). Plus, for a while the biggest star was AJ Lee, until they kept messing with her story. WWE had a great thing going with PUNK, until they killed it themselves, turning him HEEL! The Shield followed A&E. WWE has a loud mouth old wrestler/actor for champion...TNA has a former WWE champion...maybe he will lose to Hulk Hogan! My VOTE is for TNA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihltygre
    i disagree on storyline, personally i think the TNA storylines are better, i would love to see TNA really get some traction and become a force because that kind of competition is what's good for the industry
    the AJ story lines were actually very enjoyable to me...

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88
    While they were both "love" angles, there were to many differences to simply say they were mirrors of each other because of the "love" spin.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I found these AJ storylines overkill and she seemed to trend downward in appeal once she became this kind of superstar. One of the better wrestlers in the Divas division was just a toy passed around from superstar to superstar, thus making her appeal that of a walking Petri dish rather than a credible Valet.

And bear – I don’t think the stories where “identical” but they were similar in the accusations of having an affair. The major difference; at least both AJ and Dixie were married. Cena and AJ Lee were both single so I don’t see how it was an affair.

Brock losing was the smart business move.

I guess it comes down to perspective. I remember that match, not for Cena winning, but for Brock beating the shit out of Cena.

They bring back one of the most controversial names involving the WWE in the past decade and have him “negotiate” with Mr. Excitement, Johnny Ace in a hostile takeover angle due to contract negotiations. The loss was smart for business, but they killed his momentum within a month of his return by putting his weaknesses on display rather than hiding them as they later did with Paul Heyman. This was the storyline involved; not the match that your remember, bear.

The 18 second match Daniel bryan has accredited with getting him over

Denny – Daniel Bryan got over thanks to the fans not letting him be buried for this; he got over in spite of the 18 seconds, not because of it. You do see the difference, don’t you Denny?

The embrace the hate story line I also liked

I actually enjoyed this storyline, except for the ending of the feud.

It killed Ryder’s push (okay, this might not be the worst thing), the acting from Kane and Cena was pretty horrid, and the end of the feud did what? Outside of killing off Ryder that is...

I can't recall the scramble thing you are talking about

Cena vs. Punk – Cena gets hurt so they sub in Ryback. Cena is cleared the week before the event. After the build to the Ryback/Punk match, magically Cena gets added with no real reason why he should be involved in their match (outside of the fact that it is Cena).

He's a heel and he used a real life event to get over more as a heel.

I actually enjoyed this. Some call it distasteful, but it served its purpose.

Fair enough. Heyman is a heel so that is understandable if this is all you viewed it as. To me personally, when a staff member basically dies on screen and the moment he returns, you mock him for it is almost as distasteful as having the same heart attack victim eat fried and fatty foods on the television to make sponsors happy... Oh wait.

While anything involving a heel Bully Ray was gold, they turned him face... I honestly hope he turns heel again as I think he is such a better heel... I disagree on Bad Influence... for a good portion of 2012 they were involved in a shitty storyline with AJ.

I agree WWE wins, but I see Bully turning face wasn’t to make him a “good guy” but to propel him when he returns heel over this A&8’s thing, so I still think its gold. As for Bad Influence – They are the only reason why the Claire Lynch thing was bearable. Their comedy mocked the obviously shitty angle and that’s a win in my book.

When I think of talent they developed and then brought to the main scene, i would think of a lot of the gut check winners, of which none have come back to the main roster i believe.

This is the difference though – If the work the developmental talent is doing in NXT counts for WWE guys, the OVW work should count for the TNA guys. You have seen the NXT stuff, but you haven’t seen OVW, have you (not to mention, how long were all of those superstars in NXT before debuting versus how long the GutCheck guys have been in OVW)? If not, keep the lines balanced and grade them only by what is witnessed on the main shows; not what has been done in developmental.

I think the moment they get close to competing with the WWE, the WWE will find a way to squash the company. But that is just one mans opinion.

Like I said, you are entitled to this opinion and I see where you generated. I respectfully disagree, and that is acceptable cross roads to leave it at as only time will tell where the path will lead TNA.
    I don't think this angle was horrible, but it wasn't good. I think it could have been ok if it was at any other PPV, but didn't fit for WM.

The angle had some moments but overall, it meant having to listen to Mr. Excitement and I just found that to be very annoying.
    John Cena absolutely did Ziggler no favours whatsoever. That man right there is either too stupid to realize how damaging he is to guys careers, or -most likely- he just doesn't give a shit about making people look good. Either way, the Cena-Ziggler feud set Dolph back a good few months. Many may lay the blame at the feet of creative, but Cena could -and should- have done much more for a man who is destined to be a top level WWE SuperStarâ„¢ for many moons to pass.

^Ooh, look, typical IWC hating on Cena!!

*rolls eyes*

I can't wait until a stadium full of folk boo Cena out of the building on April 7th. Would they fall under the same banner as the IWC crowd? Or, should they be placed alongside those fans who -like most of us- have just truly Cena F**kin Nuff of the drivel that this incarnation of JFC offers the world.

If Cena walks out of 'mania with the same ol' JC Chuckles attitude, I'll be one bemused customer for sure.

I say have The Rock beat Cena again, and have him drop the title to someone not named John Cena at Extreme Rulez, and have an obsessed heel Cena chase the title for the rest of the year until 'mania XXX, where he can win it to an ironic ultra-pop from the fans in attendance.

Also, I just wanna say that I think that JC Chuckle-a-lot is NOT guaranteed victory at 'mania 29, and, in fact, I think they'd be fools to give him the win. Even more of a fact, is the powers that be in McVinnieLandâ„¢ know that too. Question is, though, will they actually show some of that intestinal fortitude that used to be their calling card, or will they start the new WWE calendar year with a champ that offers few fresh match ups? Face CenaNuffToKnowIveHadeNuff vs Heel Blandy Orton part 1,002 anyone? Yup, thought not.

Saying all of that, I truly do not hate Cena, and was a Prototype mark before his SD! debut, and have honestly remained a fan up until this very day, wacky interpretation of wrestling and all. I find his uniqueness quite charming, and his "guy off the street pretending to wrestle" style in the ring more than tolerable. I just haven't been fond of the majority of the impartial booking he's received since, like, 2005 to date.
    Denny, you do remember the Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy angle from last year’s WM, right?

I don't think this angle was horrible, but it wasn't good. I think it could have been ok if it was at any other PPV, but didn't fit for WM.

How about "Embrace the Hate"?

I actually enjoyed this storyline, except for the ending of the feud.

Or the angle that WWE did similar to the AJ baby angle... AJ Lee / John Cena / Vickie Guerrero scandal...

I wouldn't compare the AJ Styles baby angle to the Lee/Cena/Guerrero angle. While they were both "love" angles, there were to many differences to simply say they were mirrors of each other because of the "love" spin.

AJ Lee as GM?

Ok...you've got a point there.

Brock losing to Cena immediately after returning from a LONG absence?

I guess it comes down to perspective. I remember that match, not for Cena winning, but for Brock beating the shit out of Cena.

18 seconds to open Mania?

Ok..good point.

The Fake Heart Attack?

I actually enjoyed this. Some call it distasteful, but it served its purpose.

Survivor Series Scramble angle that added Cena to the match... Almost the night of the PPV?

Ok...another good point

Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.